Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Ten years ago, TNA hyped up that something massive was going to happen at Bound For Glory.

In the main event, that massive thing happened, Jeff Hardy turned heel along with Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff and formed Immortal, a lovely version of the nWo, which itself had already been done to death.

Today, we honor this monumental anniversary by laughing at TNA.

seriously their big move to save their dying ppv buyrates and sinking company was the nWo lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9CdIzMFXws

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=asnEzU_x6PY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzmBUUSDDKM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LALyStJcb6w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6IE0zokPPU

I picked a really fuckin stupid time to follow this product

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
They should have called them 'the Immortals', because that sounds much more interesting.

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
I maintain that Immortal would have been at least semi interesting if the focus was more on Jeff Hardy turning heel for the first time since the OMEGA days and less about Hulk loving Hogan again. Jeff's turn hurt business but at least some of the stuff with Jeff was interesting. I remember a few promos he did in the short lived "RE-ACTION" show that were REALLY promising. No-one wanted to see the nWo again

Also:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

1. When did you first hear about what would become Impact?

2. When did you first believe it was happening?

3. What was your reaction and what did you think it would be like?

4. Did you believe they would get a TV deal at first? When did you start to believe it would be a good deal?

5. What was your first guess of what the product would be like? Has it been anything close to what you expected?

6. Is it better or worse than you expected?

7. Has TNA changed how you watch/enjoy wrestling?

J-Ro
Jul 26, 2005

Child Of The Revolution

https://twitter.com/IMPACTWRESTLING/status/1314931188587393026

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

TNA owned because it was truly terrible and kinda good for a long period, impact is merely mediocre and that is the biggest crime of all in pro wrestling.

also it was the first promotion I could watch weekly so :shobon:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
TNA's biggest crime is probably squatting on the territory of second biggest American wrestling company for over a decade despite constantly being a joke inside wrestling circles. AEW could only really get off the ground after TNA had crashed and burned out of the mainstream TV channels.

They absolutely squandered the better part of some of the best wrestlers in the world careers all so people like Jeff Jarrett could have vanity runs and shite matches.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
2010 was the worst year in wrestling history worldwide

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

Cavauro posted:

4. Did you believe they would get a TV deal at first? When did you start to believe it would be a good deal?

5. What was your first guess of what the product would be like? Has it been anything close to what you expected?

yeah

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Cavauro posted:

1. I heard about TNA on this forum. It was around the time that Christian and Angle both went there. I was huge fans of both guys and was excited to watch them again.
3. My first exposure to TNA was a house show in my area I went to. The house show was loving cool as poo poo, it was really fun and since I was in the military at the time I got to meet Kurt Angle which was huge for me. However I still really couldn't get into Impact very much
4. I thought their deal with Spike was amazing so I didn't see them ever leaving
5. Based off of what I heard I felt like TNA was what I expected. Flippy X-Division matches followed by decent main events
6. At the time I started watching it was great. I will occasionally watch it and keep my fingers crossed that it's good but even when it's good I just can't get into it
7. No

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
RIP TNA