Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kreeblah
May 17, 2004

INSERT QUACK TO CONTINUE

Taco Defender
I dropped mine in the local dropbox last week, and it showed up as accepted a few days later.

+1 for Hawkins. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I've been checking my mail-in ballot on the Rhode Island SOS website every day since I dropped it off on the 19th, and it was finally processed yesterday. RI seems to have caught up with the early and absentee voting after dragging toward the beginning of the month. No Senate races this year and the only meaningful statewide issue is Question 1, which would remove "...and Providence Plantations" from the official state title. 10 years ago this proposal was overwhelmingly shot down, but maybe it will change. Rhode Island has a complicated history with slavery as one of the first states to abolish it but also one of the largest profiteers of the Transatlantic Slave Trade. As an FYI "Providence Plantations" didn't actually have anything to do with slavery when the colony was named, but it's kind of a loaded word nowadays for obvious reasons. I expect it not to pass.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Oh there were magic mushrooms on my ballot also.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

MD voter here. Woke up at 6:30 AM to go to an early voter center near me that opens at 7 AM so I can get ahead of the line. Turns out there was still a line, but it took like 20-30 min tops to get my ballot and vote. Had the option to fill in a paper ballot or use an electronic voting machine, but I chose the paper ballot to fill out and have it scanned.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Pick posted:

It's a good first step, but until we can see some Fire Flowers or a Starman on the ballot, we're never going to see real change.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
+2 straight ticket Dem in Michigan from me and Mrs. dirt. We used the drive-up dropbox outside our clerk's office, so in true American fashion we never had to leave our car.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Pick posted:

A ploy to make you eat it. I hope you filled it out and mailed it back instead.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

ReidRansom posted:

A ploy to make you eat it. I hope you filled it out and mailed it back instead.

I did. no fun for me!

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.
Voted in New York City at Madison Square Garden and had to wait in line for about an hour and 15 minutes. It could have been worse. I bet it would have been better if I had gone later in the afternoon, but my schedule didn't permit it.

Flopsy
Mar 4, 2013

The drive up there was complete poo poo but there was no wait and the whole shebang took about five minutes. Voted straight dem up the entire ticket. Hope it makes a difference here in PA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginger Beer Belly
Aug 18, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Track Your Absentee Ballot - Results
Showing results for: GINGER BEER BELLY
POLK COUNTY GENERAL ELECTION 11/3/2020
Date Request Processed by Auditor - Date Ballot Sent by Auditor - Date Voted Ballot Received by Auditor
9/3/2020 10/5/2020 10/23/2020

Filled out ballot and put it in our mailbox with the flag up. We don't have any political signs in the yard so weren't worried about the possibility a partisan mail carrier might try to make it disappear.

In Iowa, one of the ballot measures was whether or not to call a constitutional convention to propose amendments. As the Republicans control the state legislature, I voted no as they would be the ones proposing the changes. Additionally, I only chose to vote against the retaining of 2 judges as the Republican Governor would have significant influence over the replacement of any judges.