Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Oh derp, update on previous page.

Nvm, pretty sure I've brought up why we haven't seen that many xenos books before, at least until recently.

But I think the best way to describe Commorragh would almost be Rapture from Bioshock, as they wanted it to be in a sense.

Another fun thing to talk about is Dark Eldar on the tabletop, because they've had a really weird journey from their 3rd edition journey.
Even if I'm not exactly the right person to talk about it but seeing them suddenly be one of the best armies during 9th edition is kinda weird since they've been kinda unremarkable otherwise during previous editions.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Sep 4, 2022

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012

Laughing Zealot posted:

tHeY cUuUmM!!!

They C U U U M!!!!

painedforever
Sep 12, 2017

Quem Deus Vult Perdere, Prius Dementat.
Shows what an idiot Tahril is.

"... all but two leaders as fewls in the conflict; Caerys and Carron."

Seriously?

We missed out on "Metal Bawkses!"

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues
Episode 5: Unification Mod Survival Mode

Hello everyone! Here's some Unification Mod as promised, the first of two videos showing a fairly, not very deep look into a mod which honestly has so much content in it I think it would take a year of videos to get through everything. We're doing two factions that were already in the game, and playing the Skirmish mode which is a fun wave-based challenge that lets you line up your mans and blast holes into approaching enemies, a mode I'm quite fond of.

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Oct 21, 2022

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I think the commentary is a bit desynced from the video.
As the remark about the options happened when the loading screen showed up and then the remark about the loading screen happened when the game was already running.

Add: Okay yeah, it's desynced, think I'll give the rest a pass for now, it's a little bit too distracting.

But now for my usual "As I watch along" commentary:

Yes, Breachers are a new troop type that got added to the game (with an upgraded box set) in like 8th edition I think.

Oh wow, no idea if you mention where I'm currently at with the video but the Swordfish model is a callback to the old "Make your own vehicles" rules from around 4th ed (published in White Dwarf and later Chapter Approved) where someone makes a Devilfish with dual railguns. Complete with a kitbashed model with a Devilfish without the front fins.

Speaking of mod communities and fractioning; if I remember correctly, Unification is actually a spin off from the Dawn of War Apocalypse mod because the Uni devs disagreed with the Apoc Mod lead dev and went on to do their own thing.
No idea if Apoc mod is still going or not nowadays but I think Unficiation has supplanted them.

I really should download Unification, but trying the torrent makes my computer poo poo itself because whoever made the torrent file did something horribly wrong with it.
And downloading it via modb regular way is an absolute pain in the rear end due to file size.

Edit: I might have mentioned that before, in my defense its been a while since last update. :v:
But last I checked they hadn't update it.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Oct 21, 2022

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

I wonder if the desynch is a product of my editing (this one was kind of awful to edit) or the length. I'll look into it. It wouldn't be Soulstorm if even trying to just get this up wasn't horrible.

Edit: Yep it was my editing, currently re-encoding to re-upload, will take probably the entire day to get done, sorry everyone!

TheLastRoboKy fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Oct 21, 2022

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Okay there we go, all fixed. Sorry about that everyone. New episode is up and ready to go.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I did not expect the Stormsurge to... shuffle like that.

To offer a correction; The Wulfen are Space Wolves that have failed to deal with the Curse of the Wulfen that resides within the Canis Helix during initiation and then they mutate into Wulfen.

Oh yeah, the second mention of the Vanus Assassin reminds me that GW revealed an official model of them a while back. As well as a couple of other assassin clades.

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Oct 21, 2022

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The fact that the survival mode has an actual end game is really cool! But no matter what we do, Fate conspired to ensure it ended as the game willed.

Gothsheep
Apr 22, 2010
You should be able to disable the fog in the Dawn of War Mod Manager. There should be a check box in the upper left.

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Episode 6: More Unification Mod Survival Mode

So here we are, the end of the Let's Play and not entirely how I expected it would end and certainly a lot later than intended but that's life and Let's Plays I guess. It's not the end of me playing Soulstorm since it turns out Survival Mode reinvigorated my love of standing in place and watching people explode and sail into the sky, but it's definitely time to put this particular puppy to bed so it can wake up barking bright and early tomorrow I'm losing the metaphor help. This one I'm not really going to spoil who is facing one another but it was a surprise and honestly pretty drat cool (once I figured out what I was doing). This one's the longest video yet but neither myself or Coolguye felt like we had nothing to talk about so please enjoy the explosions!

Thanks for everyone who watched and followed along, through the long periods of life slapping us in the face to now. No idea when Coolguye and I will do Soulstorm Unification streams together but eyyyy we'll see.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

I think the only way that matchup would've been better if you were going up against Iron Warriors.

Just gonna spoiler some my comments until more people have seen the video.

The Phalanx is still around, it got massively damaged after the Iron Warriors boarded it, alongside Be'Lakor and a whole bunch of Daemons.
Funnily enough, they got their asses saved by the Legion of the Damned as another tie-in to the video.
But in the end like 10% of the Station got wrecked as a result of daemonic infestations but thanks to a little help from the Custodes and their Dark Cells storage who gave the Fists some unknown tech to fix up the station proper.

So the Daemon Prince you're referring to in that case is Doombreed. I knew about him as well but don't think I ever picked up the name until I looked it up. And it's just said he was "a mighty warlord who led armies which ravaged entire nations on Terra long ago in the Age of Terra around M1/M2" without really going into specifics. And they did such a bang up job that Khorne gave them daemonhood.
Who was also present on board Vengeful Spirit and saw Horus kill Sanguinius and assisted in the fight against the Emperor.

It's something funny about the fact that the most dreaded unit was an armored land speeder. :v:

Cooked Auto fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Nov 4, 2022