Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Despite Doom's massive success and being ported to every system imaginable, the Nintendo 64 did not receive a port. It instead got a Doom of its very own, with all new sprites and a flashier engine. And now it's been ported to modern consoles for everyone to enjoy. It's Doom 64!

The LP:
JigglyJacob takes the reins for another All Secrets run, with myself (ThornBrain) and TorpidTypist on co-commentary.

(Note: this LP was started right as the you-know-what times began, but I refrained from posting this here until the site was sold, so it's well ahead already. It's now here since Fedule gave the okay though.)

----------------------------------

----------------------------------

Fanart

(By crthemighty)

(by mateo360)

ThornBrain fucked around with this message at 20:00 on Oct 16, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.
Crthemighty is here to fulfill our needs

mateo360
Mar 20, 2012

TOO MANY PEOPLE MERLOCK!
ONLY ONE DIJON!
oh are we posting fanart here? Stupid thing I made after the first episode cause of all the crushers in the early game:

Crazy Achmed
Mar 13, 2001

Man, it's just clicked: the aesthetics of the architecture in this game feel closer to quake than doom a lot of the time. Lots of medieval-looking stone blocks and riveted metal panels, little recessed switches and frescoes. Plus it often has the fog and brown thing going on as well as the shotguns firing and reloading like the ones in Quake.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Doomguy's true identity is revealed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Doom 64 concludes with the last of the Lost and Fun levels. Look forward to Doom (2016), starting next week! We already recorded the first three parts, and they go even more off the rails than this LP did.