Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

This idea got tossed around by a few posters in D&D meta discussion thread as away to improve forums culture, so I thought why the gently caress not?

I think it'd be cool if we all picked a movie to watch over the course of a week and then came back and discussed it.

Anyone have any recommendations for a loosely politics related movie? Something bad like "Ides of March" or "Dave"? Something educational?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Borat 2

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Well you already mentioned Ides of March, which is a really funny movie to watch in 2020 hellworld but we could always find a particularly egregious BOTH SIIIIDESSS West Wing episode to groan at.

Seven Hundred Bee
Nov 1, 2006

axeil posted:

Well you already mentioned Ides of March, which is a really funny movie to watch in 2020 hellworld but we could always find a particularly egregious BOTH SIIIIDESSS West Wing episode to groan at.

Ooh, I like this idea.

How about the one where the President has 2 openings on the SC and decides to nominate both someone on the far left and the far right because they have such a good back and forth?

Crumbskull
Sep 13, 2005

The worker and the soil
We should watch United Red Army by Kōji Wakamatsu, op.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
the Atlas Shrugged movies are incredibly bad. I nominate them.

e: there are sites (http://psp-tv.com/ is goon-run) that allow for communal viewing and chatting. or do you plan on running it like a book club, where everyone consumes at their own pace?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

DrSunshine
Mar 23, 2009

Did I just say that out loud~~?!!!
All the President's Men

Comedy option: Airplane! :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neige
Mar 20, 2006

Pregnant Woman got pepper sprayed and kicked in the stomach? That ugly bitch was asking for it.
Twilight's Last Gleaming.