Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

My smell and taste came back to around 25% after two weeks. Seems to have stalled there for now, 1 week later

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bioshuffle
Feb 10, 2011

No good deed goes unpunished

My cousin tested positive three weeks ago. He got lost of his smell and taste back, no longer had a fever, but still has a cough. Apparently his primary care physician told him he's cleared to return to work without a test because the cough is most likely due to inflammation. Does that sound right? I was under the impression most people needed a negative test before returning, I'm surprised he'll be back interacting with people at work while having a cough.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Bioshuffle posted:

My cousin tested positive three weeks ago. He got lost of his smell and taste back, no longer had a fever, but still has a cough. Apparently his primary care physician told him he's cleared to return to work without a test because the cough is most likely due to inflammation. Does that sound right? I was under the impression most people needed a negative test before returning, I'm surprised he'll be back interacting with people at work while having a cough.

Here in Quebec the rule is 10 days after onset of symptoms you can go back to normal activities unless you still have "heavy" symptoms, then it depends. No tests required. You can still have a little cough (it can last weeks), fatigue, etc.

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

Same in the US. In fact people continue to test positive for weeks or even months after the virus is already dead, apparently

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

Hell, in North Dakota you get a positive test, tell the nurse to go gently caress themselves, and just head off into the wilderness to keep working your job

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

For me it was just blammo, nothing. I’ve been a cook for most of my adult life so that might colour things for me, but it was one of the scariest bits for me. Everything was gross water-flavoured chunks and “thick water” flavored liquids, even though I knew I needed to be dumping calories into my body. Under normal circumstances I’d have taken any excuse to gorge, so having no appetite felt extremely foreign. My senses have come back thankfully.

I didn’t feel a whole lot in my nose or sinuses ever, though. It was a cough and a lot of unpleasantries in my chest. I don’t think covid hits the sinuses hard, but I’m no expert. Specifically a dry cough I should add- you can feel the difference between the rona cough and the “swallowed my drink the wrong way” cough

that’s so bizarre. i’d try that for a few days if i could avoid the, yknow, deadly illness

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
Well, it’s likely my housemate has it (runs a dept in a grocery store) so we are waiting on results to confirm him and I am trying to get in for a rapid test today. Windows open, fans on, wearing masks other than when sleeping (separately) and lysoling everything.

I feel fine but I am scared. I’ll pretty much be in my own if I get sick, so what are things you wish you’d had in your sickbeds? I’m gonna change out my sheets and fluff my pillows, buy a flat of water bottles and Gatorade’s to have at hand and I made and portioned out some soups tonight. I’ve got a stack of books and laptop ready to go.

Any input welcome, I’m preparing for the worst.

Gio
Jun 20, 2005

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Well, it’s likely my housemate has it (runs a dept in a grocery store) so we are waiting on results to confirm him and I am trying to get in for a rapid test today. Windows open, fans on, wearing masks other than when sleeping (separately) and lysoling everything.

I feel fine but I am scared. I’ll pretty much be in my own if I get sick, so what are things you wish you’d had in your sickbeds? I’m gonna change out my sheets and fluff my pillows, buy a flat of water bottles and Gatorade’s to have at hand and I made and portioned out some soups tonight. I’ve got a stack of books and laptop ready to go.

Any input welcome, I’m preparing for the worst.

get a pulse ox and tylenol.

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

Gio posted:

get a pulse ox and tylenol.

Thanks! Ordered a pulse ox and have tylenol. Whats the briteline for hospital time with the pulse ox? I have seen a few posts that state 95 is the magic number

Rorobb
Aug 17, 2005

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

Thanks! Ordered a pulse ox and have tylenol. Whats the briteline for hospital time with the pulse ox? I have seen a few posts that state 95 is the magic number

Below 95 is cause for concern but my doctor told me go to the hospital below 90. I think they might turn you away otherwise

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

banned from Starbucks posted:

For those that have lost taste/smell how would you rate it? Is the taste like..muted or just completely gone? Does stuff taste like cardboard? Does the loss of smell come with any other sinus type feeling or pressure? Was it a gradual build up or just bam, suddenly the next meal you could notice it?

A family friend got it and it hit him almost instantaneously. Once he realized something was up he went to the bathroom and sprayed some cologne on his wrist. Even holding his wrist directly under his nose he couldn't smell it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PainterofCrap
Oct 17, 2002

hey bebe

I've tested negative four times since May (3-swab, 1-antibody) so whatever crud I had the entire month of February and half way through March apparently wasn't it...but for 24-hours, I couldn't smell poo poo and only my tongue worked for taste.

It started when we were eating out and the food tasted like salty cardboard and paste. It was really weird because I have lost my sense of smell before, during heavy head colds, but this time my airways were all clear.