Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

I do! It's my favorite chill out activity. I pick a podcast i like - currently I'm listening to Fall of Rome and on episode 20, which is about the Anglo-Saxons and they immigrated to england and changed it forever, also how a dude writing centuries later about them was FURIOUS that these barbarians came into England

Then while I listen I play Pixel Puzzles Ultimate which is my favorite jigsaw puzzle game. It's not very "good" (try Animated Puzzles for a good one) as the pictures are all over the place and it lacks a bunch of features but I like snapping pieces to the grid and getting achievements.

Do any of you do this? Or have other similar ways to chill out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nut

ya but i have to listen to podcasts I can phase out to while puzzling, I puzzle stuff like The Room games, Wordle, cryptic crosswords, Talos Principle, Hidden Folks, Sidewords, Pictopix, and Glass Masquerade. If you like jigsaws, Glass Masquerade was real good

StrixNebulosa

nut posted:

ya but i have to listen to podcasts I can phase out to while puzzling, I puzzle stuff like The Room games, Wordle, cryptic crosswords, Talos Principle, Hidden Folks, Sidewords, Pictopix, and Glass Masquerade. If you like jigsaws, Glass Masquerade was real good

Yeah! I loved Glass Masquerade. I recently finished GM2 and it was nowhere near as good, but the DLC looks promising and I can't wait to pick it up.

I don't know if I could do Talos Principle while podcasting, it's so thinky.

nut

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yeah! I loved Glass Masquerade. I recently finished GM2 and it was nowhere near as good, but the DLC looks promising and I can't wait to pick it up.

I don't know if I could do Talos Principle while podcasting, it's so thinky.

there's a sequel?!

StrixNebulosa

nut posted:

there's a sequel?!

Yeah!! https://store.steampowered.com/app/935880/Glass_Masquerade_2_Illusions/

Sadly it has only round puzzles and the aesthetic isn't my bag but it's still puzzle goodness!

nut

StrixNebulosa posted:

Yeah!! https://store.steampowered.com/app/935880/Glass_Masquerade_2_Illusions/

Sadly it has only round puzzles and the aesthetic isn't my bag but it's still puzzle goodness!

I already did my first one! Thank u for bringing this to my attention!

I think picrosses are my favourite mindless puzzle, but I recently got Murder by Numbers, which tries to combine phoenix wright and picross but it just makes me mad that there's all this exposition between Picross puzzles when I play

Jinh

I really like a game called Hexcells Infinite on steam, it's a logic puzzle game that's a cross between sudoku and minesweeper. https://store.steampowered.com/app/304410/Hexcells_Infinite/

And when I play I like to put on music I've never listened to before. I always had a different taste in music compared to my friends and schoolmates and all, so I never listened to radiohead or Iron maiden or rush growing up.

A week ago or two ago I listened to My Bloody Valentine for the first time and posted about it in the yob, I can't believe I spent my whole life not knowing about Loveless...

nut

ohhh I think I have that but have never played, and ya! I'm working through my weekly suggestions on spotify rn, new Goldmund is v v good

StrixNebulosa

My music playlist du jour is Sowulo (nordic folk acoustic stuff), Beyonce (Blow) and random stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y61xASw1m4U

I love Hexcells, even though I suck at it. Have you played Demoncrawl? That's my favorite minesweeper but modern thing.

Jinh

StrixNebulosa posted:

My music playlist du jour is Sowulo (nordic folk acoustic stuff), Beyonce (Blow) and random stuff like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y61xASw1m4U

I love Hexcells, even though I suck at it. Have you played Demoncrawl? That's my favorite minesweeper but modern thing.

No I'll have to look it up after work

:f5: this thread forever for new music recs and chill-rear end puzzle game recs keep em comin

StrixNebulosa

Jinh posted:

:f5: this thread forever for new music recs and chill-rear end puzzle game recs keep em comin

More chill puzzlers I enjoy:

Cloud Gardens
Everyday Genius: Squarelogic
Freecell Quest
Militia (and honestly anything by this dev)
Blockwick 2
Escape Goat
Freeways
A Good Snowman is Hard to Build
Highrise Heroes Word Challenge
Imprint X
Islanders
Logistical (all of this, I love it)
Lyne
Mini Metro
Quell
Road Not Taken
Solitarica
Wilmot's Warehouse
World of Goo

Some of these are less chill but they're all good/interesting

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

i was listening to podcasts and playing shapez.io a while ago. you build factories and try to assemble cool shapes

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

How Wonderful!

I only have excellent ideas
I really like picross but I mostly do them in silence to help with migraines. Next time I have a podcast on I'll try to do a picross then for the "augmented experience."

-sig by Manifisto! goblin by Khanstant! News and possum by deep dish peat moss!

Bingo Bango

Does playing Two Dots during a training video about government compliance and ethics count?

Jinh

StrixNebulosa posted:

More chill puzzlers I enjoy:

Cloud Gardens
Everyday Genius: Squarelogic
Freecell Quest
Militia (and honestly anything by this dev)
Blockwick 2
Escape Goat
Freeways
A Good Snowman is Hard to Build
Highrise Heroes Word Challenge
Imprint X
Islanders
Logistical (all of this, I love it)
Lyne
Mini Metro
Quell
Road Not Taken
Solitarica
Wilmot's Warehouse
World of Goo

Some of these are less chill but they're all good/interesting

omgosh *furiously scribbling all these down* TY!

thanks so much cda <3

Prof. Crocodile

Bingo Bango posted:

Does playing Two Dots during a training video about government compliance and ethics count?

going to need a ruling on this asap because i am taking 4 hours of cpe tomorrow and i intend to spend that time playing escape goat.

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
Mario's Super Picross, originally released only in Japan on the snes, is one of this month's free games for Switch Online members.

Picross + true crime podcast The Generation Why is my go to podcast puzzle combo. Highly recommend both

spring sigs by nesamdoom and Ravenous Scoot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa

Jinh posted:

omgosh *furiously scribbling all these down* TY!

You're welcome! :D I love collecting video games and then maybe even playing them!