Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

I watched this movie last night and was somewhat shocked there was no thread for it. Then I realized I had seen no ads except for on itunes. After watching the trailer and reading a few reviews, I gave it a watch. If you have not seen the trailer, I would avoid doing so as it spoils some of my favorite parts of the film. This movie is almost like if Zombieland had monsters instead of zombies and was thrown into a blender with elements of Fallout.

Early in the movie you find out this future starts with an asteroid headed to earth, getting nuked, and the fallout mutates most animals to be extremely dangerous. The movie takes place 7 years later and is one man's quest to be reunited with a girl he loved before everything changed.

I was shocked at how much I loved this movie, I wish we weren't in a pandemic and this could have had a proper theatrical release.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Sounds identical to that atrocious 2010 movie

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations

banned from Starbucks posted:

I've both seen and disliked Monsters (2010). They may sound similar but this is a much better movie.

Spacebump fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Oct 22, 2020

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal

banned from Starbucks posted:

Gareth Edwards "Monsters"? I remember it having some issues but I thought it was a decent first time feature, especially with how it was made.

It also had the cute fact that through a lot of the improvised dialogue, those two actors(one being Scoot McNairy) actually fell in love and are still married!

This looks great though and has some fantastic reviews so definitely going to check it out, thanks OP. I saw the poster around but it didnt grab me so Im glad it might be good!

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Rented this today from Amazon. I recommend it. A bit cheesy at times, but its definitely aiming at the family friendly vibe, so that's to be expected.

Still, I was pretty surprised by the robot scene. I was wondering why they even sort of introduced that plot thread, it seemed kind of nonsequitir to everything else going on, and then when she "did the trick", it caught me off guard with how cool of a moment that was.