Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

deep dish peat moss

(mods please don't sticky this until there's more of it completed)

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Nov 11, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Luvcow

One day nearer spring
this is beautiful :love:

seriously, can't wait to see more op

Macnult

:five: keep it up this is awesome

SIDS Vicious

I am way into this!

SHISHKABOB

lookin good OP

The Voice of Labor

will there be butts in it?

pecan

Macnult posted:

Stoner Sloth

Macnult posted:

sigs by the awesome Manifisto, Vanisher, City of Glompton, Pot Smoke Phoenix, Nut, Heather Papps,Prof Crocodile, knuthgrush, Ohtori Akio, Teapot, Saosyhant, Dumb Sex Parrot, w4ddl3d33, and nesamdoom!! - ty friends!

biosterous

yes yes yes yes yes yes yes yes!!

and lmao at the fireflies, i can just see they observers reading it and just going "welp"

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

Prof. Crocodile

I love your art style, OP. The color palettes and weight of the lines are evocative of psychedelic visuals in a way that most overtly psychedelic art is not. Not sure if you want to take that as a compliment, but I mean it as one.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
very cool

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Khanstant
Trés radical! Loving these illustrations

Manifisto

this is awesome! is it influenced by the night land? I'm getting a strong vibe of that.

ty nesamdoom!

deep dish peat moss

Thanks everyone :3:

This is going to be kind of slow to develop for a couple reasons

First of all because I'm using pre-drawn backgrounds instead of drawing each frame individually, which will speed things up in the long run but I have a lot of background drawing to go. Here's a big city skyline I'm working on to repurpose parts of for whatever, I'm drawing it in 4k so it should make a cool wallpaper for big monitors when it's done

https://i.imgur.com/6uTzcfR.mp4

I bought an iPad to draw on because Procreate is the perfect toolset for me so the creation process is easier than it has ever been, I have motivation from that plus just nothing else going on in my life until this whole pandemic is over so why not pour myself into this :kiddo: So the effort per drawing is probably about to drop (to pump them out faster), but the quality per effort spent should be greater.

And second of all because I still have no idea how to draw people or characters so I need to figure out figure drawing

Manifisto posted:

this is awesome! is it influenced by the night land? I'm getting a strong vibe of that.

I've never heard of this but I'm going to check it out! I am a big fan of Dying Earth as a genre (Caves of Qud made me fall in love with it) so it's coming from the same root genre sort of influence. If I had to summarize my vision it would be a bleak space fantasy dying earth universe with visuals inspired by the radical neon 90s, saturday morning cartoons, and Nickelodeon - and I plan to tell a sort of pseudo-Xianxia story with it.

So think Dragon Ball Z but set in a post-post-post-post apocalyptic Lisa Frank hellscape. And I want it to be utopian but still terrifying.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 04:19 on Nov 11, 2020

SIDS Vicious

if you need any guest art of snails or crabs I'm you're guy

Manifisto

deep dish peat moss posted:

I've never heard of this but I'm going to check it out!

like lovecraft, people have sort of turned it into a mythos and made stories set in the world

I first learned about it by reading the story "Awake in the Night" by John C. Wright

https://www.fantasticfiction.com/w/john-c-wright/awake-in-the-night-land.htm

I have not read the other stories collected in this book

but it really struck me how cool and weird and creepy this mythos is

ty nesamdoom!

deep dish peat moss

I finished the art on the 4th page and updated the image in the op

This cityscape is still a super long way from finished but I think it's cool :3:

https://i.imgur.com/pYizsz5.mp4

Manifisto

the cityscape is real cool and I love the time lapse!

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Manifisto posted:

the cityscape is real cool and I love the time lapse!

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC
all of the scenery is sick. i just made an instagram account again today so youre one of two people im following

Dead Hippie Ghost

tears for queers
afk -> you know me
sponsored by Healer LLC
cutee cats also

owlhawk911

come chill with me, in byob

deep dish peat moss posted:

I finished the art on the 4th page and updated the image in the op

This cityscape is still a super long way from finished but I think it's cool :3:

https://i.imgur.com/pYizsz5.mp4

nice

https://giant.gfycat.com/PlasticAngryHousefly.webm
this sig a mf'n vanisher joint. gobbos by khanstant

deep dish peat moss

I work in customer support which during a pandemic makes it hard to balance mental health so I feel bad about working so slowly on this but anyway the cityscape is still progressing:

click here for 4k wow! https://i.imgur.com/QVFdZqw.png

Most of the story is going to take place in one planet spanning city which I sort of picture like one of those swamp cities in Samurai Jack where it's a wild grungy wasteland that just happens to exist in a fairly utopian city. My twist on the Xianxia genre is that while the genre is usually about rival monk schools or temples racing to immortality and omnipotence this is going to have a far-future flavor where instead of monks "gathering energy" or whatever it is going to be cyberpunk hacker street punks "downloading data" to ascend their avatars... or whatever. I don't really know yet. But anyway the whole city is supposed to be utopian and shiny on the surface while also harboring a sense of fantastical mystery and darkness as we readers eventually learn that the 'hoods are owned by rogue demons (or daemons??) and spirits and viruses and the protagonist will need to adventure into various dilapidated slumlands and other city-type biomes. This is the peaceful verdant hills biome, think something akin to Goku's house in DBZ where he lives peacefully with Chi Chi and Gohan.

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Nov 14, 2020

deep dish peat moss

I'm still working on this but I had to completely reinvent my drawing style for digital drawing and that meant reinventing what I'm doing here. Also since I've always wanted to write a cyberpunk novel and now is a topical time for that, the story changed a bit

So it's halfway between a graphic novel and a novel I guess. A hand-written cyberpunk novel full of drawings and little aesthetic touches, still set in the same universe as the above but a different part of the galaxy. Here are some of the early pages and also some like, uhh, enclyopedia/index kind of worldbuilding pages. I plan to mess with the "perspective" of the story a lot and I don't just mean character perspective or whatever but the actual perspective that you, the reader, have of the story. So while it's starting as a sort of found-footage text log on a sci-fi datapad of someone's journal, I plan to shift the scope to news reports, comic book style pages, just plain art, whatever. I don't know I'm just doing things that seem cool to me :shrug:

First 5 pages:

Some world building stuff:

And when there's straight up art, the style I'm leaning towards:

deep dish peat moss

Also here's a bunch of the random art I've drawn in a quest to find the right digital style

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deep dish peat moss

Alright now I'm looping back toward where the OP started

deep dish peat moss fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Dec 29, 2020