Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/aterkel/status/1367992451345088513

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kit Walker
Jul 10, 2010
"The Man Who Cannot Deadlift"

It’s really hosed up that you’re talking about how President LadyHitler started dancing when she was informed her new death squads would be mobilizing tomorrow to purge the ghettos. Wow. So sexist of you

bweep boop!
Dec 31, 2007

Nice shootin', Tex!

https://twitter.com/mcpickuptruck/status/1352473410123620356?s=20

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

How the gently caress has this thread been around since november with no St. Olga of Kiev

She executed three waves of increasingly qualified diplomats and then leveled a city with incendiary drone strikes in the 10th century.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
queens, the ur-girlbosses, were more warlike than kings

https://psmag.com/news/queens-on-attack

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

shame on an IGA posted:

How the gently caress has this thread been around since november with no St. Olga of Kiev

She executed three waves of increasingly qualified diplomats and then leveled a city with incendiary drone strikes in the 10th century.

:stwoon:

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

If you scroll past her knees, this photo looks like a stylized black-and-white illustration. It’s freaking me out.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

shame on an IGA posted:

Shes kind of cute though

Would your girl do this if you got captured, tortured and killed by a neighboring tribe?

wikipedia posted:

After Igor's death at the hands of the Drevlians, Olga assumed the throne because her three-year-old son Sviatoslav was too young to rule. The Drevlians, emboldened by their success in ambushing and killing the king, sent a messenger to Olga proposing that she marry his murderer, Prince Mal. Twenty Drevlian negotiators boated to Kiev to pass along their king's message and to ensure Olga's compliance. They arrived in her court and told the queen why they were in Kiev: "to report that they had slain her husband...and that Olga should come and marry their Prince Mal."[13] Olga responded:

Your proposal is pleasing to me, indeed, my husband cannot rise again from the dead. But I desire to honor you tomorrow in the presence of my people. Return now to your boat, and remain there with an aspect of arrogance. I shall send for you on the morrow, and you shall say, "We will not ride on horses nor go on foot, carry us in our boat." And you shall be carried in your boat.[13]

When the Drevlians returned the next day, they waited outside Olga's court to receive the honor she had promised. When they repeated the words she had told them to say, the people of Kiev rose up, carrying the Drevlians in their boat. The ambassadors believed this was a great honor, as if they were being carried by palanquin. The people brought them into the court where they were dropped into a trench that had been dug the day before under Olga's orders where the ambassadors were buried alive. It is written that Olga bent down to watch them as they were buried and "inquired whether they found the honor to their taste."[13]

Olga then sent a message to the Drevlians that they should send "their distinguished men to her in Kiev, so that she might go to their Prince with due honor."[13] The Drevlians, unaware of the fate of the first diplomatic party, gathered another party of men to send "the best men who governed the land of Dereva."[13] When they arrived, Olga commanded her people to draw them a bath and invited the men to appear before her after they had bathed. When the Drevlians entered the bathhouse, Olga had it set on fire from the doors, so that all the Drevlians within burned to death.[13]

Olga sent another message to the Drevlians, this time ordering them to "prepare great quantities of mead in the city where you killed my husband, that I may weep over his grave and hold a funeral feast for him."[13] When Olga and a small group of attendants arrived at Igor's tomb, she did indeed weep and hold a funeral feast. The Drevlians sat down to join them and began to drink heavily. When the Drevlians were drunk, she ordered her followers to kill them, "and went about herself egging on her retinue to the massacre of the Drevlians."[13] According to the Primary Chronicle, five thousand Drevlians were killed on this night, but Olga returned to Kiev to prepare an army to finish off the survivors.

The initial conflict between the armies of the two nations went very well for the forces of Kievan Rus', who won the battle handily and drove the survivors back into their cities. Olga then led her army to Iskorosten (what is today Korosten), the city where her husband had been slain, and laid siege to the city. The siege lasted for a year without success, when Olga thought of a plan to trick the Drevlians. She sent them a message: "Why do you persist in holding out? All your cities have surrendered to me and submitted to tribute, so that the inhabitants now cultivate their fields and their lands in peace. But you had rather tide of hunger, without submitting to tribute."[14] The Drevlians responded that they would submit to tribute, but that they were afraid she was still intent on avenging her husband. Olga answered that the murder of the messengers sent to Kiev, as well as the events of the feast night, had been enough for her. She then asked them for a small request: "Give me three pigeons...and three sparrows from each house."[14] The Drevlians rejoiced at the prospect of the siege ending for so small a price, and did as she asked.

Olga then instructed her army to attach a piece of sulphur bound with small pieces of cloth to each bird. At nightfall, Olga told her soldiers to set the pieces aflame and release the birds. They returned to their nests within the city, which subsequently set the city ablaze. As the Primary Chronicle tells it: "There was not a house that was not consumed, and it was impossible to extinguish the flames, because all the houses caught fire at once."[14] As the people fled the burning city, Olga ordered her soldiers to catch them, killing some of them and giving the others as slaves to her followers. She left the remnant to pay tribute.

I think NOT

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

she wasn't such a girlboss when her congressman husband compelled her to go to sex clubs with him and get screwed by randos

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Filthy Hans posted:

she wasn't such a girlboss when her congressman husband compelled her to go to sex clubs with him and get screwed by randos
I always enjoy seeing the domino effect meme with "Jeri Ryan's husband taking her to a sex club" at the start of whatever current catastrophe it is about.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

7 of 9 is why covid has killed over a half million people in the US

Its a fact

commielingus
Jan 23, 2021

by Athanatos

Feldegast42 posted:

7 of 9 is why covid has killed over a half million people in the US

Its a fact

She can still assimilate me any time.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://twitter.com/AnarchoBreadism/status/1368061884042215424

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.

Dr Pepper posted:

I can't believe I voted for her. :mad:

lol

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid
https://twitter.com/AyoCaesar/status/1369256910294224901?s=19

Charles Ingalls
Jan 31, 2021
to honor international women’s day a biden administration spokesperson announced all drone murders of civilians on march 8 to be preformed by people who menstruate

Jon Pod Van Damm
Apr 6, 2009

THE POSSESSION OF WEALTH IS IN AND OF ITSELF A SIGN OF POOR VIRTUE. AS SUCH:
1 NEVER TRUST ANY RICH PERSON.
2 NEVER HIRE ANY RICH PERSON.
BY RULE 1, IT IS APPROPRIATE TO PRESUME THAT ALL DEGREES AND CREDENTIALS HELD BY A WEALTHY PERSON ARE FRAUDULENT. THIS JUSTIFIES RULE 2--RULE 1 NEEDS NO JUSTIFIC

Greg12
Apr 22, 2020
Suffragette Lucy Stone, on whether railroad workers should be forced at bayonet-point to go back to work for pay that wasn't enough to keep their wives and children from starving to death:

"The insurrection must be suppressed, if it cost a hundred thousand lives and the destruction of every railroad in the country."

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
g*rlb*ss

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

I hate all bosses equally.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

you hate all women equally and it makes me sick. Pig.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

[Drake looking away]: girl bosses

[Drake looking pleased]: girl organizers

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Do you think love can bloom, even on the battlefield?

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Seems like the driving force for a good deal of feminist action had little to do with the betterment of women in general, and entirely too much to do with rich white women jealous they couldn't play the same sociopolitical (or sociopathic) games as their male counterparts.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
if you’re really myopic about what constitutes “feminist action” yeah

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

There have always been bad actors subverting good movements. I’d say the girl boss is not an indictment of feminism but of capitalism.

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
https://twitter.com/JasonOverstreet/status/1411382405173182466

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Man had its chance. Now is the time of the birds.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

the time of the birds was the cretaceous period :smugdon:

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Man had its chance. Now is the time of the birds.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Unironic girlboss: Jessica Reznicek

https://twitter.com/ResistLine3/status/1411402594442952708

Ironic girlboss: Rebecca Goodgame Ebinger, who gave her the sentence

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
“Women who conduct themselves as ruthlessly and thoughtlessly as their male peers are not heroes, they are not role models. And they may call themselves feminists, getting themselves a free pass by many, but that does not mean they should be celebrated.”

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

Platystemon posted:

Unironic girlboss: Jessica Reznicek

https://twitter.com/ResistLine3/status/1411402594442952708

Ironic girlboss: Rebecca Goodgame Ebinger, who gave her the sentence

They're also ordering her to pay like $3 million dollars so her life is over in every way now

AxGrap
Jan 11, 2005

☝☯ Ŧ𝓤𝒸Ҝ 𝓨𝕠𝔲! 🐼👽

Centrist Dad
Nov 13, 2007

When I see your posting
College Slice

god i wish that were me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Turgidson
Feb 6, 2011