Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

redsniper
Feb 15, 2012
Wtf I love Trump now

:hellyeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

veto it u pussy

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
Trump wants $2k stimulus checks and no bullshit like felony charges for illegally streaming video. Those are legitimately good things.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

Trump destroying twitch isn’t what I had on my bingo card, but I’d take it.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

No no this would be trump saving twitch

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

Dr Pepper posted:

No no this would be trump saving twitch
Trump, #1 Twitch streamer?

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

trump go on codemiko

platzapS
Aug 4, 2007

he skipped the white house correspondents dinner

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1344272069727555586

Loveshaft
Nov 3, 2020

platzapS posted:

he skipped the white house correspondents dinner

It’s quite sad how liberals still believe the White House correspondents dinner is anything other than a corporate media job fair.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Ignoring just the poo poo he said that is 100% true that no one wanted to hear (stuff like republicans couldn't win if we let everyone vote or that soldiers are suckers), and ignoring stuff he wanted to do but congress wouldn't let him like ending wars, we're left with:

Actual good things he actually did:
  • Beat Hillary
  • Stopped TPP
  • Gave everyone $1200
  • Removed the mandate penalty in the ACA
I'll concede that probably anyone could've beaten Hillary but he did it.

Stuff he did by accident:
  • Divorced GOP from neoliberalist market policies, i.e. instituting protectionist policies against China.
  • Emboldened extremists on all sides making it easier to spot the enemy and causing even casuals to "pick a side". The left would not be where it is without this.
  • Showed the world that the US is actually quite fragile and that it doesn't take much to render it ineffective.
  • Completely destroyed the notion of an impartial media and greatly accelerated backlash against Big Tech monopolization of public discourse.
There's more here, and it's always good stuff for the wrong reasons. Still, I'll take most of it over the alternative of Obama-style neoliberalism making everything worse and no one giving a poo poo.

Lastly there's all the bad he didn't do, through either incompetence or apathy:
  • No new land wars
  • Mostly failed or aborted State Department/CIA adventures/coups
  • Contributed heavily to institutional rot of western imperialist multinational structures
  • Laid bare the fact that the democratic and republican parties are the same and allied against the public

All in all he did a lot of bad but less than you'd expect from a competent republican administration and probably less than you'd expect from a democratic one while at the same time doing things no one would have expected, good or bad, like endorsing conspiracy theories and amplifying white nationalism that will have unpredictable long tail effects but I'd probably concede that it's better to have that poo poo in the open than festering under the surface as things gradually get worse and worse like we were doomed to have happen before Trump. On balance, I'd honestly say he was one of the better presidents but then I also hope to live to see the collapse of the country as a whole so what I'm calling good might not be everyone else's definition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

Trump