Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.
35 - Untended Graves (feat. Leave)

Leave returns once more for the first of two optional areas in this session. Untended Graves has a lot of cool poo poo, not the least of which is a ring I've been hyping up for most of the LP. Deservedly so.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

You're conflating The End of Fire (firekeeper eyes) with The Usurpation of Fire (get fully hollowed and "marry" Anri). The latter has your character taking control of the Age of Dark, the former just lets the First Flame go out on its own to produce an Age of Dark.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

:negative: I seem to do that a lot with lore stuff.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

36 - Archdragon Peak Part 1 (feat. Leave)

NGDBSS
Dec 30, 2009

Nah, that ladder/platform setup near the end just lets you get better potshots on the nearby Serpent-men. The geometry is unchanged from the original game.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

37 - Archdragon Peak Part 2 (feat. Leave)

The theory I discuss in the video is one that I personally believe, but it is one of the fringe theories. Onstein's armor can indeed be found in vanilla Archdragon Peak. It's implied that instead of becoming the Storm King, he served at The Nameless King's side faithfully and eventually became one of the nameless, faceless Path of the Dragon "corpses" littered around the area.

I'd link to the video explaining the theory of Ornstein becoming the Storm King, but the guy presenting the theory had the wettest mouth in the world and you could hear his spit swishing as he was talking. It was really gross. Unfortunately, it's the only video on the subject because it is on the fringe.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Of the theories I've heard, that's the one I believe myself; I think it provides a nice connection to the rest of the world, and Dark Souls seems to have the world connecting in various ways, whether it's through lore or location.

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
That Ornstein theory is fascinating, I hadn't heard that yet. That would make it even more notable that the Nameless King performs the same power-absorption ceremony on him as Ornstein does on Smough DS1 (while Smough just unceremoniously squishes Ornstein).

Something interesting about the Archdragon Peak area is that it seems to have been intended for a very different purpose in early plans for the game: As an in-between area connecting the Road of Sacrifices to an area that would eventually be moved to the second DLC. There's an early model of the whole area in a non-ruinous state, referred to in filenames as 'The Bridge'.

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Jul 24, 2021

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

38 - Upper High Wall Part 1 (feat. Leave)

It's so easy to fall off of updating if you never actually make the first movement to work on it. The rest of the LP has been recorded and commented over, so these should be coming out faster now!

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Ooh, cool that this is back :)

The things in the sky are not dragons, they're Pilgrim Butterflies; as the name implies, they have a relation to the Pilgrims, those hooded people with the chained boulders on their backs who attempted to reach Lothric Castle. Some more details of that relation will become clear in a later area. Here's a close look at one of them:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xt4XdxE2bgU

Carpator Diei fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 23, 2021

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

39 - Upper High Wall Part 2 (feat. Leave)

This area is really short.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

What is the Barbecue Sauce Recipe, DN?

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

Like I said in the video, I don't know the exact amounts because I just kinda eyeball everything and go by taste. But...

Tomato sauce - For the base
A quick dash of mustard
Brown sugar or king syrup - To make the sauce actually edible instead of tasting like rear end. Also it cuts the bitterness of the mustard.
Seasoned salt - To taste
White vinegar - It's a tangy sauce!
Black pepper - Again, to taste
A little cayenne - A good sauce needs some heat
A squirt of sweet baby ray's - Optional, but I like the flavor it adds to the sauce

I usually add this to baked beans and they turn out absolutely delicious.

EDIT: Clarification

DoubleNegative fucked around with this message at 23:56 on Nov 26, 2021

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

40 - Grand Archives Part 1 (feat. Leave)

Update schedule? What's that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

DoubleNegative posted:

Update schedule? What's that?
:iiam: