Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

unfortunately hideous and irreverislbe

it may depend on the time of day you check and stuff, I'm not in the team but I grabbed a kid who wanted wrestling figurines and some other specific and doable stuff. It is pretty heartwarming that all the letters seem to be gettnig claimed every day though, even the illegible ones and the ones asking for xboxes and vr headsets :kimchi:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

They don't do any means testing screening but the program is a century old

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

brugroffil posted:

They don't do any means testing screening but the program is a century old

Yeah, I guess you just have to sift through them. It usually seems pretty clear if someone is needy or not.

My wife and I got this one yesterday...we have no idea what to get for Brother Carter though

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

If you still need a kid they just dropped a ton of letters and a lot of them look very doable. I'm tempted to grab another but shipping times are getting kind of tight.

spooky ghost
Feb 11, 2020

Lipstick Apathy
Ambitious wishes, but he's no liar:

:abrathink:

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

tried to do this this weekend but all letters were already adopted which seems like a good problem to have tbf

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

Today is the last day to bring drop off your goodies and have then deliver by Christmas (though they will still continue to accept packages after today for delivery after Christmas)

I took mine in this morning and the postal workers seemed totally confused, asking me for the delivery address/recipient’s full name, etc. It was like they had never heard of the program. They also said it was prepaid and didn’t charge me anything for postage. I did get a tracking number, so I guess we’ll just see if it actually gets delivered or not?

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

They definitely should have charged you lol

fuzzy_logic
May 2, 2009

Bouillon Rube posted:

Today is the last day to bring drop off your goodies and have then deliver by Christmas (though they will still continue to accept packages after today for delivery after Christmas)

I took mine in this morning and the postal workers seemed totally confused, asking me for the delivery address/recipient’s full name, etc. It was like they had never heard of the program. They also said it was prepaid and didn’t charge me anything for postage. I did get a tracking number, so I guess we’ll just see if it actually gets delivered or not?

That's a relief, I have one item still in transit I just left out of my kid's first box, I felt bad.

They've also never charged me and I've sent two boxes now, the post office people I dealt with seemed to really light up when they realized what the boxes were, I think they zeroed out the charges on the sly to be nice, I don't think that's like the official policy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

If anyone missed the opportunity, you could always find a local toys for tots or similar toy drive!

Thanks to everyone who participated in either operation Santa or some other way to make a kid's Christmas a little better this year