Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Hi all,

This is my second post (was probated for 12 hours for my first post, no explanation given but I can only assume the post wasn't funny enough and the mods here (15+) are good arbiters of humor)

You can find my first post here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3949907&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post510466973

I was linked to this forum from twitter and have been reading for the last few months, and one thing I noticed is you lack a a bit of fun and games, it tends to be pretty stuffy in here overall, which is okay. Most of the same threads populate the forum with thousands of posts in each and can be hard to jump into and catch up, ect.

My idea: a create your own adventure, based on politics, some current events, and more!

How it will work: I will take input from posts on how to create our character based on many choices, I will hire some voice actors to read the plot, and I will use MS-Paint to create some scenes and dialogue ect.

Of course this is probably going to be a long term project but I want an interest check before I go ahead with this undertaking rather than ending up probated or perhaps, banned, before I get into it. So I'll use this thread as a gauge of interest before I go ahead and do this, which will probably start next week if feedback is good.

Thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 232 days!
cyoa threads are fun, although having a strong concept from the start helps. but a brainstorm thread us a great way to create a concept.

post apocalypse is a great theme maybe. overdone?

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Hodgepodge posted:

cyoa threads are fun, although having a strong concept from the start helps. but a brainstorm thread us a great way to create a concept.

post apocalypse is a great theme maybe. overdone?

was thinking a futuristic setting not too far in the future, maybe not post apocalypse (could lead to that depending on choices)

slam flanders
Jan 13, 2015

That Little Demon posted:

Hi all,

This is my second post (was probated for 12 hours for my first post, no explanation given but I can only assume the post wasn't funny enough and the mods here (15+) are good arbiters of humor)

You can find my first post here - https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3949907&pagenumber=7&perpage=40#post510466973

I was linked to this forum from twitter and have been reading for the last few months, and one thing I noticed is you lack a a bit of fun and games, it tends to be pretty stuffy in here overall, which is okay. Most of the same threads populate the forum with thousands of posts in each and can be hard to jump into and catch up, ect.

My idea: a create your own adventure, based on politics, some current events, and more!

How it will work: I will take input from posts on how to create our character based on many choices, I will hire some voice actors to read the plot, and I will use MS-Paint to create some scenes and dialogue ect.

Of course this is probably going to be a long term project but I want an interest check before I go ahead with this undertaking rather than ending up probated or perhaps, banned, before I get into it. So I'll use this thread as a gauge of interest before I go ahead and do this, which will probably start next week if feedback is good.

Thanks in advance!

I'm interested if you involve Drumpft somehow.If so, you have my sword (hopfeully used to behead you know who!)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

slam flanders posted:

I'm interested if you involve Drumpft somehow.If so, you have my sword (hopfeully used to behead you know who!)

thanks, I have a general idea of the way it will go, but who knows what will happen, many paths to take

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

is this the c-spam approved political figure assassination thread

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

i say swears online posted:

um, no, this is a fun and light hearted create your own adventure interest check thread - could be fun?

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

sounds cool op

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

hello i liked this one

https://twitter.com/thatlittledemon/status/1298813936356036609?s=21

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

thanks, thats sort of what this game will be like... but maybe more in depth? and long? so you will have to be invested... but I promise to put effort worthy of an 18/month patreon

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

thanks, thats sort of what this game will be like... but maybe more in depth? and long? so you will have to be invested...

sure i'm in

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Sorry op I'm not interested, I'm too busy organizing my workplace

commie kong
Mar 7, 2019

thanks, thats sort of what this game will be like... but maybe more in depth? and long? so you will have to be invested... but I promise to put effort worthy of an 18/month patreon

i think you might get ignored or trolled since your op proposes a project with not much to get the ball rolling. failed projects are a meme here

but i do think a cspam cyoa thread could be fun. i'd suggest looking at a past cyoa thread for an idea on how to run it and then just go ahead and create a starting image.
start with one short game and, if we engage, maybe do more and it could perhaps become a bigger project later?

some ideas for an initial scene:
- biden's inauguration (we control a crowd member?)
- trump's last day in office (we control trump)
- the next phase of rudy's masterplan kicks in (we control rudy)
- save epstein from being murdered so he can face trial (we control a ghost that can interact with objects in the environment in order to defeat approaching assassin(s) ?)
- something better

i dunno tho, i mostly lurk :)

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Yeah that sucks that stuff has failed in the past, but I've been imagining doing this (through twitter, which... seems impossible?) but I think a forum would be the perfect vehicle for this project.

I'm hesitant to share too many details, but here is how I see it going:

1) The thread creates a character
a) lots of options to choose from so that will determine how the story develops
b) RPG like stats

2) The story

a) I have a basic premise for the story, and certain plot beats.
b) there can be a game over if things get too out of control / off the rails and the story can be reset

3) the world

a) modern or near future
b) parallel universes?

I will do my best to make it funny and put a lot of effort into it including voice overs, sound effects, and dice rolls to determine certain outcomes

This will all be written by me and the forum will live as the main character

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

b) RPG like stats

Don't do this.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Hi all,

Thanks in advance!

you have good stuff on your twitter account

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

oh, I think the OP is a Black Baby Goku rereg

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah that sucks that stuff has failed in the past, but I've been imagining doing this (through twitter, which... seems impossible?) but I think a forum would be the perfect vehicle for this project.

I'm hesitant to share too many details, but here is how I see it going:

b) RPG like stats

2) The story

a) I have a basic premise for the story, and certain plot beats.
b) there can be a game over if things get too out of control / off the rails and the story can be reset

3) the world

a) modern or near future
b) parallel universes?

I will do my best to make it funny and put a lot of effort into it including voice overs, sound effects, and dice rolls to determine certain outcomes

This will all be written by me and the forum will live as the main character

heck yeah op go for it

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

slam flanders posted:

um, no, this is a fun and light hearted create your own adventure interest check thread - could be fun?

posting in the latest QCS honeypot thread

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

make sure you add dairy queen as a location in the game because it's a good plae for u kno what

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Sorry, but I think I won't take this advice. It's going to be somewhat of a game, think a D&D session where everyone controls the same character or something close to that.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

more like ouija bored

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
mentally ill re-reg, SIR! SOunds epic, and for the win, SIR!

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012

Sorry, but I think I won't take this advice. It's going to be somewhat of a game, think a D&D session where everyone controls the same character or something close to that.

Yeah I know what it's going to be, there are multiple big communities where this sort of thing is WAY bigger than it is on SA and here is the lesson learned from all of those communities: chargen is terrible and you should never do it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

i love your twitter posts, op

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Stairmaster posted:

i love your twitter posts, op

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020
Thank you, hopefully this will be just as good. Seems like a fair amount of interest, I will begin planning something to start for next week.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Also, we require proof that you are the holder of the same twitter account. Please include "butt sauce" in your next tweet.

That Little Demon
Dec 3, 2020

Cpt_Obvious posted:

Also, we require proof that you are the holder of the same twitter account. Please include "butt sauce" in your next tweet.

I won't be doing that.

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Your loss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

Regardless, I am here for this.