Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Problem description: Installing a volume license of Office standard 2019 on laptop and keep getting this error message:

'We cant install
The following products cannot be installed at the same time:
o365proplusretail
Standard2019Volume'.

But I've uninstalled all versions of office I can find.

I had the same program installed in this laptop previously, but it had to be wiped for repairs and had a factory reset. I'm desperately trying to get functionality back so I can complete end of year reporting so we don't lose our funding. To finish the install previous versions of office need to be removed. I've uninstalled 'Microsoft Office Desktop Apps' and 'Office' but keep getting the error message above.

I purchased the product key from 'Techsoup', a group that supplies cheap technology to charities, nonprofits and libraries (I work for a charity). The version has to be installed through volume licencing. I don't understand how it all works but they have a walk through here.

Attempted fixes: I've done several factory resets to try different ways of uninstalling Office. This includes using the SetupProd_OffScrub.exe found here. I also ended up letting a microsoft tech remote pilot my computer and she basically just shrugged and said 'Office isn't installed on your computer', you're on your own.

I've spent well over 8 hours trying to find a fix, it seems people have similar issues but I must be missing something.

My guess is there was some sort of update to Windows in the last year that's leaving some sort of legacy in the system? I really, really, really need word and excel for work and I'm completely hosed without it. Forums upgrade or whatever payment is fair if anyone can fix this.

I did another factory reset last night and currently have 'Microsoft Office Desktop Apps' and 'Office' installed, on the hope someone knows a magical uninstall method that will wipe all trace of it from my system.

Recent changes: See above. The laptop had a sound issue and was sent in for maintenance under warranty. I did a full factory reset myself so there shouldn't be anything additional files floating around?

--

Operating system: e.g. Windows 10 Home, version 1909. OS build 18363.1256. 64-bit.

System specs: Thinkpad T495, AMD Ryzen 7 PRO 3700U w/ Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.30 GHz. 8gb RAM.

I have Googled and read the FAQ: Yes

Outrail fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Dec 10, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Outrail posted:

My guess is there was some sort of update to Windows in the last year that's leaving some sort of legacy in the system?

Sometimes remnants of office remain in the registry and prevent other installations. I haven't had to do it recently so IDK if it will work on W10 and the latest office but you could try modifying the registry (make a backup registry file to be safe).

e.g.
https://www.techwalla.com/articles/how-to-remove-microsoft-office-from-the-registry

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Thankyou for the reply, but I think that is a few levels beyond what I'm comfortable with and I'm almost certain I'd dick that up.

It turns out I can get 365 for about $50 a year, which is way less than what it'd be worth me fixing this if I billed the time. I'm going to be smart/lazy and just get a 365 subscription and give the key to our next hire who needs it.

I appreciate the help though, I just can't justify spending another workday on something that might end up needing another system reset and setup.

I'll probably post another thread in a day or two titled '365 ate my files help help'.