Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ho fan
Oct 6, 2014

In Training posted:

whole new generation of JRPG gamers being born with the DQXI + Switch gift bundle this year

hell yeah

merry impmas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

imagine slaying your very first slime....

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Not sure DQ is a good first JRPG honestly. After seeing a slime enemy design is downhill forever

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

now have Three Houses and Pikmin 3 courtesy of my gf and my sister, so i'm set for gaming into the new year. merry christmas, imps.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

the slimes have patiently smiled as generations of erdricjs and zenithians slaughtered them by the hundreds, toppling their kings and their red cousins, smashing their metal brethren, all for a few experience points and enough coin for a chain sickle. they deserve our respect and admiration

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Look8ng at the slimes like Bateman reviewing bus8ness. Cards

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I try not to slay slimes because they're too cute

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Nostradingus posted:

I try not to slay slimes because they're too cute

what are you going to do, walk all the way to cantlin and kill a ghost with your bare hands?

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003
Slimes are like real animals where yeah some of them are cute but they also must die to slate our desire for meat or in the case of slimes exp

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i only get ethically sourced exp from quests and plant based encounters

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
among other things my parents got me a very obviously bootlegged mario wall calendar with badly resized images ftw

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

imagine slaying your very first slime....
My first JRPG was Dragon Warrior, and I remember this.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

mycophobia posted:

among other things my parents got me a very obviously bootlegged mario wall calendar with badly resized images ftw

one year a friend of mine got some "rare captain N dvds" from eBay and it was just all the episodes recorded in a quality so bad, the sibilants made the speakers hum, and put on a DVD-RW. I felt bad because he paid over $100 for it.

Brasseye
Feb 13, 2009

MeatwadIsGod posted:

Growing up my parents would let us open one gift on Christmas Eve. When I was ten I picked a gift at random and had to try and act excited when it was just a few pairs of dress socks. But then under the dress socks was a copy of WCW vs. NWO Revenge for N64, the best wrestling game ever. Merry Impsmas to you and yours.

that game was so sick

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

trying to jack off posted:

i only get ethically sourced exp from quests and plant based encounters

lol

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

mycophobia posted:

Those were actually official

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I might play DQ 11 since I never have before. I hope it runs okay on swinch.

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

They killed the first slimes then ran back and forth killing more so they could level up before leaving the intro area

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Sounds like you’re raising a couple of tryhards.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Lmao

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Wormskull posted:

Sounds like you’re raising a couple of tryhards.

Theyr'e playing co-op. One on the controller, one on the gamefaqs 100% completion guide. Pathetic.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull is going to sell an Orihalcum for 20g and it will finally send me over the edge -- activating my terminator mode. Unleashing hellfire into his dad's greyhound bus with ease. I can see him running from the house, trying to hold up his shorts like a big boy always does w/o a belt.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I got Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Age of Calamity, a storage card for the Series X, and the illustrated biography of Yoshitaka Amano. Merry Gamesmas everyone.

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Chuck Buried Treasure posted:

I got Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive Edition, Age of Calamity, a storage card for the Series X, and the illustrated biography of Yoshitaka Amano. Merry Gamesmas everyone.

Very strong impmas haul

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

the illustrated biography of Yoshitaka Amano.

is there a big section on FF6, if so I must go shopping

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

is there a big section on FF6, if so I must go shopping

It’s about his whole life and career, not just the FF stuff, so there’s one big chapter for his whole Final Fantasy career, including a few pages on VI specifically. You might be interested in “The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy,” which is a multi-volume set that’s just all of his FF work, VI is in volume 2

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

It’s about his whole life and career, not just the FF stuff, so there’s one big chapter for his whole Final Fantasy career, including a few pages on VI specifically. You might be interested in “The Sky: The Art of Final Fantasy,” which is a multi-volume set that’s just all of his FF work, VI is in volume 2

Thank you! Gonna buy volume 2 and his book as well.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
used $70 of visa gift cards to buy Hyrule Warriors Defininitive Edition and Final Fantasy VII. Still have $200 cash, not sure what I'm gonna do with it

right arm
Oct 30, 2011

I Slaughter Thousands Of Slimes With Two Handed Claymores and Boomerangs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mycophobia posted:

used $70 of visa gift cards to buy Hyrule Warriors Defininitive Edition and Final Fantasy VII. Still have $200 cash, not sure what I'm gonna do with it

noice i got some eshop credit and used it to get dmc3, kentucky route zero and SaGa Scarlet Grace: AMBITIONS. no idea when ill play any of these but you cant beat a good deal .

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

I got $50 in Nintendo credit and I've just been staring at the eshop in decision paralysis

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i got a 400 gb sd card for the switch. nothing can stop me now.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

gave a bunch of my old switch games to my nieces and nephews physical games forever

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

this is me:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=298fmF5Skn0

mycophobia
May 7, 2008

mycophobia posted:

used most of the rest of my Christmas Cash to buy Octopath Traveler, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 Deluxe.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

mycophobia posted:

used most of the rest of my Christmas Cash to buy Octopath Traveler, Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze and Pikmin 3 Deluxe.

drat, good haul

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
*tom petty voice* its impmas, all over, again