Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
OCC: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3949446

SLAMS DESK

"Alright, I'm going to make this quick," the imposing figure begins, "because I ain't gonna be late for my smoke break." The tall figure is wearing a dirty, purple suit and heavy sunglasses. "I am Ringleader. My quirk is Fright. If you look in my eyes, you want to poo poo your pants. Keep that in mind. I run my own hero company in Kabukicho, don't cha know? We work closely with what's left of the Yakuza, keeping them in line. So, don't think I'm here for any of the tough guy acts, you hear."

The man takes a moment to shuffle his papers. He seems intent on something written on them. "We got less people than usual this year. I guess the better schools lowered their standards. What's that say about you, eh?" The man laughs. "Relax, punks. I'm kidding."

The man writes the schools name on the blackboard: "Hero Essentials."

"We both know the score, man. This school, it ain't U-A. We ain't Shiketsu. Man, we don't even got a proper name. We're Hero Essentials, the last place for would-be heroes that no one else will give a chance." The man turns to the class. "I'm your homeroom teacher and, for the next four years, we will prepare you for your hero license exam." The man looks to the window. "I ain't going to lie that we got a good percentage of passing students, but I ain't like some of the other teachers here." The man points at the class. "Y'all want to be heroes, right? Well, sometimes this is what it means. You got to deal with poo poo. We ain't All-Might. All-Might runs the talk show circuit, good for him. Some of us deal with the poo poo jobs. Organized crime, human trafficking, drug runners, you name it." The man slams the table. "You can't trust to police to handle that poo poo. I ain't got any trust in them. Not one of those clean heroes who plays by their rules."

The man breathes.

"The point is that society gave up on you kids. It sucks. It ain't right. But, I ain't giving up on you, you hear. All of you are going to pass, that's a promise I make every year and I drat well plan to make good on it, don't cha know?"

--

After a few moments pass, the man realizes the kids were probably just half paying attention, at best. The teacher rolls a tooth pick in his lips. He sighs.

"Alright, all of you to the gym. We are going to do some Quirk Practice today. Wake you kids up!" The man points to the hall. "Go to the locker. Put on your gym shorts and meet me outside in ten minutes. Anyone who is late is holding buckets of water outside the gym, don'tchaknow!?"

[Take some time to introduce yourself and get to know each other before a bit of power demonstration]

ARC START: THE FIRST DAYS OF SCHOOL

Arc Milestones:

You may swap any of your milestones with the following until the end of the arc.

New Kid On The Block
1 XP...when you talk about how things are new and different
3 XP...when you get in trouble due to your naivety
10 XP...when you either make a strong bond with another student through a shared experience or make a powerful enemy

This Is A School?
1 XP...when you complain about Hero Essentials
3 XP...when you first take social stress or complications related to the school's numerous problems
10 XP...when you either learn to accept this school is your best chance or risk it all to get somewhere better

Class Clown
1 XP...when you make a joke, even if it isn't funny
3 XP...when you first inflict a social stress or complication in a scene due to your pranks.
10 XP...when you either learn there is a time and a place for jokes or you make a prank so big and amazing you don't feel you can ever top it

Bad Kid
1 XP...when you reference your status as a "bad kid."
3 XP...when you first get in trouble in a scene due to your history
10 XP...when you either prove yourself to an authority figure or do something so bad that everyone knows your reputation was earned.

Teacher's Pet
1 XP...when you suck up to the teachers.
3 XP...when you are inconvenienced by your endless desire to please authority figures.
10 XP...when you either learn that flattery and toadyism isn't the way to advance in this school or make a powerful network you can rely on for your school years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainCarrot
Jun 9, 2010
Sadie Williams / Rebound

There were good reasons she didn't apply to UA, Sadie reminds herself. Her quirk is so versatile that it sacrifices a lot of base utility, which doesn't work so well for a traditional school, and frankly neither does she. Hero Essentials will give her the room she needs to experiment and be unusual. It's a pity that its reputation for mediocrity, at best, seems to be well-earned.

"Hi, everyone!" she greets her classmates cheerfully (despite her rather morose thoughts). "I'm Sadie. I hope we'll get along well this year."

Sathzur
Nov 19, 2009
Kiyoshi Takahashi / Bulletlance

Kiyoshi jumps slightly at the sudden desk slam, as he had been zoning out waiting for the teacher to begin the school day. He had been daydreaming about what might have been if he had been able to get into UA instead of failing out and coming to Hero Essentials.

"Name's Kiyoshi, " Kiyoshi says as he stands up from his seat and stretches his arms over his head.