Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CarForumPoster
Jun 26, 2013

⚡POWER⚡
I propose a rule: Every post must contain a tip that is known to work or a sales experiment that did not work. If you've never tried anything that failed or succeeded, don't post.

Here's mine that worked:
An investor in our company mentioned off hand in a discussion about company stuff "Oh by the way, you know [very successful company] that I invested in? Their early sales are mostly credited to sending people food in the mail. Do you guys do that already?"

Well I A|B tested (sorta, small numbers) sending SMB clients 6oz of locally roasted coffee in the mail with a personalized message on the label and my response rate to cold outbound marketing jumped 30% overnight. Bonus that I get to help a small, local family-owned coffee roaster pay their bills. In 3 months we've spent ~$5K on coffee.

There you go goons, send people food/treats is a good tip.

What tricks have you found?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU