Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
I had a wild stutter as a kid. For whatever reason, conjunctions were my hang ups and i'd be stuck on that word like an encrusted anime figurine on a desk. I grew out of that by like, 4th grade, and I lived stutter free until the beginning of 2019 when I became unemployed. The stress of barely getting by for almost 2 years now has created a level of background stress that has brought this terrible problem back to life. Back in Feb I got a job long enough to lose my stutter, and then I got laid off due to covid and the stutter came back. tell us about your stutters or things that start to fall apart when you get stressed!

the OP feels kind of bare so I want to spice it up with a cool pic which ive graciously provided below.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

I also used to stutter real bad and had major issues communicating properly due to it as a child. After a bunch of ineffectual speech therapy I stopped stuttering at like 12 and never really did ever again. So that's cool.

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZzWBnV1dDg

Octy
Apr 1, 2010

I stuttered pretty badly as a kid which speech therapy cleared up. It emerged again in my final year of school during exams due, I think, to stress and crops up every now and again for the same reason. I have a lot of trouble with words that start with P so I do my best to avoid them...

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
used to think stutterers could never amount to anything and should just shut up but then I saw that movie about how the one was king of england and now I got a new respect

teardrop
Dec 20, 2004

by Pragmatica
one just got elected president

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

teardrop posted:

one just got elected president

And if you think about it the stutter probably was crucial to his election.

Quite a bit of his cognitive let's say changes have been attributed to the stutter

Life is funny

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

People try to p-p-put us d-down.

Seriously though stuttering is pretty good for singing and vice versa.

Flannelette fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Dec 22, 2020

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
suc suc
ucuu
cucu
ssUK

SUCK EM BIVTCH

Lawrence Gilchrist
Mar 31, 2010

BIVTCH sounds like a bespoke watch brand only available on aliexpress when you type in the search term "relogio masculino"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Halloween Liker
Oct 31, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
It makes me sick to think about.