Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Here in ADTRW, we have a bunch of lovely thread tags, but we could always use a few more. So I'm going to post the entire list of currently available thread tags, and all of you will pick your favorite from the lineup to add to our subforum.

Each poster can select up to 10 tags. Voting ends at 5:00 AM January 1, 2021 UTC. The most popular 5-8 tags will be added to the available lineup.

Without further ado, here is the list of tags to choose from:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Too long didn't read, but I vote for the I'm gay tag

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

As well as the 60's, 70's, and 80's tags

And a 90's tag if there is one but I can't search this thing

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.
the RPG tag and Burger tag look neat.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the 2007 tag

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i want off meds, menopause, the nazi flag one and cum

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

sluts, not racist

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The pedo tag and make me am IK so i can add it to the threads I have in mind

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Adventure
Spoilers
ReBoot
gently caress
Sci Fi

Might add more idk. There's a lot already and I think some might need to go.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

As long as we keep baps we dont need any other tags

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

:crossange:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I vote Dos Prompt, Discussion and Fire.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
Netflix, PSX/XBOX/PC (for Nep threads), and Hard-on.

Mentat Radnor
Apr 24, 2008

~Water flowers every day~
Wizards (for anime or manga with wizards)
Snacks (for anime or manga with snacks)
Trains (for anime or manga with trains)

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Japanese Games, Ultra Violence, It's burger time, Reboot, LF-dad

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

We need the Film tag for the anime movie thread and other threads about anime movies

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
that's a lot of tags

my picks

Cute
Wizards or Rogue Magician could be useful for isekai/fantasy threads, i think Wizards is prettier though :3
Hype
Shipping
Vintage because not everything that's old is a classic

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I’m about to look at them all, but if one of them isn’t a new MOE tag that has Moe from the Simpsons on it then Imma be mad

EDIT: Okay so here are my thoughts:
  • Get rid of the “Spergin” tag entirely, as that poo poo is not okay anymore! I have autism myself, and yeah I used to love laughing and posting jokes about it just like everyone else, but now that the R-word has become an offensive slur, we really need to treat stuff related to autism the same way.
  • PLEASE DO bring back the HEH-EH-EH-EH DOOT-DO-DO-DO RACE RELATIONS tag. I love that tag and I was sad when it disappeared; it always brought a smile to my face whenever I saw it next to that one Pokemon megathread in Games.

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Dec 25, 2020

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
as long as we keep Tomboy, Daily Dose, and Waifu Wars I'm good

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009
You will regret this - a good tag for bad shows or ones with a lot of angst, or perhaps even just a mouthy villain
Coffee pals - Good for nice, calm shows
Friends- Shows about groups of friends
Dirigibles - Good for steampunk stuff
Effort - When the studio isn't putting in enough effort like that one anime a while back with the floating mouths

The rest are self explanatory:

Sci Fi
Fantasy
Cars
Sports
School

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant
...man, we have a lot of tags, huh.

-LF-dad.gif OR phiz-dad.gif
-Alas,
-BATS!
-Honeypot
-Trains
-Shipping
-F2P
-Crayons!

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Cock Fights
Toon

A Doomed Purloiner
Jan 4, 2006

Vintage
Baseball
DUPLICATE haruhi tag

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
SHOCKING for Q Hayashida threads

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Well, voting has been closed, but the experiment wasn't very successful. I'll update this tomorrow and choose a handful of good choices from the bunch. Feel free to suggest more in the meantime.

Kibibit
Sep 10, 2009

You must be a friend that's good at shredding!
I think a lot of people ended up looking at the sheer volume of tags to sift through and kinda noped out. I think the list needed some sort of categorization I guess?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, at the end of the day, it's 20 images with an average of 25 thread tags each. That's a buttload of things to sift through no matter which way you slice it. Still, an experiment to test waters and see what's up, which are fun every once in a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Maybe next time it could be done in two rounds, with the first being posters picking 3 tags from the big list to nominate (like this time) and the second being posters looking at just the nominees and voting on those? It'd take some extra work on Julias's part, since they'd have to collect and post the shortlist, but it'd make it much easier for people to look at each other's proposed tags, which is kinda necessary if you want an actual vote to happen.