Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

potatocubed
Jul 26, 2012

*rathian noises*

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, wow. I haven't really seen a lot of Stardew Valley gameplay, but if it's anything like Harvest Moon that it's clearly stealing from, I can see a loooot of bad potential in that sense. Good on you for finishing it and putting it in a drawer somewhere. Maybe you'll feel like fixing up what's off some other time?

I think it's more likely that I'll cannibalise the interesting parts for something else. By the time I was done with it it was kind of a sprawling mess anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

ibntumart posted:

TG in nature:
  • Give the Great Pendragon Campaign another go.
  • Try out Cthulhu Dark.
  • Run a Trail of Cthulhu game, possibly as a warm-up to an extended campaign.
  • Write up Lords of Gossamer and Shadow on the FATAL & Friends thread if it’s not been done yet.

Well, let's see how badly I did! I accomplished... none of these things. :( But I did get a boost in Cthulhu-related enthusiasm thanks to a TGSS gift, and did just post a Call of Cthulhu recruitment thread, so I'll allow myself some partial credit, I guess?

ibntumart posted:

Realspace stuff:
  • Develop my bass playing to the point I feel confident jamming in public when the pandemic finally ends.
  • Push myself to learn new songs on guitar.
  • Declutter my apartment.
  • Cook and bake a lot more.

Hmm. Thanks to the pandemic, my instructor's normal student concerts were cancelled, so no live performance this year. I did keep up with bass, though, and now it's more about getting the sound in my head and what my fingers are doing to match more perfectly. Also I set up my own little DAW with my MacBook, an interface, and MIDI keyboard and started recording and composing a bit. Guitar hasn't progressed so much, but I do pick it up now and then, can do barre chords a bit more easily, and learned "Greensleeves" on a lark (which I *think* I played passably).

Some process on decluttering but so, so much needs to be reorganized and I just didn't have the willpower or energy. I realized last year just how much work drains from me every day. No solution to that yet, unfortunately.

I cooked and baked a lot less. But I did at least make Thanksgiving dinner all by myself. I made an old stand-by yesterday, and am going to do my best to make dinner every day next week.

Agent Rush
Aug 30, 2008

You looked, Junker!

Agent Rush posted:

Cool, thanks! For me then, 2021 will be the Year of Development! I've already got some ideas on how to work toward that, so let's see how it goes.

Well, I entered a few more contests and finally got in touch with Planned Parenthood, so I'd say my Development came along quite nicely!

LatwPIAT
Jun 6, 2011

Well I made basically no progress on making that Person of Interest/Mr. Robot/Watch_Dogs RPG I’ve been meaning to make so… gently caress.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Spiteski posted:

An unusual year behind us, I've got some plans for making this one better!

1. Play Jaws of the Lion through to completion with my 10 yr old. Make time you grouchy gently caress.
2. Keep this Mon-Fri job and make it permanent. It's awesome, and the money is awesome, and not getting assaulted all the time is awesome.
3. Finish Zeitgeist AP with your A+ group. We can do it. It's so good.
4. Cross off this list as best you can:
- Mutant Year Zero
- Coriolis
- Tales from the Loop/Things from the Flood
- Vaesan
- Forbidden Lands
- Twilight 2000.
Any of those that you haven't put to table, sell at the end of the year.
5. Get to 1100 chess rating.
6. Sell or play Sine Tempore. It's a shelf hog and burning a hole in your wallet.
7. Don't get COVID, and don't die.
8. Maybe get less fat, fatty. 100kg would be a goal. (that's 20kg loss, fatty)

1. We almost got there! Not for lack of trying but new games did take our attention away. I consider this one a win!
2. Yes! Well... kinda yes. I got another 2 year contract out of it, and it's likely to go permanent after that
3. Fuckin nope. This is pretty much floundering sadly.
4. Ugh, almost none of those got played. BUT I have already now sold all those that didn't get played. All that's left is Coriolis and MYZ physical books.
5. I got to 1080 before lockdown got me stupid busy again and then I plummeted in focus. Sucks
6. Sold I think in... March? This didn't last long. I did play it though and it's a typical Kickstarter - tonnes of minis. Gameplay was actually good but not worth the dollareedoos or shelf space.
7. So far so good.
8. So proud of this one, I've lost 15 of those 20kg. Totally have lost 30kg since my heaviest, and 5 more to go for my goal! Super happy and feeling best I've felt in years.