Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

Ramune syrup on shaved ice rules if you ever spot it somewhere

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

never really see adults drink that stuff. usually kids.

maybe if they just had it straight on tap from a soda dispenser and you can just pour it in full glass, it be worth it.
but the marble one is so annoying to drink and even then, its like the amt of a kids juice box?

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i like the marble ramune bottles, they're like sody pop from an alternative reality.

----------------

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

They hated Futanari because His posts were shit.
Finally drank through the variety pack of Bawls that I ordered. They were all decent, best were the original and cherry cola. Whoever mentioned Bawls as a Slurpee flavor, I wish I could have been there.

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Lost his leg in Robo War I
The marble thing is funny because it seems like it’s a marketing gimmick but at the time it was just cheaper than sealing bottles the now-standard way.

GateOfD
Jan 31, 2023

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 19 days!)

Imagining trying to drink Pepsi in a marble bottle

----------------

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

GateOfD posted:

i heard they changed up the fanta orange flavor, but it still taste to same to me

Yeah I couldn't taste the difference.

:sss: :tbear: Oel ngati kameie Los Ingobernables de Onsite BYOB
Seared tuna steak, served with ponzu sauce and wasabi.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 07:55 May 03, 2015 posted:

sometimes i rub Fabreeze on my hands and now my hands are very dry.

FrankeeFrankFrank on 04:55 Apr 10, 2017 posted:

It was nice knowing you all. Sometimes.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
squirt always hits the fuckin spot

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
I love Squirt, it's one of the faves, but as someone who still masks not being able to taste soda from the fountain before leaving the store has gotten me burnt many times since it's pretty difficult to tell if I got Squirt or I got a Big Q worth of carbonated water. That's why Sprite Lymonade has become my clear soda of choice because it's not really clear but yellow enough to know you got something, Sprite, Sprite Remix Celebrating 50 Years of Hip Hop, and Starry have let me down, too.

I still believe in Second Winter. Put this in your sig if you also believe in that and that it is real and not fake like the others say.

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Rick posted:

I love Squirt, it's one of the faves, but as someone who still masks not being able to taste soda from the fountain before leaving the store has gotten me burnt many times since it's pretty difficult to tell if I got Squirt or I got a Big Q worth of carbonated water. That's why Sprite Lymonade has become my clear soda of choice because it's not really clear but yellow enough to know you got something, Sprite, Sprite Remix Celebrating 50 Years of Hip Hop, and Starry have let me down, too.

Or you could take the mask off instead of being a crazy person.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous cumhead!

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Rick posted:

squirt isn't clear, it's cloudy

Bum the Sad posted:

Or you could take the mask off instead of being a crazy person.

naw

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

squirt is worth the consequences

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Wisconsin Old Fashioned Sour every time. Squirt supremacy.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Philthy posted:

Wisconsin Old Fashioned Sour every time. Squirt supremacy.

This joker (first google result) is using pickled mushrooms... is this the correct method?? https://bowl-me-over.com/whiskey-old-fashioned-sour/

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Dokapon Findom posted:

This joker (first google result) is using pickled mushrooms... is this the correct method?? https://bowl-me-over.com/whiskey-old-fashioned-sour/

Having lived here for nearly 50 years, and Old Fashioneds being a favorite:

quote:

A Whiskey Old Fashioned Sour quickly became my cocktail of choice! Classically this drink would be served with pickled brussels sprouts, mushrooms or asparagus (yes pickled vegetables!) or green olives.

Is bizarre. I've never seen one like that, and I've probably had hundreds. We do put a lot of weird poo poo in our cocktails, so I'd imagine someone does it, but I wouldn't say any of that is "Classically".

Edit: Also, it has to be Korbel Brandy if it's in Wisconsin.

This was the first hit for me, and is correct:

https://sweetphi.com/wisconsin-brandy-old-fashioned-sour/

I usually skip adding sugar, and just dump a little cherry juice in when I get the cherries. It's pretty much pure sugar, and enhances the color.

Philthy fucked around with this message at 00:54 on Apr 29, 2024

Rick
Feb 23, 2004

Crusty Nutsack posted:

squirt isn't clear, it's cloudy

That is true at a good store but some places water their soda down enough that it's hard to tell.

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Philthy posted:

Having lived here for nearly 50 years, and Old Fashioneds being a favorite:

Is bizarre. I've never seen one like that, and I've probably had hundreds. We do put a lot of weird poo poo in our cocktails, so I'd imagine someone does it, but I wouldn't say any of that is "Classically".

Edit: Also, it has to be Korbel Brandy if it's in Wisconsin.

This was the first hit for me, and is correct:

https://sweetphi.com/wisconsin-brandy-old-fashioned-sour/

I usually skip adding sugar, and just dump a little cherry juice in when I get the cherries. It's pretty much pure sugar, and enhances the color.

I have seen pickled asparagus and pickled bean in a bloody mary, but mushrooms are a new one to me. I think I'd be willing to give it a try, though

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Ziv Zulander
Mar 24, 2017

ZZ for short

I had a chocolate orange flavor jones soda. It tasted exactly like one of those foil wrapped chocolate oranges. Very uncanny flavor. I didn’t like it at first, and considering dumping it. But I decided to finish, and by the end it grew on me a little. 6/10, okay as a novelty but I can understand why nobody makes chocolate flavored sodas

Wendigee
Jul 19, 2004

Is the mountain dew Baja fruit punch or new purple thunder (blackberry plum?) one any good? Oh what about Laguna lemonade?

I tried the guava Baja and didn't like it

I really want to try the other 2 but I ain't buying a 12 pack.

Still got 10 cans of the guava one sitting in the cupboard

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

The fruit punch is okay. Tastes like Hawaiian Punch but like all dew the full sugar formula makes me sick after half a bottle. Monster pipeline punch is superior.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

Dokapon Findom posted:

No, this is way off. Brandy is king in WI, Korbel or the 3 year Asbach are what I'm used to seeing. No weird garnishes, just an orange slice and a cherry on top of the ones that got muddled, and if you go sweet or sour the fruit and the sodas used (Sprite or Graf's 50/50 respectively) make it plenty sweet without more sugar.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

olives in your brandy old fashioned are totally a thing in Wisconsin, at least for some old timers. some bars will ask if you want cherries or olives.

luv2shit
May 15, 2023

drinking a cherry coca cola zero sugar in a plastic 20 ioz bottle. manna from ehaven.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

Ooh boy. Had a little coffee left in the french press after breakfast, came down mid-morning and mixed it in with a Coke zero and a half teaspoon of vanilla extract and it is hitting. Got the ratio just right.

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I got some cold brew and cans of vanilla coke zero. Wonder if that would fly.

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

It hasn’t when I’ve tried it. Idk if it’s the cold brew or the vanilla coke zero throwing it off, but there’s some alchemy to it that I haven’t figured out yet. Gonna try to replicate the magic of standard coke zero + room temp french press + vanilla extract again soon because it whipped.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

vanilla, root beer, and cold brew is the magic sauce for me but it is really fuckin easy to throw off the ratio

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

Drinking a Sprite Chill Cherry Lime. It's merely okay but definitely one of the less offensive editions they've released

Free Kyoon
Free SPR
Free cuppy tea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anonymous Robot
Jun 1, 2007

What’s the word about Dr Pepper Coconut Zero?