Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

CrazySalamander posted:

The big thing about Yurucamp is a lot of people went camping as kids and never had kids of their own, so they haven't gone camping since they became adults. It hits the nostalgia button at the same time as encouraging people to pick up that old hobby from childhood again.

I personally just love hiking and that show is extremely my jam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i think people just like the relaxing show with fun characters and there's a handful of shows that do that kind of thing differently and yuru camp is a notable one in its own way

i'm not the big yuru camp fan but i like the vr games where you specifically play as yurucamp characters instead of a weird faceless vr insert. it's cute

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
On the topic of Yuru Camp, I was very surprised the other day when my mom told me she'd watched the first season in its entirety and she wanted to know when the second season would finish airing so that she could watch it all in one go. :3:

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Azran posted:

On the topic of Yuru Camp, I was very surprised the other day when my mom told me she'd watched the first season in its entirety and she wanted to know when the second season would finish airing so that she could watch it all in one go. :3:
Your mom rules. :)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

exquisite taste

utamaru
Mar 8, 2008

BRAP BRAP BRAP BRAP
Because of the talk about it in here I decided to check out Redo of Healer without really understanding what it was about. I regret that decision.

However I wanted to get it out of my system so I binged it, and saw the last episode (censored) yesterday. I guess the multiple 30+ second shots of a chandelier or whatever, with zero dialogue, just backround music and art.. they were kinda funny. Can't recommend this show though. Maybe watch the censored version? But then you are uhh losing all of the appeal.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

the Sk8 finale was absolutely insane. Definitely my AOTS no question.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
It was perfect except for poor Shadow getting done dirty.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Sindai posted:

Agreed 100%

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Ibram Gaunt posted:

the Sk8 finale was absolutely insane. Definitely my AOTS no question.

Absolutely

Sindai posted:

Also that tiny subplot with government lady, not sure what they were doing there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Yeah I was really expecting Adam to at least throw his horrible family under that bus or something.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Totally setting up for a season 2!!! :pray:

Squidster
Oct 7, 2008

✋😢Life's just better with Ominous Gloves🤗🧤
I burst out laughing multiple times during Sk8's incredible final episode. Between Akudama Drive, Wonder Egg and Sk8, this has been a hell of a year for original shows.

https://twitter.com/tessreid/status/1378446300874702849

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Totally setting up for a season 2!!! :pray:

Season 2: #Justice4Shadow

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

:hai:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Buzzsaw Roomba posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Well the ending to SK8 was exceptional. That just ticked all my boxes and then some. What a fun way to finish off that show.

Having had one of my hobbies ticked off with this and with the water polo anime coming up I feel very personally catered too and it's wonderful.