Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AYE, we were tricked into that war by the Black Dawn or whatever their name was anyways we might as well try to start normalizing poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

TBH, diplomacy before profit, I think. Voting Ayaya.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

Somebody gather up some normal pearls and orange paint. They'll never know the difference. Aye.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.
Nay. Working with Mhuir bit us before, it'll probably bite us again.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

OOrochi posted:

Nay. Working with Mhuir bit us before, it'll probably bite us again.

Also, I want those pearls too!

Nay

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

The Black Dawn's influence ever remains. A shame, that.

Aye. Let's get the record set straight, for once in this continent's history.

Inadequately
Oct 9, 2012
Aye, if we can establish better trade relations we may be able to purchase those gems legally way down the line, instead of having to go through an expensive middleman.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Age of Disorder, Chapter 7
What happened to chapter 6? :iiam:

In another pretty one-sided session of the Council, with 234 votes against 140, the Council of Loyals decreed to strictly police the smuggling of Orange Pearls, a first small step towards a more peaceful coexistence with Mhuir. You will discover if things will further improve during your regular campaign of The Queen's Dilemma, thanks to the Envelope titled "The Most Valuable Gem" that your decision added to the Age of Disorder Expansion Kit!

quote:

Once considered the result of magic, Ash Bread is a low-cost bread made with an infected ingredient, highly resistant to drought. The gray-colored bread has the power (or the curse) to let the eater dream glimpses of upcoming violent future events they’re related to, particularly their own death.

During this Age of Disorder, Ash Bread has lost its charm and the hold it took over the richest members of our society. Ashers are constantly haunted by visions of their own death, living in a perennial state of paranoia; now ten times worse than before due to the constant riots and death risks of this age. Unfortunately, what is true for the rich is not true for the poor. Farmers are actively suffering in these times of crisis: fields are regularly raided and burned in retaliation, trading is harder than ever, and famine is commonplace. Desperate farmers often rely on the resistant, low cost, and low effort ingredient that allows them to produce huge amounts of black bread, sold for a few coins to the needy and the starving. Ashers are once again trying to find their place in the slums of the biggest cities, filled with paranoia and fanning again the flames of social discontent.

In fact, when two Ashers are involved in a feud, their ability to foresee future violence unravels long chains of reciprocal anticipated retributions. A single future act of violence, once predicted, is responded to with preemptive attacks. These responses are in turn predicted by the other party, prompting a corresponding preemptive attack. Add to this the fact that these future visions are often unclear and bafflingly overlap one with the other, and you have a recipe for total disorder.

A radical solution to restore order in the slums is proposed by Syd the Feral, an upstart noble who has a reputation for keeping the slums in order. His means are not often palatable, but they are undoubtedly effective. The slums in his land are the most well-organized, and few crimes are ever denounced.

quote:

With harsh common hunger comes a massive quantity of Ashers, particularly in the slums of Lybra, and social order has become difficult to manage. We are losing control of Lybra as poor Ashers act erratically, exacting anticipated retribution among themselves. Stories of violent confrontations between groups of Ashers are told on a day-to-day basis.

A radical proposal is put to the Council: Syd advocates barring entrance into the city to anyone who shows the marks of Ash Bread consumption. We do not have enough guards for such a massive operation, but Syd the Feral assures us he has his ways to exert influence in the slums. He tells us not to ask for the details but to trust him.

So, Councilors, are you ready for your next Dilemma? Depending on your decision, a different set of 1 Agenda card + 1 Ability sticker will be unlocked: “King of the Enclave” or “Violent Profits”. You are writing history, there’s no coming back, so whatever your choice will be, the other option will be lost forever.

Remember, Agenda cards are secret objectives that may let you unlock additional contents (for example, an Ability sticker, like in this case), or even let you open Envelopes sending more Dilemma cards to the deck, and more surprises.

The time has come to cast your vote. Choose one of the two options, AYE or NAY, then submit your votes/comments below this update!

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Nay we didn't go through all that effort just to let this Syd guy reform The Defenders we put down.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Aye, he seems trustworthy

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Bellmaker posted:

Nay we didn't go through all that effort just to let this Syd guy reform The Defenders we put down.

This. Voting Nay.

OOrochi
Jan 19, 2017

On my honor as the Dawnspear.

Bellmaker posted:

Yup. We've been through this before.

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Bellmaker posted:

:emptyquote:

NAY

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

I seem to recall being quite against random acts of claymore-swinging against the commonfolk.

Nay.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
I just won the covid lottery, so we're going to skip a day or two...

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Age of Disease, Chapter I
Hey there, sorry for the lack of updates in the past week. Turns out that diseases are like Pokémons for me, so I wanted to catch them all...I got COVID, a bacterial pneumonitis and conjuntivitis all at the same time, so I was kinda out of commission.

Turns out that quite a few things have happened in the meantime :v:

Since it would make little sense for me to resume the updates with one that starts with Defeated and humiliated, Ankist stands possibly on the brink of collapse, I think it's better if you catch up on what's happened this week starting from this update: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/horribleguild/the-queens-dilemma/posts/3648856

Tomorrow, we vote again!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 12:07 on Nov 14, 2022

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Well, drat. Glad you're feeling better.

Aye! I'm calling this treason internally and extraterritorial meddling externally.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Also it turns out that this is, in fact, the last vote :v: but it sounds like it may be a fairly important one...

Age of Disorder, Chapter 17

The results for this Council session where once again extremely close: with 186 votes against 155, the Council of Loyals decreed to give their blessing to the Queen's campaign and go to war against the Republic of Kauppias. You will discover the consequences of this action during your regular campaign of The Queen's Dilemma, thanks to the Mystery Bag titled "The Final Thrust" that your decision added to the Age of Disorder Expansion Kit!

quote:

Serena makes her return from the front, worn but victorious, injured but triumphant. Many people of Ankist follow her all the way, from the borders of our Kingdom to the capital city of Lybra, a human wave of support that accompanies our soon-to-be-Queen to the throne.

The roads of Aontas are all painted blue and red, covered in the flags of reignited Ankistian pride and patriotism. The only stain on our triumph is that we couldn’t bring Geryth back to our kingdom, to give him the punishment he deserves: he’s nowhere to be found, possibly still hiding in Kauppias, somewhere.

Thanks to Serena’s act of valor, and her unwavering faith in our people, the Kingdom of Ankist stands once again unified and strong. Those nobles still around in Gamam and Wylio are loyal to our kingdom, and so are the common folk who enthusiastically supported our soon-to-be-Queen. What Serena has done, has no precedent in our history: she gave us back the power and pride we once had, and the hope to attain even more in the future. A future that will see the banner of Ankist fly high once again.

quote:

On her 18th birthday, Serena enters the Council Hall alone, dressed in ceremonial plated armor, looks all us counselors right in the eyes, and begins a speech:

“Noblemen, councilors, lend me your ears! This is a glorious day for Ankist! Today, thanks to your careful and wise guidance throughout these difficult years, we have finally restored order to our glorious kingdom! No more will we be prey of foreign powers: rats, who scavenge the tiresome work of our people! No longer will we be divided by traitorous politicians: serpents, who tear brothers from sisters! We, the people of Ankist, are all—together—a valiant and powerful nation! When we are all of one mind, no power can stop us!”

As she continues her speech, she is not alone anymore. Behind her, a hundred soldiers - the Exalted Wardens - march closely together and slowly spread out in a circle behind all of the nobles in the Council of Loyals, around us all! They are in position to block all the exits.

“This is why today, on the noble date of my 18th birthday, I ask all of you to confer to me the power that you so wisely administered these last years, the power that belongs to me by birthright. You have done so much for Ankist, now you can finally rest and enjoy the shining future which is about to bless our country.”

The speech ends with the soldiers rhythmically thumping their halberds’ pommels on the wooden floor, in sign of approval. The sermon does not seem to offer a real choice, but Serena smiles and invites us all to cast one last vote…

So, Councilors, are you ready for your last Dilemma? Depending on your decision, a different Envelope will be unlocked: they have spoilery titles, though, so we'll reveal them tomorrow. As usual, you are writing history and there’s no coming back, so whatever your choice will be, the other option will be lost forever.

Remember, when they are opened, Envelopes unlock new Dilemma cards that get added to your deck, bringing new events the Council will need to deal with during your campaign.

The time has come to cast your vote. Choose one of the two options, AYE or NAY, then submit your votes/comments below this update!

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Your majesty, your grandpa King Orm already tried this 60 years ago and yet here we councilors still stand.

Just for the record here's my Nay and a letter of resignation from my position, now can someone pass the popcorn? This promises to be fun.

SporkChan
Oct 20, 2010

One day I will proofread my posts well, but today is not that day.
Nay!

Lethe callously backstabbednobly fought for that power and we won't give it up that easily.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

Nay

The fact that your soldiers call it "thump thump" tells me you're not ready.

Quackles
Aug 11, 2018

Pixels of Light.

Even if things go poorly for me, I must Nya at your proposal.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

quote:

No longer will we be divided by traitorous politicians: serpents, who tear brothers from sisters!
Wow, rude. House Lethe will not stand for this. Nay.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Nay! you have dealt horribly to the people of Gamam that wished only for the freedom to make money in peaceful alliances. You are a wsrmonger, not a Queen!

LPFinale
Dec 8, 2019

Well then, Serena. You've grown strong. Powerful allies, in a beloved kingdom. You've spared no measure in ensuring your coming rule. It's a strength to be proud of.

With that said, this noble lady of Gambol has one final request to make of you:

Your kingdom's in your grasp. I'd like to see you take it, as one last victory.

Nay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Age of Disorder, The End

Our Ankist would have been so much more fun :v:

The results for this Council session where not a landslide, but still, the final result was clear very early on: with 269 votes against 128, the Council of Loyals decreed to give abdicate their power in favor of Serena, who is now officially our Queen! You will discover the consequences of this action during your regular campaign of The Queen's Dilemma, thanks to the Envelope titled "Queen by Acclamation" that your decision added to the Age of Disorder Expansion Kit!

Let us be honest: we knew this final chapter was going to sparkle a few surprised reactions... but we were blown away by your comments! No matter which side you decided to support, you made us laugh out loud in more than one occasion! Here's a longer-than-usual list of highlights, to celebrate the end of this exciting adventure!

This was the final chapter of the Age of Disorder, but a bigger adventure is yet to come! This is the dawn of a new era: under the leadership of Queen Serena a smaller Council will rule over the Kingdom of Ankist as it tries to really get back to its former glory.

As you may have already guessed, the six members of this new Council will be the various characters we met during the Age of Disorder: Xanthe the Crimson Shield, Aesyas the Silver Quill, Elinor the Gold Blooded, Jilian the Silk Weaver, Lyrie the Veil Piercer, and Syd the Feral.

These are also the characters that you will be able to choose at the start of your campaign of The Queen's Dilemma! Will this new government team lead us to a new age of splendor? Will they be able to face the new dilemmas, challenges, dangers, and opportunities ahead of us? Actually, it will depend on your choices during the campaign while you play as one of them!

Thank you everyone for being back in Ankist for a little bit! I'll see you all when the game is out - which to be fair is going to be in about 1 year. I may be running something else before then, if I can find something nice/simple enough...so stay tuned!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Nov 15, 2022