Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1381696747387379719

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

A back that can catch and pass block, big need filled, I like it.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

wandler20 posted:

A back that can catch and pass block, big need filled, I like it.

Honestly I couldn't tell you that he looks any different than he did in 2013 and 2014 from an athletic perspective. Even if he had lost a step he'd still be worth it as a pass blocker.

Bengals signed Thaddeus Moss.

GOOD TIMES ON METH
Mar 17, 2006

Fun Shoe
He is much slower and is constantly injured now, so yes he is very different physically. But he is a great fit for the Bucs since I assume they will only want like 15 snaps a game from him.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1382652305984663552?s=19

More than I thought he'd get

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Im curious if other owners will raise an issue with the voidable year stuff or if everyone will just agree to abuse it

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

I don't think voidable years are necessarily gaming the system any more than long contracts and big signing bonuses are. It's just another mechanism to "borrow" cap space in future years which teams hope that future cap increases will then offset. If a team is in their championship window then by all means sacrifice future flexibility for the now. If a rebuilding team is doing it, they might be dumb and shortsighted.

I'm sure both the players and owners are probably ok with it.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I'd say that it advantages the more wealthy owners; even though it's cap magic you still need the liquidity to pull it off.

But let's be real the Browns and Spanos of the NFL aren't trying to win games anyway.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Every year there are 3-5 teams that complain about signings in free agency and other things, and the NFL sends these email blasts to the NFLPA who then automatically blast it to every money manager and agent that's in the NFL/NFLPA system... so theres complainers every year. Just curious if anyone will bitch about this.

Good point about the liquidity benefit

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://twitter.com/MikeGarafolo/status/1382712600211906562?s=19

Aldon Smith to Seattle.

Dunlap back, resigning Mayowa, bringing in Hyder, and hopefully getting last year's second round pick in action - if some of these spare parts work out Seattle could have a pretty spicy pass rush even without Jarran Reed.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Love Clowney saying “finally I get to play with a winner” after going from playing for super bowl winner Pete Carroll then playing for the team that went to the afc championship the year before. But now finally he is playing for the historical juggernaut Cleveland browns. Nothing against the browns they’re obviously good now but clowney is a bum

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

thrilla in vanilla posted:

Love Clowney saying “finally I get to play with a winner” after going from playing for super bowl winner Pete Carroll then playing for the team that went to the afc championship the year before. But now finally he is playing for the historical juggernaut Cleveland browns. Nothing against the browns they’re obviously good now but clowney is a bum

He didn't actually say that though? Or is that missing from these quotes?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

This seems fine?

https://twitter.com/rapsheet/status/1384484087273074695?s=21

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

Seems fine, yeah.

Any reason why the Titans didn't retain him?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
We have basically zero money and also the front office seems to think the problem with our defense was the players and not coaching related. Daquan has always been Just A Guy and his beard was gross as gently caress. If he’s playing next to somebody elite he’s a great runstuffer but he isn’t going to generate much pressure on his own

That sounds overly negative, he’s not bad or anything but he won’t jump out at you.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

If he’s playing next to somebody elite he’s a great runstuffer but he isn’t going to generate much pressure on his own

He's playing with Derrick Brown, Hassan Reddick, and Brian Burns.

He'll have the opportunity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ozymandius1024
Mar 15, 2006

You don't yank on the Spine of God

We have basically zero money and also the front office seems to think the problem with our defense was the players and not coaching related. Daquan has always been Just A Guy and his beard was gross as gently caress. If he’s playing next to somebody elite he’s a great runstuffer but he isn’t going to generate much pressure on his own

That sounds overly negative, he’s not bad or anything but he won’t jump out at you.

I think as long as he's healthy and available, it'll probably be an upgrade over what Carolina had been getting from Kawann Short over the last couple of years.