Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Wondering how many podcasts you guys listen to.. like 2 or 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
like 20 dude

JOSEPH SAMOAN
Jun 13, 2010

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Giant Bombcast
The Hotspot
Moderate Rebels
Uhh Yeah Dude
Talk'n Shop
Cock Torture

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

I recently cut my subscriptions from 60 -> 25 and it feels much better.

I love podcasts and could listen to them all day long but it took me way too long to realize that they were another form of entertainment at the same level of books, video games, movies, and TV - they were tickling the same sense of enjoyment coupled with the very satisfying feeling of constantly "catching up."

Every time I ran out of episodes to listen to I'd find something new to subscribe to, listen to their complete archive, and repeat.

I realized I was skipping other things like watching TV/movies, reading books, etc because I had a growing list of podcasts to listen to.

They're a double edged sword for me - instantly available entertainment that makes me feel like I'm getting smarter / more knowledgeable with every minute, even when that's not true.

Sleng Teng
May 3, 2009

ketchup vs catsup posted:

I recently cut my subscriptions from 60 -> 25 and it feels much better.

I love podcasts and could listen to them all day long but it took me way too long to realize that they were another form of entertainment at the same level of books, video games, movies, and TV - they were tickling the same sense of enjoyment coupled with the very satisfying feeling of constantly "catching up."

Every time I ran out of episodes to listen to I'd find something new to subscribe to, listen to their complete archive, and repeat.

I realized I was skipping other things like watching TV/movies, reading books, etc because I had a growing list of podcasts to listen to.

They're a double edged sword for me - instantly available entertainment that makes me feel like I'm getting smarter / more knowledgeable with every minute, even when that's not true.

Thats a lot of podcast still, but good on you

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Sleng Teng posted:

Thats a lot of podcast still, but good on you

got it down to 20 today!

Gargamel Gibson
Apr 24, 2014
None of your loving business.

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Just a funny av. Not a redtext or an own ok.

ketchup vs catsup posted:

uh, what did you thought they were before you realized this?

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Before the divorce? 50. Now I'm doing 65 and counting. Once I lose weekends with the youngling it'll probably get into triple digits :cheers:

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Hot drat, people are listening to a lot of podcasts.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
I do probably 40-50 episodes a week of various podcasts I follow or find something new/get a recco

It went up significantly when I started working from home and site visits have gone down considerably to mitigate covid

Basically while Im working if Im not on a zoom call Ill have one going and when Im cleaning on the weekends or whatever Ill throw something on

Do it ironically fucked around with this message at 23:07 on Jan 17, 2021

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

grate deceiver posted:

uh, what did you thought they were before you realized this?

it's not a stretch to think you're learning something from listening to history podcasts

Lampsacus
Oct 21, 2008

In Our Time, Uhh Yeah Dude, Pete Holmes, Psychedelic Saloon, the Ram Dass one, DEATH IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Two and a half. Podcast listening has gone way down since I don't have to commute to work as often as I was before the pandemic

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Strict boys only diet. We got Action Boyz, Bodega Boys, Doughboys, Deli Boys, The Poster Boys, The Sloppy Boys. Plus Sean and Hayes. What more could you ask

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
I listen to a handful of them, op.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Lampsacus posted:

DEATH IS JUST AROUND THE CORNER.

Is that an actual podcast or are you havin' an existential crisis?

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I've mostly stopped listening to the half dozen I subscribed to once I started working from home and now just listen to whatever seems interesting or funny while I'm doing cardio

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

HolePisser1982 posted:

Strict boys only diet. We got Action Boyz, Bodega Boys, Doughboys, Deli Boys, The Poster Boys, The Sloppy Boys. Plus Sean and Hayes. What more could you ask

what about cum boys??

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
Those good good boys the McElroys.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

grate deceiver posted:

what about cum boys??

I'm haven't gotten into them much, but some of the clips people upload to youtube crack me up. (Mr hitalkas medical professional is #1)

Do you have a few episodes you'd recommend?

Evil Agita
Feb 25, 2005

Lord Fool, give me another chance. I'll prove my strength to you!
I just don't want to be caught by someone I know listening to something called cum boys

grate deceiver
Jul 10, 2009

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I'm haven't gotten into them much, but some of the clips people upload to youtube crack me up. (Mr hitalkas medical professional is #1)

Do you have a few episodes you'd recommend?

honestly the bit compilations are probably the best, I've stopped listening to full episodes. the Ben Shapiro bits are magical, Stavbot, Steven Seagal movies review, Tom Myers stories, Dan Nainan, basically any time they're making fun of some mediocre comedian or twitter dipshit

grate deceiver fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Jan 21, 2021

power botton
Nov 2, 2011

grate deceiver posted:

any time they're making fun of some mediocre comedian or twitter dipshit

Adams still on the show btw

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
What a powerfully YOSPOS gang tag.

~Coxy
Dec 9, 2003

R.I.P. Inter-OS Sass - b.2000AD d.2003AD

Evil Agita posted:

I just don't want to be caught by someone I know listening to something called cum boys

Worst thing about accidentally laughing at a podcast if there's someone else around.

slandergoose
Jun 24, 2023
I'm subbed to about 30 podcasts, I just have them play while I'm working.

Cached Money
Apr 11, 2010

I have like 4 that i usually listen to every new ep of, but there's also a bunch I occasionally listen to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

Too many