Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ass-penny
Jan 18, 2008

Help me nut, I got into the vault via air duct like you said but I'm not able to reach it from the inside! Maybe if I can stack up some crates and reach the duct...

Oh poo poo I fell off the crates and hurt my back real bad. Get out of here while you still can! I'll tell them I was acting alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

nut posted:

An anime glint in my eye. I know I've got you. Opa hold on, just a little longer.

I deal you a perfect 21 of diamonds.

My heart sinks.

Jerking awkwardly to my feet, I slam down my hand on the table and shout "BLACKJACK!" to the obvious disappointment of the crowd. But then my glee turns to dismay, as I realize that my bet is buried somewhere underneath the dealer's tip, mounds of which still obscure the entire table and a substantial portion of the floor.

"Uh," I stammer, "do I... do I win the pot, or..."

nut
Jul 30, 2019

rear end-penny posted:

Help me nut, I got into the vault via air duct like you said but I'm not able to reach it from the inside! Maybe if I can stack up some crates and reach the duct...

Oh poo poo I fell off the crates and hurt my back real bad. Get out of here while you still can! I'll tell them I was acting alone.

I hear it all over the walkie talkie strapped to my belt and also through the thin walls of the Pinata to my immediate right. I change the walkie talkie to channel 2 and radio in my back-up, a guy named Carl who runs the tilt a whirl ride at the nomadic town festival that has been set up in the foodland parking lot over the weekend. Carl will retrace your steps and use both the crates and your body to reach the duct.

Leperflesh posted:

Jerking awkwardly to my feet, I slam down my hand on the table and shout "BLACKJACK!" to the obvious disappointment of the crowd. But then my glee turns to dismay, as I realize that my bet is buried somewhere underneath the dealer's tip, mounds of which still obscure the entire table and a substantial portion of the floor.

"Uh," I stammer, "do I... do I win the pot, or..."

I applaud instinctively to your proclamation, but inside I falter. In my several days of working here, I have yet to deal a blackjack. Whereas I was able to infer the rest of the game's rules through a combination of trial and error with the less aggressive guests, I remain completely befuddled about what to do next. I consider reporting you to security on your insinuation that I might sell you marijuana, a wild and free dealing lifestyle that I have long left in the rear view up to three days ago, when I started my job as a dealer.

Then it hits me, I paw at the mound of chips, excavating one big mountain into two, clawing a sight path to you in the dug out valley.

"...double or nothing?"

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

This man knows a degenerate when he sees one. Despite the natural talent at dealing he clearly has none of, the crowd cannot be anything but astonished at the acumen on display. The sheer gamesmanship. No wonder the Pinata management hired this dealer! No wonder his table is heaped with a ridiculous tip! No wonder he's permitted to have a hat on premises!

I immediately nod, coolly, unwilling to admit that I've lost track of my chips amidst the dealer's tip. I adjust my sunglasses. Scooping my Magic cards, plus the 21 of diamonds and the 8 of red to form a new graveyard pile next to my deck, I draw seven fresh cards, look them over, and intone hoarsely, "You're on the draw this round, yeah?"

I'm wondering if the other players are in, too. Elder Dragon Highlander. Did I bring a legendary I could use as my commander? Of course I did, but it's in the suitcase. I wait to see. There's no ref around, I can get one into the game subtle-like if it's necessary. What about the Yu-Gi-Oh poo poo in this guy's deck? What have I gotten myself into? What will Mom say if I lose all my allowance on my first day in Vegas?

Sweat dribbles down my nose, splashing on the immaculate double-sleeves of my hand. Quietly, I release a small but potent fart, hoping everyone will think the dealer dealt it.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas

nut posted:

I look at the mound of chips, the table has disappeared somewhere beneath it. I wonder how many chips it would take to buy an Oculus rift or maybe the valve headset whatever it's called. returning to the moment, I blush at my greed and regain my professionalism, dealing you a 20 and a 1. I openly cry on my way to the chip vault and back with a wheelbarrow of chips. Very rusty. You can smell the wheelbarrow.

I cash out and have the car guy pull my car around. I don't have a car so I wryly ask him politely to go buy me a nice one. Soon enough he peels back into the car area with a real lulu of a car. It's red and inside it has all the best car parts. I tip him $10,000 and cruise on over to the Oculus rift store, one hand on the steering wheel, the other one just twiddling my fingers out the window. I ask the clerk for the best, widest, deepest rift they've got. "Yes, yes ma'am," he says before fetching a vintage 1887 "rift d'Alsace" from the cellar. I sniff the rift. I inhale the rifty aroma. The clerk knows a connoisseur when he sees one. "Will this be the one ma'am." It will be. He raises an appreciative eyebrow. "An excellent, excellent choice, ma'am. And would you like this gift-wrapped?" I lower my shades and wink. Yes, I most certainly do. "Very good, ma'am. I'm sure whoever receives this fine, fine rift will be most delighted." Oh, they will, I reply, grinning. They're gonna go... nuts.