Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

The average mid thirties Scotsman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Amazing that he played in the Premier League for a decade and only managed 26 Scotland caps

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Shrapnig posted:

Amazing that he played in the Premier League for a decade and only managed 26 Scotland caps

It's still more caps than literally all of the Lisbon Lions except for Billy McNeil, who had 29 total.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Her Dryer posted:

It's still more caps than literally all of the Lisbon Lions except for Billy McNeil, who had 29 total.

They also played about three international matches a year unless there was a major tournament back then.

E: I looked it up, Scotland played about 8 matches a year during the 60s. World Cup and Euro qualifying, of which they qualified for neither, ever, was 6 matches.

Shrapnig fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Apr 19, 2024

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

even if you're a russian prison conscript, remember that life could be worse

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

FullLeatherJacket posted:

We forge the chains we wear in life

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZaIxNCLvus

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIj3z3q6NDc&t=69s

cagliostr0
Jun 8, 2020

FullLeatherJacket posted:

Tbf the cafe at Crewe train station does a nice pasty

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

greazeball posted:

The most haggard looking 26 year old you've ever seen

I just looked him up now, aged 38 and looks marginally younger than Woy.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i have a very efective idea can someone pass it to those in the know. ITK!!!

just before kick off when the cameras are on, the team forms a circle chain chanting very loudly, "NEGRITO! NEGRITO! NEGRITO!

Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

this all ends with a loud "we willl never walk alone!" war cry from all the players1

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

if you see glen johnson’s name mentioned and don’t mentally prefix it with “smiling” every time, you’re not a trp real one imo

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

jesus WEP posted:

just before kick off when the cameras are on, the team forms a circle chain chanting very loudly, "NEGRITO! NEGRITO! NEGRITO!

Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

this all ends with a loud "we willl never walk alone!" war cry from all the players1

Was this a post from here or was it just quoted here from RAWK or something because it's so incredibly unhinged that I'd put it beyond our own capability for incredibly ridiculous posts about football

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

jesus WEP posted:

if you see glen johnson’s name mentioned and don’t mentally prefix it with “smiling” every time, you’re not a trp real one imo

His dribbling is a treat
He nicked a toilet seat

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

jesus WEP posted:

jesus lol

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009

jesus WEP posted:

Crying all over again

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Tod boehly proposing a revolutionary 4-4-3 to Thomas Tuchel

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

Just remembered when all the pundits and commentators walked off Match of the Day in solidarity with Lineker and a bunch of tories who had never watched football before had to post on twitter to pretend that the clip show with no commentary or analysis was actually better and they were in no way mad

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Butterfly Valley posted:

Was this a post from here or was it just quoted here from RAWK or something because it's so incredibly unhinged that I'd put it beyond our own capability for incredibly ridiculous posts about football
rawk, it’s way too deranged even for here

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

jesus WEP posted:

all-time lol, cannot believe how many posts we've made over the years that are some variation on "out pops a smiling glen johnson"

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Tod boehly proposing a revolutionary 4-4-3 to Thomas Tuchel

Toilet Boehly

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=284323.msg9639451#msg9639451

God that place is pretty cringe.

kri kri
Jul 18, 2007

This is unhinged

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

And you thought the Liverpool posters here were bad

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.

The juxtaposition of that post with the (obviously more recently added) BLM fist at the top is funny

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Butterfly Valley posted:

The juxtaposition of that post with the (obviously more recently added) BLM fist at the top is funny

reminds me of

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

vyelkin posted:

reminds me of

this is true though

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
brapbrapbrap stalking darren bent

Nuclear Spoon
Aug 18, 2010

I want to cry out
but I don’t scream and I don’t shout
And I feel so proud
to be alive
i never knew where the smiling glen johnson thing came from, i feel like i've just gazed upon moses' tablet

Her Dryer
Oct 15, 2012

Nuclear Spoon posted:

i never knew where the smiling glen johnson thing came from, i feel like i've just gazed upon moses' tablet

same lol, what a treat

I do still like to add a "Dogshit" to Yaya Toure's name in honour of world's greatest judge of talent brapbrapbrap.

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

vyelkin posted:

all-time lol, cannot believe how many posts we've made over the years that are some variation on "out pops a smiling glen johnson"

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

Jose posted:

brapbrapbrap

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Triple post because why not even though it's a day late - this was 13 years ago yesterday

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

rooney getting knocked out by phil bardsley in his own kitchen and then doing a celebration about it

L.H.O.O.Q.
Jan 3, 2013

:coal:
Rooney and the granny prostitute

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the joke which hasn’t been run into the ground, it just looks like it’s been run into the ground

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost

jesus WEP posted:

the joke which hasn’t been run into the ground, it just looks like it’s been run into the ground

There is like a whole subgenre for this subforum/thread based upon kits, their varying levels of quality and resemblance to dishrags, coach bus seats, etc

britishbornandbread
Jul 8, 2000

You'll stumble in my footsteps

Jose posted:

brapbrapbrap stalking darren bent

He was right about AVB, though.

Mrenda
Mar 14, 2012
It only happened the other week, but with the only two former footballers on TV who seem to actually enjoy football on TV together now (Peter Crouch and Ally McCoist) have some of McCoist being excited about what the stadium DJ is playing.

https://twitter.com/footballontnt/status/1780698478550864221

""Cannae beat a bit of AC/DC man!""

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

https://twitter.com/opreciouse/status/1784503596395999322