Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!
God drat that main event loving ruled. Kenny and Moose shined brighter than hell all match long

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

feel like it was booked around making moose look good, making me further think Shelley being out was/is a work.

YourHumbleMessiah
Oct 11, 2005

Great card!

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Pylons posted:

He does the exact opposite of what he needs to. Undersells big moments and moves and oversells smaller moments.

He didn't even call it when Sabin hit his finisher on Omega, which is annoying because Sabin has one of the coolest finisher names ever.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I didn't watch this show but am finding clips/recaps...am I the only one raising an eyebrow and also rather excited by Kenny and TGB both wearing and pointing to Bullet Club logos a bunch of times?

EDIT: Just looked up the poo poo about Tama, and all that SCREAMS work to me.

SamuraiFoochs fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 17, 2021

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I didn't watch this show but am finding clips/recaps...am I the only one raising an eyebrow and also rather excited by Kenny and TGB both wearing and pointing to Bullet Club logos a bunch of times?

EDIT: Just looked up the poo poo about Tama, and all that SCREAMS work to me.

NOW you're thinking with Portals.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Edward Mass posted:

NOW you're thinking with Portals.

I mean seriously, did ANYONE read or listen to those quotes from Tama and not immediately think work? Tama's always beefin' with people, but it's also extremely apparent that about 98% of it is working. Like the stuff with Roman, but he immediately eased off (AFAIK) as soon as the cancer thing happened and if I remember correctly, he even had some sorta well-meaning subtweet about it at the time.

It just seems to aggro to me for Tama to actually mean it, and if it was REALLY a problem, couldn't NJPW also say something about it?

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the thing is, the tama tweets are the sort of thing you'd do irrelevant of whether the companies are working together or not

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Procrastinator posted:

the thing is, the tama tweets are the sort of thing you'd do irrelevant of whether the companies are working together or not

This was also his podcast though.

IDK I guess what I'm saying is I'm not saying unequivocally that this IS indicative of any sort of angle. But I AM 100% positive that Tama's indignation is largely put on one way or the other.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I feel like once Jay outgrew bullet club it was kind of done at least for me. Seems like a relic of a different era of wrestling now.

I realize he’s still in it but he’s bigger than the stable, main eventing the dome and poo poo.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I see Sami Callahan has a new theme that's kinda a deathcore take on this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZNHPj4LUec

Some dude tonelessly screaming "THE DRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW" is about the stupidest poo poo of all time. I can't believe I ever thought WWE kinda wasted Sami Callahan.

Spoiler: broken clock, etc.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Sami Callahan feels like he's in the perfect spot in wrestling: midcard/upper midcard mainstay in a company the size of Impact.

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

the best thing about sami callihan is that he's willing to lose

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Impact commentary desk absolutely stinks

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Striker is bad. Dlo was inoffensive

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I heard someone committed murder on this PPV?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Mons Hubris posted:

I heard someone committed murder on this PPV?

A ninja killed someone

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

quote:

Ethan Page posting in a wrestling action figure group today: "I’m so embarrassed with how IMPACT! lazily edited that segment last night & forced it to be a joke."

Full Post:
❤️ from the afterlife ❤️
I’m going to take a full blown break from social media.
I’ll be staying active on my personal Patreon as much as I can & probably in this group too cuz I love the fig life & u guys. Xoxox.
But man .... last night sucked.
I’m so embarrassed with how IMPACT! lazily edited that segment last night & forced it to be a joke. I felt the thought of the same guys fighting eachother was comedy enough & the more serious we took it the better the reaction would be. But cuz I left the company, they lied to my face & just did what they wanted the whole time.
I’m sorry if any of my fans paid for that PPV & felt cheated. I honestly feel the free version I gave away was made with more love, care & attention to detail.
Sadly I had no control over the creative or the final product & the editor refused to send it to me before hand .... so I saw it live with you guys & was surrounded by family. All scratching their heads at that high school project level delivery on a PPV.
I pray ppl know I didnt edit that hot garbage. I actually begged IMPACT! Not to even have Karate man on tv. I only wanted it for my YouTube channel. But ... we don’t write the shows. We just get the scripts & do our best. Idk what else to say.
Breaks my heart this company refuses to respect its talent or it’s fan base on a regularly basis.
I tried. ❤️
Oh well! Life goes on. That door is closed. Now let’s focus on what’s next.
Hope you’re all well. I love all of you for supporting me & helping promote my projects. Because without you guys, karate man wouldn’t have been anything haha. I’m gonna just focus on the good that came of him for my social media & my personal channels. He’s gone now & May he live on in GOOD videos edited by the person who created him. Not stolen by a greedy company trying to capitalize on someone else’s hard work & creativity.
Sorry if this comes off so negative. I know I’m usually a positive light for my fans ... but today, I need to just be honest. I was lied to. I was hurt. I was disrespected. And I need a break from it all.
- Love Julian ❤️

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

if only we could have seen the true creative vision for "karate man"

smikey
May 22, 2004
It's not a hootenanny, it's an extravsganza!
Kinda weird take about hard work being squandered by a company from a guy most likely going to WWE

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

hey, it was no muscle man dance....

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait what the gently caress did Ethan Page expect?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait what the gently caress did Ethan Page expect?

Final cut say I guess. Which seems like it involves Ethan over-estimating his importance but that's definitely Ethan Page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
What a loving geek