Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Cancer posted:

I've never seen a can machine, here you have to bring your covid infested cans to a grumpy guy behind a counter :mad:

They're not perfect. You have to insert the cans one by one and no matter how well you think you've licked the cans clean there's always drippage. In your situation the grumpy guy takes the hit. Sticky beer hands are no joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Icochet posted:

They're not perfect. You have to insert the cans one by one and no matter how well you think you've licked the cans clean there's always drippage. In your situation the grumpy guy takes the hit. Sticky beer hands are no joke.

But the machine isn't capable of judging your achievements either, that's a big hit imo.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
The thing I hate about the machines is that most stores will only take cans from brands they carry so a lot of times if you drink other stuff you end up with a bunch they won’t take. Frankly I wouldn’t care if they just took off-brand cans and didn’t give me the nickel, I just want to be rid of it and see it recycled. I drink a bunch of craft type beers so I stopped bothering with the grocery store can return and just rinse and put them in my curbside recycling.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I think in my house all the alcoholics have the unspoken agreement to pile things on a curb so a homeless collector grabs them :shrug:

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
For a while we were donating them to a local dog shelter but it turned out that the owner was running less of a shelter and more of a hoarder situation.

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

Icochet posted:

And if you're lucky, you're stuck behind someone in line with four garbage bags full of empties. When it's your turn, you get two cans in, and the machine shuts down because it's at capacity and requires maintenance from a store clerk. At this point you've been there for 29 minutes and have already missed the bus home.

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice

Dumb Sex-Parrot posted:

cool stationery

for a clown to crumble

Thanks it's just doodles

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I’ll crush a beer can with hot steaming piss.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
OP I'm worried about you. Although they are doubtless responsible for the incredible strength that lets you crush metal with your bare hands, drinking energy drinks can come at a steep cost.

Let me ask you something: Have you been feeling uncharacteristically psyched lately?

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

I was talking with our vending machine service guy at work the other day. He told me that our pop machine always leaves two unvended cans of each variety in the machine so that there is always a cold one available. This seems silly to me.

Oh sorry, I have no loving idea if I can crush a can by hand because I’m a mature adult. Just drink it and throw it away for Christ’s sake.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
A redemption center I use has crazy can contraptions that look like they were designed and built in house. They aren't janky but they look dangerous. I wish my job was designing amd building can sorting and counting machines though I'm not positive that is what they do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Yeah check this poo poo out:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS3ck35Onp0

Related: