Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Big Beef City posted:

I was very 'On The Fence' about watching this large game until I realized I would rather attend confession and pray to my Lord and heavenly father for the forgiveness of my unspeakable sins (gluttony regarding a Chinese buffet and arrogance also involving a different Chinese buffet) instead of witnessing Thomas L. Brady playing sport on the Lord's day

"Arrogance at the Chinese Buffet," the new Hercule Poirot mystery.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

Folks the Big Game is going down tomorrow in sunny Florida, and I am ALL THE WAY IN!!! This one's got 'instant classic' written all over it! Hit up the grocery store this morning to grab everything I needed for my favourite snacks, unfortunately I can't have the boys over this year as is tradition but the group chat is already lighting up! Can't wait to crack a few cold ones and watch two of the all-time greats square off. There's gonna be something for everyone, whether you're a die-hard fan, a prop-bet wizard, or if you just want to tune in for those crazy commercials! It's kind of a running joke now for people to ask when the game starts, but you don't have to tell me twice! I'll be glued to the couch for the pre-game analysis, the starting lineup introductions, the national anthem, all the way up to the opening faceoff to see the Detroit Red Wings take on the Florida Panthers live from the BB&T Center in Sunrise at 3pm Eastern

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

tinstaach posted:

Folks the Big Game is going down tomorrow in sunny Florida, and I am ALL THE WAY IN!!! This one's got 'instant classic' written all over it! Hit up the grocery store this morning to grab everything I needed for my favourite snacks, unfortunately I can't have the boys over this year as is tradition but the group chat is already lighting up! Can't wait to crack a few cold ones and watch two of the all-time greats square off. There's gonna be something for everyone, whether you're a die-hard fan, a prop-bet wizard, or if you just want to tune in for those crazy commercials! It's kind of a running joke now for people to ask when the game starts, but you don't have to tell me twice! I'll be glued to the couch for the pre-game analysis, the starting lineup introductions, the national anthem, all the way up to the opening faceoff to see the Detroit Red Wings take on the Florida Panthers live from the BB&T Center in Sunrise at 3pm Eastern

:laffo: the Florida Panthers don’t have fans

Source: Lives in Sunrise

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Probably Magic posted:

"Arrogance at the Chinese Buffet," the new Hercule Poirot mystery.

*nods*

Big Ol Marsh Pussy
Jan 7, 2007

tinstaach posted:

Mystic Stylez
Dec 19, 2009

tinstaach posted:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I'm pooping early

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

fartknocker posted:

:laffo: the Florida Panthers don’t have fans

Source: Lives in Sunrise

That’s where the building they play is. No one actually lives in sunrise. That’s a myth.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Amy Pole Her posted:

That’s where the building they play is. No one actually lives in sunrise. That’s a myth.

True, I don’t live. I just exist. :geno:

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
All I ever picture in sunrise is the long rear end Highway road back up north.

But tons of folks up here love going to the games but frankly only because the arena is so much fun and the atmosphere rules moreso than the actual game

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Here’s some fun news: I live in Tampa and had to drive thru our downtown today and it was the most chaotic I’ve ever seen it. The Super Bowl LV experience has been insane. Thousands and thousands of people without masks hanging out getting destroyed on booze enjoying their lives, no care at all for the imminent deaths of their eldest loved ones. A gorgeous sight to see! What’s the worst that could happen?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah a friend of mine is in Miami this weekend; he posted a Snap of him and his buddies at some outdoor restaurant and it was packed. Florida literally does not give a gently caress and it's just business as usual down there in the middle of a global pandemic.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
gently caress DeSantis so loving much

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

fartknocker posted:

True, I don’t live. I just exist. :geno:

I lived in Homestead for a few moments a while back. The entirety of south Florida just seems 'present' and in a perpetual state of malaise. The midwest is happier than south florida. Detroit is happier than south florida.

e: mostly, I assume because they will not be watching this most super of the bowl games

Big Beef City fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Feb 7, 2021

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
at long last, the big day is finally here, the day we dont watch the super bowl

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Magicpants posted:

That was yesterday my dude.

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
i'll probably watch some of it

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010

Magicpants posted:

you can not watch the super bowl on any day, magicpants. today is the one day of the year you get to mix things up, in that department

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Paging Doug Marrone

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster

little munchkin posted:

you can not watch the super bowl on any day, magicpants. today is the one day of the year you get to mix things up, in that department

you're right, I've been really good the last 364 days of the year not watching the super bowl, I've earned a cheat day

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

Magicpants posted:

you're right, I've been really good the last 364 days of the year not watching the super bowl, I've earned a cheat day

I've been good the last 370 :smugdog:

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Now that Big Bowl 69 is (thankfully) over, I'm free to turn on my television this afternoon and relax, I do wonder what is on

little munchkin
Aug 15, 2010
you need a super bowl to live

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If I watched the worst Super Bowl ever in the Patriots/Rams, I'm drat sure watching this one and hoping that Patrick Mahomes throws into the god drat sun.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Decided to make nachos after all. So I will be watching. Sadly, had to conjure up some cheese sauce since I was out of good cheese

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

This Super Bowl is gonna be the game of the century despite no one watching it :v:

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mLETOxd_bWI

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
So actually I might end up watching the super bowl a little. Maybe just like the first 10 minutes. And anyway I was reading up on some of the background info for the game. Did you guys know that one of the guys playing in the super bowl has played in 10 super bowls? Is that a lot? It seems like a lot.

Ghost Dog
Aug 17, 2016

sorry for my earlier post im actually going to watch the game and run some red maps at the same time

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
I wish every owner would get COVID.

Quote this if you're down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

what about the pwners.