Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter
Last week a concert was cancelled. I had bought tickets in 2020 about this time, and it was rescheduled to this year. It was the only scheduled thing I had to look forward to, and I have to face the fact that 'unprecedented times' really does mean this year is going to be hard to predict. That's kind of bleak! The truth is, I do have things to look forward to, and I have a measure of control over them.

So with that, I want to share my resolutions and goals for this year and I encourage y'all to do the same. I'm setting my sights lower than normal, but it'll still be good stuff I can do and daydream about on the dimmer days.

1. New steering for the Galaxie. I've got the parts, just need to force the time and cleanup the garage a bit to nail it. And while that's torn apart,
2. Prime and bodywork on fenders, hood and trunk lid. The fenders actually have to be fully painted before they go on and trim mounted due to access, so while I have it off for the steering, let's knock some more work into them. And let's get some other loose sheet metal into the bay too since mixing epoxy primer is an ordeal.
3. Build a shed. I need to move some stuff out of the garage, garden stuff going out would free up a lot of space. This is the big one, and I'm OK failing, since a half built shed is still a clean platform to store the mower and some tires.
4. Have more hangouts with friends! I have my one good friend here and a friend who chats with me online, and a neighbor who likes to chill. I'm going to do that, and prioritize it over the stuff above.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone
Either buy a cheap rwd falcodore to satisfy my desire for car crimes or buy a 4x4 and hit the corners of straya.

cursedshitbox
May 20, 2012

Your rear-end wont survive my hammering.

Fun Shoe
1. avoid getting covid.
1a. if I do get covid, don't die.
2. lose the 5kg I found wandering through 2020.
2a. continue self improvement like years past however unlike 2020
2b. fix my poo poo.

Actual ai related goals? Uhhhh
3. make my stupid farm truck smarter.
4. maybe buy a piece of poo poo rotbox house or raw land to build a massive fuckoff shop on.

Its a low-stress plan this year because fuckit I'm taking a break after the last 5 years.

bolind
Jun 19, 2005

Pillbug
1. Build the loving garage I’ve been talking about for three years. There’s money in the bank and the permit application has been submitted. Let’s do it.

That is all.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
1) Ahahahaha like I’ll get anything done.

I’ve got a solid set of goals this year.
1) Running 20b FD - oh god the work needed.
2) Running Porsche - find $15k to do the build.
3) Running F250- install the massive pile of parts.
4) Decide if I’m keeping the 240z
5) Keep making shop improvements.

sharkytm
Oct 9, 2003

Ba

By

Sharkytm doot doo do doot do doo

Fallen Rib
Where's the link to last year's thread?

I think my 2020 goals included making a baby. Nailed that one, assuming this one takes.

I've got my shop pretty well set up, so there's another goal down.

2021:
1. Finish this loving bathroom remodel that started on new years Eve 2019.
2. New floors upstairs, the carpet is beat.
3. Hire a landscaper to deal with some drainage issues.
4. Gutter guy for gutters.
5. Integrate a Sony A1 into one of more of my products. 50mp and built in Ethernet? Perfect.
6. Learn to be a dad
6a. Don't gently caress up my kid
7. Watch F1 with my mom
8. Support my wife, she's gonna be overwhelmed: first kid and a PhD program.

Here's the 2019 resolutions thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878462

sharkytm fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Feb 1, 2021

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

sharkytm posted:

Where's the link to last year's thread?

I think my 2020 goals included making a baby. Nailed that one, assuming this one takes.

I've got my shop pretty well set up, so there's another goal down.

2021:
1. Finish this loving bathroom remodel that started on new years Eve 2019.
2. New floors upstairs, the carpet is beat.
3. Hire a landscaper to deal with some drainage issues.
4. Gutter guy for gutters.
5. Integrate a Sony A1 into one of more of my products. 50mp and built in Ether net? Perfect.
6. Learn to be a dad
6a. Don't gently caress up my kid
7. Watch F1 with my mom
8. Support my wife, she's gonna be overwhelmed: first kid and a PhD program.

Here's the 2019 resolutions thread: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3878462

I went looking for a 2020 thread and I think since the 19 thread didn't even make a page I figured people don't like it. Which I feel both ways about, always sad if a bunch of stuff couldn't happen but a bright side for stuff that did happen.

I did well in the wrenching department, at the cost of a job and some emotional scarring. And I did my thing on the 19 goals. The Galaxie moved on its own power, I even went around the cul de sac. And I made a radical shift on my painting plan.

Also yesterday I started my shed! That'll be a nice slow motion project.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

I've got a few goals this year but only one that matters: get the race car I bought in summer of 2019 on a drat race track racing at least one time this year and keep my competition license active.

A Small Car
Aug 24, 2016

Keeping it to just AI stuff, I really only have one (perhaps two goals):
1) Maintain 3 fully operational vehicles
2) Work on my drat wagon, get it running, and maintain 4 fully operational vehicles.

Other goals include tearing down the dog run in my backyard, building a base for the sheet metal shed and moving it to where the dog run was, and clearing out the permanent shed to set it up as my tuba workshop (so I can stop working on them in my spare bedroom lol). And maaaaaybe, I'll even finish a tuba this year.

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

No less than five track events (covid risk permitting). All my other hobbies and uh, life things to be worked on are virus hosed and a properly-run motorsport event is pretty safe so let's shred some loving tires.

RIP Paul Walker
Feb 26, 2004

Hopefully it’s not too late, but my goals:

- move back to Portland
- finish unshitboxing the MR2
- make the Volvo and Grand Voyager run properly
- get the courage to do an coolant exhaust gas check on the 330Ci
- pay off the Hyundai

Oh, and most importantly, find parking for all my poo poo and/or sell some of it!

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

RIP Paul Walker posted:

Hopefully it’s not too late, but my goals:

- move back to Portland
- finish unshitboxing the MR2
- make the Volvo and Grand Voyager run properly
- get the courage to do an coolant exhaust gas check on the 330Ci
- pay off the Hyundai

Oh, and most importantly, find parking for all my poo poo and/or sell some of it!

Never too late.

I'm about a quarter done with my shed too! I can't wait to fill it with crap.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedFreek
Jan 10, 2008
And Im Lobster Jesus!
Lets see, I'm down two vehicles since this time last year. Not the direction I wanted to go, If I can knock out two on my list I'll be happy.

Jag - Chase down enough electrical gremlins that it stops being a bastard and put on some decent tires, also new battery. Optional, replacing the bad speakers.
Edit: Its back on the road!

Burban - Figure out the TC lockup issue, new battery, then sell

Buick - Get transmission, swap engine, probably a new battery, tune?

Buell - New tires, new battery. Keep hoping for the time to repaint the bodywork plus add a big bore kit.

SpeedFreek fucked around with this message at 03:54 on May 12, 2021