Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

gary oldmans diary posted:

uh hello? leviticus 11:7 anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES
yeah bitch

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
just had 4 links with cheezy veggie scrumbled eggs for dinner

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
hmm yeah links are one of the best forms of hog. i also like the lips, hooves, and nipples

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zippy the Bummer posted:

so grocery stores throw out shitload billions of tons of food every year, why don't they sell it to hog farmers? hogs can eat most anything, much of which humans cannot eat, and turn it into good quality meat. it's called slop for gently caress's sake. hell, they could just give it away to farmers in exchange for buying the pork that results at a slight premium.

is this a stupid idea?

you might be able to... they feed misprinted skittles to cattle

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

I say it's for the birds, op

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

if you put a small child near a hog would they eat it

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Why would you even take a small child to a hog farm, it's not like they would remember it

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Depends on how hungry the kid is I guess

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hong

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Zippy the Bummer posted:

so grocery stores throw out shitload billions of tons of food every year, why don't they sell it to hog farmers? hogs can eat most anything, much of which humans cannot eat, and turn it into good quality meat. it's called slop for gently caress's sake. hell, they could just give it away to farmers in exchange for buying the pork that results at a slight premium.

is this a stupid idea?

They give it to people here, via local orgs you get old products that have expired or are just about to. Some have been frozen and can have a pretty old expirey-date.

Now when I was in school (grades 1-6) in the late 80s and early 90s, the food the students didn't eat, they said was given to the pigs.

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Vegetable posted:

hogs will eat their own offspring sometimes, or that of other animals, like newborn lambs that accidentally stumble into hog pens

Xaintrailles
Aug 14, 2015

:hellyeah::histdowns:

Vegetable posted:

A pack of ornery hogs can bring down a buffalo.

Szyznyk
Mar 4, 2008

The only thing keeping us free from lawless hog anarchy is my AR-15.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Didn't Joe Exotic get expired poo poo from the local walmarts at a discount for his tigers? I'm pretty sure they made a point that his employees were picking through it and eating the choice pickings from the deliveries.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

hurgue

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grevling
Dec 18, 2016

OP's hog is food for my rear end