Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

My seven-year-old daughter has recently gotten into Pokémon in a somewhat big way. Without compromising her privacy too much, she required some pretty intense medical treatment and as a reward for completing it, we got her a Switch and a couple of games. She's making a kick-rear end island in Animal Crossing but sometimes she needs a break from that, so I just bought her Pokémon Let's Go Eevee. She's smitten with that little furball and is having an absolute blast throwing PokéBalls all over the place and catching dozens of Pidgey. I want to get her a PokéBall Plus, preferably without paying the ridiculous mark-up that resellers are currently charging. Someone here has got one that they're no longer using and is willing to part with it for a reasonable price, right?

I can PayPal immediately once we have a deal worked out. Shipping is to 21771. Happy to do a mask-to-mask deal if you're nearby. Thanks for reading!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

I'll pay for this when the OP find someone, being a sick kid when I was younger sucked and I know how brutal the medical bills can be. So if someone has this for a fair price I'll cover the cost and they can mail to the you.

Madness fucked around with this message at 02:43 on Feb 7, 2021

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Sent OP a PM, I have one that I’m willing to part with.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

Both Madness and ThatWhiteGuy have made very generous offers and it's appreciated more than I can put into words - but I'll try! We've got a pretty great treatment team and my kiddo is making good progress. It's not life-threatening but it is super stressful both for her and for our family, so watching her disappear into a video game and have so much fun with it has been a major relief, a little bit of time here and there where the stress levels subside and my wife and I can focus on our two younger kids. "Big" will be over the moon. So, thank you both.

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

Sent OP a PM, I have one that I’m willing to part with.

Send me your PayPal and what I owe ya. And no problem OP, stay positive and enjoy the little moments.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

ThatWhiteGuy and I have struck a deal over PM wherein he's refused payment but has accepted that I can make a donation to Toys for Tots, so that's what we're gonna do. Thanks again to both of you, you are awesome.

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

Awesome!! Wishing your daughter a speedy recovery!

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

Happy to help! This toy is much better off with a kid than it is with me

Gribble
Nov 16, 2005
Well, this is unexpectedly uplifting!

NuKe-
Dec 7, 2004

I am famous in Japan

Goon generosity is hitting hard during this pandemic and I love reading threads like this.

So kind of you both, what a great read

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
bump cause this thread made me really happy on a rough day.

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

This has been shipped, sent you a PM with a tracking link.

becoming
Aug 25, 2004

I received a package today, and in that package was a smaller package, and in that package was a PokéBall Plus. I tested it out a bit and everything is working as intended. ThatWhiteGuy is a class act and a generous dude, and I am galled that USPS charged that much to ship that small a package!

I showed my kiddo the PokéBall Plus and predictably she was very excited, doing “star jumps” around the house and singing “gotta catch ‘em all” to kinda sorta the right tune. She says she wants to draw you a picture and then went off in an ADD series of tangents of all the possibilities for this picture. (I too have ADD, I am not making fun, more that I can recognize it in her.) Anyway, thank you, and if she gets around to a picture I’ll get it scanned and posted here so anyone invested in the thread can see her handiwork.

I went to the online Toys for Tots box and picked several toys for age groups around hers (4-6 and 7-9 I think they were) and some kiddos in need will be getting some pretty neat toys. After researching more before making the donation, I think Toys for Tots is going into my charity rotation. Really sorry about that rhyme, but not sorry enough to edit it out.

Thanks again ThatWhiteGuy for making my kid’s day, and thanks Madness for being so quick to offer. Artwork incoming, I hope!

BigDumper
Feb 15, 2008

becoming posted:

I received a package today, and in that package was a smaller package, and in that package was a PokéBall Plus. I tested it out a bit and everything is working as intended. ThatWhiteGuy is a class act and a generous dude, and I am galled that USPS charged that much to ship that small a package!

I showed my kiddo the PokéBall Plus and predictably she was very excited, doing “star jumps” around the house and singing “gotta catch ‘em all” to kinda sorta the right tune. She says she wants to draw you a picture and then went off in an ADD series of tangents of all the possibilities for this picture. (I too have ADD, I am not making fun, more that I can recognize it in her.) Anyway, thank you, and if she gets around to a picture I’ll get it scanned and posted here so anyone invested in the thread can see her handiwork.

I went to the online Toys for Tots box and picked several toys for age groups around hers (4-6 and 7-9 I think they were) and some kiddos in need will be getting some pretty neat toys. After researching more before making the donation, I think Toys for Tots is going into my charity rotation. Really sorry about that rhyme, but not sorry enough to edit it out.

Thanks again ThatWhiteGuy for making my kid’s day, and thanks Madness for being so quick to offer. Artwork incoming, I hope!

I’m so happy she likes it! Yeah the Pokeball box is a weird shape where it was just a tad too big for the small priority shipping box so I went the next size up, no worries. If she ever draws that picture you can be sure I’ll be printing out a copy!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

ThatWhiteGuy posted:

I’m so happy she likes it! Yeah the Pokeball box is a weird shape where it was just a tad too big for the small priority shipping box so I went the next size up, no worries. If she ever draws that picture you can be sure I’ll be printing out a copy!

I'll print it also, and put it up in my work shop. I've been there OP i know how she feels and I was happy to offer some help!