Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Angry_Ed posted:

Actually most of those checks were direct deposit and thus didn't have his name on them, in fact if you recall Trump tried to hold up the payments because he wanted to have his name on the checks (that largely didn't exist) and instead settled for a letter that arrived weeks later and was probably promptly thrown out or used as toilet paper in an emergency.

Pretty sure the USPS sent a letter to every American last Spring explaining that the Trump administration had directly deposited $1200 dollars into their bank accounts, but I'm not sure if they did for the second round of stimulus checks. IIRC some people got physical checks for the first round of stimulus under the Trump administration and those checks also had a similar letter/signature with the president's message to them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ghost of RBG posted:

Pretty sure the USPS sent a letter to every American last Spring explaining that the Trump administration had directly deposited $1200 dollars into their bank accounts, but I'm not sure if they did for the second round of stimulus checks. IIRC some people got physical checks for the first round of stimulus under the Trump administration and those checks also had a similar letter/signature with the president's message to them.

Thanks for repeating literally what I just posted, but minus the part where Trump deliberately tried to stall out payments or even cancel them unless he got to pretend to take credit for it.

Ghost of RBG
Sep 21, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Angry_Ed posted:

Thanks for repeating literally what I just posted, but minus the part where Trump deliberately tried to stall out payments or even cancel them unless he got to pretend to take credit for it.

You literally wrote that "most of the checks were direct deposit and thus didn't have his name on them", but the reality is he did put his name on them, and most Americans successfully received that message from the president.

Angry_Ed posted:

Actually most of those checks were direct deposit and thus didn't have his name on them....

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

DoomTrainPhD posted:

No poo poo, but to the average person, they saw Trump's name on the check, and he was president at the time. Therefore, they will think that the GOP gave them more money than the Dems. But hey, you can go to each individual house and explain that "no actually, the Dems gave you more money!" to them.

So when you posted this:

DoomTrainPhD posted:

The GOP sent out $1200 and $600 checks to people.

Was that just in complete bad faith then?

Why are you here trumpeting a line that on the same page you admit is complete bullshit?

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Ghost of RBG posted:

You literally wrote that "most of the checks were direct deposit and thus didn't have his name on them", but the reality is he did put his name on them, and most Americans successfully received that message from the president.

If something was direct deposited it is not something he signed how are you not getting that. And "successfully recieved that message" is only by the metric of it being mailed to them, not that they actually read, or didn't immediately shred it, or wipe their rear end with it . But of course that can't be measured.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
impeachment over, thread not discussing impeachment, thread not posting especially well, closing thread