Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
Shiozaki/Muto might go really long and that is really loving scary.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

BTF posted:

Shiozaki/Muto might go really long and that is really loving scary.

The shortest match of this title reign was 28 minutes with Akitoshi loving Saito. This match was always very likely going 30 bare minimum.

(The last time Saito had a match rated as highly as that match with Go was against Kenta Kobashi in 2004. Go is a miracle worker)

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 11:20 on Feb 12, 2021

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I liked it. Great way to sell Kenoh's kicks as a match-ending threat

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Patch of white hair on Mutoh's chest is weird. It's the Budokan mother fucker, couldn't you shave?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

It's great that Yuko Miyamoto has a free ringside spot & hasn't even had to wrestle. Lucky bastard

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I've counted 7 "gently caress"s from Mutoh so far.

Edit: 14

Pylons fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Feb 12, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

I've counted 7 "gently caress"s from Mutoh so far.

Edit: 14

Really does have a filthy mouth.

Go should chop it out of him

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Really does have a filthy mouth.

Go should chop it out of him

I'm up to 20 now, including one "motherfucker"

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Pylons posted:

I'm up to 20 now, including one "motherfucker"

Shouting motherfucker makes the Shining Wizard more powerful

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I bit on that one.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Mutoh looks like he can't believe he just stole Misawa's move

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

MUTOH YOU WILL loving DIE

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

loving HELL

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

A top rope Emerald Flowsion is a move that should exist only in videogames

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

They loving kid it. Man.

Mutoh looks like he wasn't meant to win.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

NO

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

HOLY gently caress

BTF
Oct 15, 2019

I love Matt Taven
gently caress this company.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

I mean for a guy who became the 3rd man to win the top titles in the 3 top promotions in Japan, he's not exactly overjoyed.

Still though, I thought that was a very good match. I just hope it's a short, transitional reign because Mutoh against anyone but an absolute wizard like Go could be disastrous.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

BTF posted:

gently caress this company.

Eh, it's playing into the story. Kaito Kiyomiya lost to Mutoh back in August. Now he gets his win back.

Maybe even as soon as the Yokohama Budokan show this month (pure guess work by me).

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Feb 12, 2021

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

That definitely would've been much worse if the match had been poo poo on top of it, but I can't even lie, that match was loving great.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1360182854244835329?s=20

I congratulate NOAH for finally booking a Kenoh match I'm not into.

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
Heavily pushed Ace loses championship to 58 year old legend way past his prime in biggest show of the year.....are we sure wwe didn't purchase them?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Stall_19 posted:

Heavily pushed Ace loses championship to 58 year old legend way past his prime in biggest show of the year.....are we sure wwe didn't purchase them?

Yes because this has more to it than just old guy beats ace. One, Go being walking wounded for months has been a pushed story. Two, Kaito Kiyomiya is challenging him to take back his loss. If Kaito loses then sure, we can write it off, but as a transitional champion it's fine.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Go can also win the N-1 this year as a personal story since he's never won it, the G1, or the Champions Carnival. I think?

Pylons fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Feb 12, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

If NOAH was on too early for you or while you were at work & you, for some perverse reason don't have a Wrestle Universe sub, you can watch the 5 big matches for free on Abema!

https://twitter.com/Hi5ame/status/1360212644741980161?s=20

(Or you can get a Wrestle Universe sub & watch them with English commentary)

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Finally watching this after work, and I can't decide who has the worst gear in Stinger. Obviously HAYATA's half leg garbage pants are bad, but i'm harboring special hatred of Ogawa's zebra print shorts with his full name on the back. He's had them forever and i've never liked them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

That is sacrilege, Ogawa's zebra shorts are high art, HAYATA actually going out & getting new gear & he can still only afford 1 & a half legs though? That's tragic.