Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

After the worst year of my life I’ve been thinking, as I start to get back on my feet, about new cars. I still have my stupid M3 race car and a boring Cooper S. BUT, and it’s a pretty big but (lol), I want more. The ultimate aim of this thread is for me to get to a 720S. Via a 997 Turbo. And discover some interesting forgotten gems along the way.

So my question to you guys is: How would you do it? The more interesting way the better.

Let’s say you start with something reasonable like 10-15k in cash. You’re looking for cars that won’t lose money, and will potentially gain money over 6months to a year. Your jumps can be approx 10k between cars and the aim is fun and profit. Of course the cars are good assets so this makes more sense on my head than purely saving for ages and is a lot more fun but still safe if I do need to liquidise at any point.

I’ve been looking at trends and feel like I’ve missed the boat on the E46M now. But potentially an E90M is about due to start increasing. Then there’s the rise of 996s. Do you think it will continue? It’s the ugliest imho but I’m not sure what the general public think. Alternatively there’s options like 106/306 rallyes. How high can they go as they start to get rarer and rarer? Old golf GTIs? Clio V6 at some point?

My current thinking is:

E90 15k
997 C2S in a weird spec 25k (could I import something like a viper at this point?)
R8 manual V8/M3 CSL 35k
997 Turbo 45k
Ferrari 360 55k
997 GT3 65k
???
Something like a Balboni Gallardo in here maybe. Getting so rare.
720S 120k

Realistically I’ll probably stop at the turbo. But I think the game is possible. And fun.

Hopefully you guys will have some interesting ideas. And hopefully I’ll be able to start the real version relatively soon. This is probably the most man maths my brain has ever been but I need something to occupy my brain while I can’t sleep.

Bape Culture fucked around with this message at 18:08 on Feb 12, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU