Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wish I liked ODD or ODG but they're so unfun lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

doctorfrog
Mar 14, 2007

Great.

I very enthusiastically picked up one deck dungeon as a physical rogue like, but man, is it an unfun experience. My kid was three though and she got to flip the cards over (knocking on the door graphic first), so it got a fair amount of play.

DRINK ME
Jul 31, 2006
i cant fix avs like this because idk the bbcode - HTML IS BS MAN
Maybe it’s just me that likes ODD, I’ve played a fair bit of it grinding up characters to eke out wins. It can be a bitch at times but I really like it.

Unrelated to that, this came through in a Backerkit email today, it’s on the expensive side for a solo rpg but looks slick. Maybe getting the digital version but still thinking it through.
Astroprisma
Astroprisma is a solo sci-fi rpg about space exploration and faction conflict set in a retrofuturistic universe.
The player’s goal is to explore the entirety of the Star System Map, a 36-tile hexcrawl in the shape of a star system.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

That looks fantastic, thanks for the link!

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

I've started to design my own solo pen-and-paper dungeon crawlers (e.g. Four Against Darkness, D100 Dungeon, 2D6 Dungeon).

I plan for them to be free. I post them on itch.io, but is there some other way I should promote them?

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Got the Backerkit survey for Sundered Isles and immediately got the pdfs.

My man Shawn ain't fuckin' around.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Glad to see more people about to dig into Sundered Isles. Now that its in (mostly) complete shape, I think I'll finally get back into playing it more regularly. I had poked at it a few times over the last half-year and basically completed a couple dangerous vows that essentially made a "prologue" of sorts as I worked my way towards obtaining a ship in the narrative and purchasing the Flagship asset. I have however, poked at making a few supplemental things such as pouring over old ship draughts and creating a design for my ship based on a ~1720 Establishment British 20-gun 5th-rate frigate.

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Apr 24, 2024

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
I love that and I'm a huge Age of Sail nerd. I'm digging into this tonight whee

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
I've posted this in Trad Games chat but I figured people here would benefit from it as well.

If you ever wanted a small continent to be generated with towns, inns, NPCs, factions, dungeons and more with OSR statistics, try the FREE generator Hexroll, 2nd edition. I am very impressed.

https://hexroll.app/

Everything is hyperlinked so you can explore relationships between things.

For example I examined the town of Millrock and looked at a Baker there, expecting baked goods. Evidently the Baker Aurelianus is a member of the faction The Dark Wyverns, a syndicate conspiring to collect protection money for an unknown purpose based in a different town. Also Aurelianus has received a mysterious box and is afraid to open it. Could the box be from The Dark Wyverns ordering the Baker to do something nefarious and the Baker wants out of the organization? Instant plot hooks.

It also describes dungeons, area by area. This is a dungeon adjacent to Millrock called The Temple of Infernal Pits. Random encounters include rats and harpies.

In addition, the generator was made so that NPCs generate quests (find a missing person, or find my armor/weapon) and those quest persons/items are integrated into dungeon sites. Here is an example:

Hexroll also claims to have a VTT integrated into it's dungeon map.

I can see this being very useful for Solo roleplaying.

Also there is the possiblity of modding this program. Guidebook is here: https://docs.hexroll.app/

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

HopperUK posted:

I love that and I'm a huge Age of Sail nerd. I'm digging into this tonight whee

Thanks. It was fun and educational to poke through old draughts and do some research on various things. I learned what a “light room” is,for example, and other various fine details about ship design and life/working on a ship. Even more fun was realizing just how much stuff I already knew thanks to reading Aubrey/Maturin series books. :v:

Though ofc like every other time I post that image, looking over it again a bit later I immediately spot obvious errors I somehow missed earlier…

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark
Anyone else who got the 5 parsecs from home compendium and bug hunt pdfs, they should be sending you an email for a download of the compendium with the expansion packs included. Still no word about physical copies.

Also:
Is there a solo rpg with big naval battles? Can be sci fi, realistic, or fantasy battles.
Edit: saw sundered isles, lol. I'm thinking less individual ship control more big battles.

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

chainchompz posted:

Anyone else who got the 5 parsecs from home compendium and bug hunt pdfs, they should be sending you an email for a download of the compendium with the expansion packs included. Still no word about physical copies.

Weren't these supposed to be sent out in March? I found the book+shipping costs to be pretty high, and then they can't even get it out within a month of their scheduled date? I sure do get at least two marketing emails from them a week, but nothing on the things I've actually purchased.
It's a bad look.

chainchompz
Jul 15, 2021

bark bark

Beast Pussy posted:

Weren't these supposed to be sent out in March? I found the book+shipping costs to be pretty high, and then they can't even get it out within a month of their scheduled date? I sure do get at least two marketing emails from them a week, but nothing on the things I've actually purchased.
It's a bad look.

Yeah I'm getting a ton of ads from them as well. Still awaiting my dang physical copy.
At this rate I'm tempted to go through the trouble to print the friggin pdfs to have a physical copy.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

Beast Pussy posted:

It's a bad look.

I thought the shipping window for it was always early May for Bug Hunt and early June for County Road Z

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Cthulu Carl posted:

I thought the shipping window for it was always early May for Bug Hunt and early June for County Road Z

So I just double-checked, and the website said April 2024 initially, but I got an innocuously titled (VIA Modiphius Winter Collection Update) email a couple of weeks ago saying it was delayed. I retract my statements on both fronts.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

The other important thing to note with Modiphius: if the shipping is extreme, you're not on the right site.

When I ordered Captain's Log, the shipping was like the same amount as the price of the loving book, and then I noticed the big red banner about the US store. Turns out that modiphius.net is like the UK site and to get US shipping, you have to go to modiphius.us

Beast Pussy
Nov 30, 2006

You are dark inside

Well, that's a huge disappointment. I would've saved about $20 on that. But I'll keep that in mind for next time.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's a red banner at the top of the page

but it's easy to miss that since it's also showing you USD prices, and I guess that's because stock may be different between the two sites and some folks might want to buy something from the UK store that's out of stock in the US.

Really they should merge the stores and just show you where things are in stock and what the shipping cost would be, while you shop. Plenty of super old webstores have been able to do that for decades now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Leperflesh posted:

There's a red banner at the top of the page

but it's easy to miss that since it's also showing you USD prices, and I guess that's because stock may be different between the two sites and some folks might want to buy something from the UK store that's out of stock in the US.

Really they should merge the stores and just show you where things are in stock and what the shipping cost would be, while you shop. Plenty of super old webstores have been able to do that for decades now.

Yeah, plus they are using Shopify which does this seamlessly. Must be some kind of tax thing.