Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

StratGoatCom posted:

I can tell you straight off the bat that vaccine resistance is unlikely to be an issue because the vaccine immunity works differently then natural, and targets features which essentially any feasible variant of the virus must have to work.

What is likely to cause issues with in person 2022 voting is that the distribution infrastructure is a basket case, and that bungled reopening I mentioned.
lol

Anyways, I predict that over the next coming months and in the summer in particular people will stop getting vaccinated, because the perception conveyed by msm and the authorities is that COVID is over and people still don't trust the vaccines. In the fall there will be a large resurgence of variants exhibiting immune escape (natural or vaccine induced), initially the powers that be will assure everyone that it is the final stage of a virus burning itself out. With overflowing morgues the talking point shifts directly from "COVID is over", to "COVID is endemic", the vaccine isn't working and it is time for some personal responsibility.

The checks will come out May 1st, but the cash part will be reduced to 600 and the rest will be "cash equivalent" e.g. tax cuts/healthcare vouchers/direct deposit to creditors/landlords. When you think about it, if you owe a bank 600 dollars and I give the bank 650 to clear your debt, it is the same as you getting 600 dollars extra.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

they slow-roll the $1400 to the extent that by the time they're "ready" for it there's "enough" vaccinations (the perception of enough vaccinations) that the Biden administration determines we no longer need the handout because covid is over and we can all get back to work.
They do this before we're anywhere near sufficient vaccine coverage so we get a late summer hit and a very deadly winter 2021-22 wave but it, and the deaths from it, are all dismissed as qanon trumpers who thought the vaccine was a deep state conspiracy, and media people on twitter will wink about how, well y'know... maybe it's not a bad thing all those trumpers died for not loving loving science!!! haha sorry im so bad ;) ;) ;)

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

StratGoatCom posted:

I can tell you straight off the bat that vaccine resistance is unlikely to be an issue because the vaccine immunity works differently then natural, and targets features which essentially any feasible variant of the virus must have to work.

b.1.153 and two brazilian variants have spike protein mutations

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

major famine

bernie kicks it

scottish independence ref passes, but never happens

referring to "cages" becomes probatable

we bomb some iranian interest or sink one of their ships

the mods will be bad

not in 2021 obv but at least one bidens sotus will be prerecorded

ducklo will NOT be embedded (but will make a special guest reappearance)

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Breakfast All Day posted:

ducklo will NOT be embedded (but will make a special guest reappearance)

ahh the ducklo swan song

more of a hacking cough, really, when you're dying from metastatic lung cancer

Pentecoastal Elites
Feb 27, 2007

Breakfast All Day posted:

referring to "cages" becomes probatable

immediately suffused with a bone-deep knowledge that this will come to pass

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

dems innovative new rethinking of immigration reform is just going to be straight up second class citizenship mixed with nationwide prop 22 where you can stay in the country so long as you have a gig job

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
We're going to be loving up Venezuela at some point, but probably not until 2022-23. Its also not going to be a big sexy Jungle Storm-kind of invasion but a boring, lame Obamaesque drones-and-black-ops affair ugh come on biden get me my cnn footage of brown people being executed

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

eggs will stop hatching but we'll still get more chickens somehow

Monowhatever
Mar 19, 2010

Biden gonna start a hot war then fall over dead from covid-20.

Impkins Patootie
Apr 20, 2017

Pentecoastal Elites posted:

immediately suffused with a bone-deep knowledge that this will come to pass

The Pussy Boss
Nov 2, 2004

libs will get more and more deranged as Biden becomes harder to defend

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

JesusFists posted:

Kissinger is gonna stay alive one more year; my death tontine date doesn't come up until my birthday 2022 :colbert:

lol cool

Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
was gonna say blackface scandal revival but thats probably more of a 2022 thing

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

'24 is a Trump/Biden rematch

Trump is a bit low energy (sad!) and Biden wins again despite there being a bit of gray area on whether or not he is clinically alive

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
Narendra Modi will be assassinated

THS
Sep 15, 2017

china will grow larger

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy