Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

My entire Metaphor party will have the Gamer archetype

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Through The Decade
Mar 3, 2010

BANANA?!?!?

Ytlaya posted:

It's kind of funny how literally low-energy the updated lyrics are

"If you wanna go ahead...I'm just gonna be chilling on my bed :smith:"

He’s minding his biz, so mind your own biz. Whatever life gives.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
I’m having technical issues with P5R on PC and this thread is my only hope. The game played fine for 60 hours and now suddenly the camera position always points up and will always go back once adjusted manually.

I did some googling and people recommended uninstalling something called vjoy, but I don’t have that on my PC.

I’ve also experimented with different controllers and a keyboard, with the same bad results so I don’t think it’s related to the input.

Any ideas?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Listening to the P3R soundtrack on Spotify, the new Mass Destruction is growing on me a bit, but both new versions of Burn My Dread just don't work at all. The new vocalist just doesn't have the power and edge to her voice for that song. She's perfect for the new tracks (I absolutely cannot stop listening to Color Your Night) but Burn My Dread just doesn't work, sadly.

God the new tracks are good as gently caress though.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Sunk Dunk posted:

I’m having technical issues with P5R on PC and this thread is my only hope. The game played fine for 60 hours and now suddenly the camera position always points up and will always go back once adjusted manually.

I did some googling and people recommended uninstalling something called vjoy, but I don’t have that on my PC.

I’ve also experimented with different controllers and a keyboard, with the same bad results so I don’t think it’s related to the input.

Any ideas?

Extremely dumb idea that you probably thought of, but could you have a second controller connected?

I've definitely left my arcade stick plugged in and got very confused as to why a game was acting weird

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021

Weird Pumpkin posted:

Extremely dumb idea that you probably thought of, but could you have a second controller connected?

I've definitely left my arcade stick plugged in and got very confused as to why a game was acting weird

That's a good callout but I don't think that's it. I actually had that happen to me when I had a racing wheel plugged in and it took me an embarrassingly long time to figure it out.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Harrow posted:

Listening to the P3R soundtrack on Spotify, the new Mass Destruction is growing on me a bit, but both new versions of Burn My Dread just don't work at all. The new vocalist just doesn't have the power and edge to her voice for that song. She's perfect for the new tracks (I absolutely cannot stop listening to Color Your Night) but Burn My Dread just doesn't work, sadly.

The Reload singer almost has the tenor of a Vocaloid on the verses of Burn My Dread, she's not emoting at all, it's a very odd choice

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Arist posted:

The Reload singer almost has the tenor of a Vocaloid on the verses of Burn My Dread, she's not emoting at all, it's a very odd choice

Yeah she sounds incredible on tracks like Color Your Night but there's like some disconnect going on with Burn My Dread, like nobody even gave vocal direction almost.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Harrow posted:

Same for When the Moon's Reaching Out Stars IMO. That one bugs me just because of how frequently it plays + how much I liked the original.

In the end I still stuck with the new tracks, since the OST mod I tried had wonky balancing where the new and original tracks had drastically different volumes (and I didn't want to lose the new tracks).

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Took about 90 hours to finish, but P3R was pretty fun overall. Managed to max out all social links this time too.

A lot of 3’s S-Links kind of suck though. Plus, I was disappointed that it still has the “not nearly enough non-school S-Links or night activities to do in Dec/Jan” problem. Gameplay was pretty good, liked the QoL features and a lot of bosses like Strega and the final boss got some pretty neat glow-ups.

All of the new music tracks were bangers but the remixes of old songs were pretty hit or miss for me. I’m still not quite sure how I feel on the new Burn My Dread.

I do want to see how The Answer goes with this new voice cast; a lot of them really grew on me and some were way better than the OG cast. I actually really like New Yukari quite a bit

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Ytlaya posted:

Same for When the Moon's Reaching Out Stars IMO. That one bugs me just because of how frequently it plays + how much I liked the original.

In the end I still stuck with the new tracks, since the OST mod I tried had wonky balancing where the new and original tracks had drastically different volumes (and I didn't want to lose the new tracks).

Ah, I was wondering about a mod like that. I'm playing on PS5 so no mods here, but I would've been tempted by that if I was on PC.

MechaX posted:

I do want to see how The Answer goes with this new voice cast; a lot of them really grew on me and some were way better than the OG cast. I actually really like New Yukari quite a bit

Yeah in general I really like the new voice cast. I like Heather Gonzalez's take on Yukari a lot--she's still recognizable as Yukari, just with a different take on her character, which I think works just fine. Zeno Robinson brings some great energy to Junpei, too.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

I got used to new yukari eventually, though I still prefer old yukari

shockingly the one new voice that i actually have a solidly negative opinion on is ryoji. old ryoji had some really raw deliveries that basically made scenes for me and the new one never breaks out of the detached monotone for anything

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Harrow posted:

Ah, I was wondering about a mod like that. I'm playing on PS5 so no mods here, but I would've been tempted by that if I was on PC.

It's a bit of a pain in the rear end to set up. You need to install this modding framework and then go through and remove all tracks you don't want replaced from this directory of music files.

I'm not sure why the modder was seemingly incapable of balancing the audio, though. The updates even mention improving/fixing the balancing, but it was very obviously not fixed. You'd suddenly be hit with extremely loud or soft tracks.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Sunk Dunk posted:

I don’t know why I keep playing these games when they all wreck me emotionally for at least a week after I’m finished. Even the happy ending of P4G wrecked me

Yeah, I definitely feel that with 4G's ending. I'm always sad to say goodbye to those characters and the dynamic they have, and I catch myself humming "Never More" for days on end.:allears:

cock hero flux posted:

shockingly the one new voice that i actually have a solidly negative opinion on is ryoji. old ryoji had some really raw deliveries that basically made scenes for me and the new one never breaks out of the detached monotone for anything

I noticed that myself! It was a directing choice, I think, and not a very good one. It made me kind of glad that we didn't get a FemC option, since I really loved Ryoji's SL and I'd hate to see how this voice actor would handle it.

Majorian fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Apr 26, 2024

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

It's a bit of a pain in the rear end to set up. You need to install this modding framework and then go through and remove all tracks you don't want replaced from this directory of music files.

I'm not sure why the modder was seemingly incapable of balancing the audio, though. The updates even mention improving/fixing the balancing, but it was very obviously not fixed. You'd suddenly be hit with extremely loud or soft tracks.

If the modding experience is similar to P5, then it's because music volume for replacement tracks is decided apparently at random by the game, and balancing audio is a tedious process of hearing them all in game to know how loudly/quietly they've decided to play, and even then the battle tracks are all half as loud as they should be regardless of how you've processed it. I remember P5 having a mod that let you set the volume levels for individual tracks to alleviate this issue, don't know if Reload has anything similar.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
My finals days in P3 Reload:

Well I have ten days left, 6 unfulfilled social links and I may be able to get 3 of them done. I have no idea where I screwed up cause I'm supposed to have plenty of time. Oh well.

Question about The Sun arcana completion:

WTF was that? He is dying but then just...poofs? Was he some god? Was he a variation of the Biblical Witness?

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

Diabetic posted:

My finals days in P3 Reload:

Well I have ten days left, 6 unfulfilled social links and I may be able to get 3 of them done. I have no idea where I screwed up cause I'm supposed to have plenty of time. Oh well.

Question about The Sun arcana completion:

WTF was that? He is dying but then just...poofs? Was he some god? Was he a variation of the Biblical Witness?

The common interpretation seems to be that he died at some earlier point, probably not long after finishing his story, and his spirit gave you his notebook. Personally, I took his vanishing to be figurative, in that he "should" have been dead already but hung on long enough to finish the story, and once he gave you his book he passed away shortly after.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

ajkalan posted:

The common interpretation seems to be that he died at some earlier point, probably not long after finishing his story, and his spirit gave you his notebook. Personally, I took his vanishing to be figurative, in that he "should" have been dead already but hung on long enough to finish the story, and once he gave you his book he passed away shortly after.

Yeah your interpretation matches mine. In the portable version (and possibly original/FES?) the screen briefly turns black and you get the message ”Akinari disappeared into the afternoon sunlight,” which I really love.

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
Close to the end of P3 Reload myself, and I should be able to get every link except Fortune done. Unfortunately I forgot about Winter vacation and ultimately did not have time to clear all the links. I can definitely see where I could have gained link time though, I wasted some school days on Maiko and the old couple and failed to open some links in a timely manner. I also focused a little too much on maxing Academics early in the game, when I could have used that time for night events, especially ones for Fuuka and Yukari to give me more points for their links.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Persona 3 writers were like “you know what Caesar was associated with? Electricity powers.”

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Persona 3 character designers were like "you know what Caesar was associated with? A little guy in his chest who piloted him like a mech"

And they were right

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Harrow posted:

Yeah in general I really like the new voice cast. I like Heather Gonzalez's take on Yukari a lot--she's still recognizable as Yukari, just with a different take on her character, which I think works just fine. Zeno Robinson brings some great energy to Junpei, too.

Robinson is honestly a perfect Junpei, I couldn't think of anything that the old one could do better (so, good riddance).

Fuuka got better just by being able to emote more. Ken too instead of mostly being remembered for 'please help me!'. Aigis would be a marked improvement just for replacing the VA, but I think the new one brings more life to her.

Yukari/Mitsuru are pretty close to their originals, I think Ruff was a slightly better Yukari but honestly Gonzalez is like 90% there.

I know Akihiko was the most divisive one from previews but I think it's a good spin on it. And I think Saab actually works for him, even though O'Brien was better at showcasing the 'overeager punch fight man' part, and had the better breakdown over Shinji.

Shinjiro's the only one that I think felt like a slight downgrade. The gruffness works but the more emotional parts fall a bit weaker.

Prowler
May 24, 2004

Sunk Dunk posted:

Do you have Steam open in the background?

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
I finished P3 Reload last night. The rendition of Burn My Dread was nothing like the original that I listened to just because it sounded good before I even played P3.

I feel like the game needed more streamlining story wise because there are times where you can't really do anything because you maxed out your personality traits and the weekend portions didn't really impact regular social links unless the link specifically occurs on the weekend and vacation times just improve links you can't really level up. To myself, I felt like the story could have wrapped up in October as November - late game you can't do a whole lot.

I enjoyed the dungeon crawling a lot though but the difficulty is not there on medium, you definitely got to bump it up.

Also if you want to min/max social links just don't even pay attention to the online connection suggestions lol

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Diabetic posted:

I enjoyed the dungeon crawling a lot though but the difficulty is not there on medium, you definitely got to bump it up.

Yeah I'm on Merciless and after the first major boss, the difficulty feels like it's around where P5R was on Hard. I imagine Normal doesn't put up a fight at all.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

Harrow posted:

Yeah I'm on Merciless and after the first major boss, the difficulty feels like it's around where P5R was on Hard. I imagine Normal doesn't put up a fight at all.

The final dungeon area I was level 80 and the standard enemies are running from me, I didn't grind in any way, I often ran just to get through areas and still ended that way.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Baofu deez nuts :troll:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
Ken's theurgy is like an "I Win" button lol, i can't imagine that changing on merciless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Ken's Theurgy is excellent, especially on Monad bosses, but I still phased him out for Yukari at the end of the game because it doesn't status cleanse.

Then again, the two actually work fine together on the same team; Yukari amps up Ken's damage with her own Theurgy, and they're both functional damage dealers if one of them needs to tap their heal button. It also means Yukari using her Theurgy isn't an opportunity cost button if the party needs to heal, since Ken can cover her.