Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
I hope our clients like getting stoned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Michael likes being stoned first thing out of the door, so yeah at least one does.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

It is this thread's destiny: the megacloset.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.

Omobono posted:

The all corners roll returns, with a vengeance.
For those who have missed the Railroad Ink LP:
https://i.imgur.com/dZSTfaj.mp4
That, too, has come about at the very end of the LP and has messed a lot of people's plans :v:

eliasswift
Jan 12, 2021

Now, let's count up your sins!

You know, I was really hoping for more doors. My house is gonna look like the Pac-Man maze by the end of this.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

With that many stones i can finish my moat :) a good roll

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

We need the equivalent of the shrimp = small pastry avatar, but for ambulances and their mysteries now.
Friendly reminder that the deadline to submit your Blueprint is in about 24h!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

My lore is flanned, if the game is not ended I can end it at ANY TIME (given dice)

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

My lore is flanned, if the game is not ended I can end it at ANY TIME (given dice)

We all can (given dice)

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I can't. However, I already won in terrible art points

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I'm still missing 2 submissions (Namtab and Jothan). I'll allow one more day for it since there was a major holiday during the last weekend, and that may have influenced things :)

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Round 4 dice sets posted:

Round 4A

Round 4B

Round 4C

Round 4 Blueprints posted:

The Torch Thief Commons - AtomikKrab

Le Tour De Slaan - Slaan

Vandelay Industries - CirclMastr
NOTE: CirclMaster has been arrested after committing an ancient and forbidden architectural move in Round 2.

Edilizia La Qualunque - Omobono

Vandis Hills - eliasswift

The Sighence Lab - (Household Ink) Sighence

Amine Apartments - Namtab

Luna Heights - ArashiKurobara

Poor Flan - Phelddagrif

Random Appreciation of Client Kabbala while Under Pressure for POINTS - berryjon

Drywall Disaster - Jothan

Clients posted:

Michael (Rules clarification HERE)

Emilia (Rules clarification HERE)

Sammy Vee (Rules clarification HERE)

Round 5 dice sets posted:

Round 5A

Sudden Death: if someone is able to finish in 5A, the game ends here.

Go wild! Deadline is a week from now (but may be shorter, depending on what happens/when I receive all the submissions)!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:13 on Apr 7, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

We're in sudden death mode! Since the game will end whenever someone can complete 6 Demands, this will probably be the last Round/Phase. If anyone has completed all Demands after this, please post itt about it. If not, we'll continue to 5B in the next update

I have a wildcard bonus available and I need a window to complete a second full house request :v:

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Do you miss the window after or before applying the wildcard bonus?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I would need a 3 to put a window in the lounge, so i cant win on round 5A. I would achieve Hot Tub and finish with 33 points and a moat.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Omobono posted:

I have a wildcard bonus available and I need a window to complete a second full house request :v:

It looks like you used both of your wildcard bonuses, one in round 2B and one in round 4B. The free one is just using one of the two at any point isnt it?

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

EDIT: I can count good.

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 13:12 on Apr 7, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

That Italian Guy posted:

Do you miss the window after or before applying the wildcard bonus?

Before.
I finish 5A

Namtab posted:

It looks like you used both of your wildcard bonuses, one in round 2B and one in round 4B. The free one is just using one of the two at any point isnt it?

It's a free bonus, why would it influence the two unlockable ones?

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Ignore basically every post i made because i don't know the rules lol

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Alright, game ends officially on Round 5A, so if you by any chance got your hands on 5B and 5C, please ignore them :P

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

I am executing justice and finishing on 5A as well.

Omo is going to come out ahead on points though.

AtomikKrab fucked around with this message at 14:24 on Apr 7, 2021

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

I have succeeded most of all, though, in making the most ugly beautiful blueprint of all even if it doesn't score many points

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Friendly reminder that the deadline to submit your Blueprint is in about 24h!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

I've forgot we've moved last weeks deadline by one day, so today is the last day to submit your Blueprints :)

The good news is that I'm only missing one!

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Round 5 dice sets posted:

Round 5A

Round 5B

Round 5C

Clients posted:

Michael (Rules clarification HERE)

Emilia (Rules clarification HERE)

Sammy Vee (Rules clarification HERE)

I had to tinker a bit with the format for the last image - mostly to keep tally up the final points. This means the artistic integrity of some of your masterpieces have been compromised. I am ready for the

Round 5 Blueprints posted:

The Torch Thief Commons - AtomikKrab

Le Tour De Slaan - Slaan

Vandelay Industries - CirclMastr
NOTE: CirclMaster has been arrested after committing an ancient and forbidden architectural move in Round 2.

Edilizia La Qualunque - Omobono

Vandis Hills - eliasswift

The Sighence Lab - (Household Ink) Sighence

Amine Apartments - Namtab

Luna Heights - ArashiKurobara

Poor Flan - Phelddagrif

Random Appreciation of Client Kabbala while Under Pressure for POINTS - berryjon

Drywall Disaster - Jothan

After a long deliberation, here's what the judges have decided:

Goongratulations to Omobono who, after a last second defeat in the Railroad Ink LP, has managed to decisively close the game with a good lead beat the competition by a narrow margin (thanks for the correction on the Door Bonus rule). An honorable mention to Namtab - they have promised us a moat, and we got a moat. Also to Sighence for A) submitting their updates through Google Sheets of all mediums and B) doing so on the MOBILE version at that.

Thanks to everyone for taking part in this game, I hope you had fun!

That Italian Guy fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Apr 14, 2021

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Thoughts:

1) Requests uber alles. With our client spread, the :perfect: bonus wasn't really worth it; 5 points for a Closet, Washroom and Kitchen? Not worth it in my opinion, especially since a 2-value roll is worth door points and the requests also wanted trees and windows.
The rule could be possibly worth it if our clients had less overlap in room requests. I'd think about it if the clients wanted 3 extra room types in addition to the starting Living room.

2) By the same account, the Sims rule was a trap. A door opening into a stone is already a point and everyone is getting the same amount of twos. Drop all doors towards stones (or potential stones) and rack up the points that way. That 2x2 roll was worth 4 points on its own as doors. (Although I think I wildcarded it to a 3x2 bedroom roll)

Maybe the rule has stronger teeth with the other layout clients.

3) Thus, any roll that doesn't get one closer to a request can be safely wildcarded away. Redundant 2 rolls can be kept for extra doors but they're not that important.

4) The double room bonus is situational (I ended up not using it) but more powerful than the others, since it is worth two dice instead of 1.
Wildcard bonuses give you an extra die by converting an useless one into an useful one; the double feature bonus doubles an useful die; the door bonus is straight up an extra 2-value die.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

TiG you gave omobono 7 extra points, its 1 point PER ROOM not 1 point per door, leading out to stone. 4 rooms with stone doors = 4 points.

Omo still wins but not that much.

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

AtomikKrab posted:

TiG you gave omobono 7 extra points, its 1 point PER ROOM not 1 point per door, leading out to stone. 4 rooms with stone doors = 4 points.

I have, somehow, been able to misread that rule every single time I've played (and apparently I'm not alone) :psyduck:

But yeah, even at 48 points Omobono wins - although it would have been really weird if his "last moment second place" curse had struck again :v:

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

For pasta~! CHARGE!

AtomikKrab posted:

Welp.

That Italian Guy posted:

I have, somehow, been able to misread that rule every single time I've played (and apparently I'm not alone) :psyduck:

But yeah, even at 48 points Omobono wins - although it would have been really weird if his "last moment second place" curse had struck again :v:

Yeeahhh.
Glad I'm still first, but that explains why people were not dropping doors into stones everywhere.

Sighence
Aug 26, 2009

You missed my fourth door, hiding over on the right for that sweet outdoor closet action. It doesn't wind up actually mattering but I invite you to forget having to go walk around the outside of your house every day to get to your closet. :colbert:

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Ah, so an... Open air, naturalistic concept then?

Tres chic

That Italian Guy
Jul 25, 2012

Sighence posted:

You missed my fourth door, hiding over on the right for that sweet outdoor closet action. It doesn't wind up actually mattering but I invite you to forget having to go walk around the outside of your house every day to get to your closet. :colbert:
I have to admit I was taken aback by the Kitchen that can only be accessed by a triple window.

ArashiKurobara
Mar 22, 2013
That was a lot of fun, thank you! Pleased enough to just to have avoided making a fool of myself. =P

berryjon
May 30, 2011

I have an invasion to go to.
Hah! Maximum Bonus Points! ~victorydance.gif~

I was too busy building a home to live in that I failed to make the same points/request jump the winner did in Round 3. Oh well, I'll just enjoy my beach-side house with all the amenities, including a patio/hot tub that faces out over the water. A few more additions, such as windows, maybe some double-doors, and it'll be awesome!

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

berryjon posted:

Hah! Maximum Bonus Points! ~victorydance.gif~

I was too busy building a home to live in that I failed to make the same points/request jump the winner did in Round 3. Oh well, I'll just enjoy my beach-side house with all the amenities, including a patio/hot tub that faces out over the water. A few more additions, such as windows, maybe some double-doors, and it'll be awesome!

Same, I didn't get a lot of points but I think I made a house that would be nice to live in (once the new owners add in some windows).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

Who needs windows when you have three hot tubs?!