Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
SuicidalSmurfinator

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

====suicidalsmurf====

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Wildo

tompepper
Feb 14, 2005

Megabound

eggsovereasy
May 6, 2011

count my vote for sleepytime

Guido Merkens
Jun 18, 2003

The price of greatness is responsibility.
make mine Nigel Tufnel

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

joat mon

Jerm324
Aug 3, 2007
suicidalsmurf

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Goons have voted for the grungiest grunge and picked a winner which was CLEARLY shot along the muddy banks of the wishkah:

Just for funsies, the runner-up:

Have fun with whatever we're told to shoot in April. I'll leave the thread open for chatter for a few days.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

xzzy posted:

Goons have voted for the grungiest grunge and picked a winner which was CLEARLY shot along the muddy banks of the wishkah:

Just for funsies, the runner-up:

Have fun with whatever we're told to shoot in April. I'll leave the thread open for chatter for a few days.

Thanks all! A ton of great entries this month, I can't overstate how validating it is to get the nod from a group as talented as the posters in this sub forum.

I'll get a new post up by tomorrow!

Lawson
Apr 21, 2006

You're right, I agree.
Total Clam
Congrats Suicidalsmurf, good work.

I'm surprised to see that this

got only a half-vote. It would have gotten mine if I had been awake during voting. Perhaps it's that suicidalsmurf's entire image looks grungy, while this here looks actually kind of crisp despite the grungy subject?

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

It's absolutely an interesting subject with some really nice light, but lacks the context and story telling that the ones that got more votes have. Not that this makes it a bad picture, but that's the difference I see.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

barnacle tires always tell a story. for me it was mostly that kinda brown, deicing sand dust, hazy palette that sold sucidialsmurfs pic a little better for the theme. it looks like a still from fury road. but yeah, composition wise, had the shore been oily or littered and included in the shot, or if the background had been, like, a factory and in the shot, I would've leaned the other way

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

Pretty much all the entries were really loving amazing. No losers in my book. Imo, the votes simply capture the difference between "100% amazing" and "97% amazing".

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I would contend that mine is hot garbage, but in my defense it's hard to capture the dead gross wetness of late winter when you live somewhere that that phase of the season is p' much already over by march

tk
Dec 10, 2003

Nap Ghost
Here’s a couple of my almosts.

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

I had these as backups:

I had a lot of fun with this challenge.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

This was my backup

Super strong month, looking forward to the next! Everyone has been killing it.

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

Not really backups per-se, but all from the same day and this part of town generally falls into the grunge theme no matter where you point the camera:

theHUNGERian
Feb 23, 2006

tuna posted:

Not really backups per-se, but all from the same day and this part of town generally falls into the grunge theme no matter where you point the camera:

Los Angeles?

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

tuna posted:

This slaps, real nice.

tuna
Jul 17, 2003

theHUNGERian posted:

Los Angeles?

Yeah, more specifically the Sun Valley area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

That viaduct one is super great.