Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.
I understand that USPOL is being split, and I understand the reasons.

I am voicing my objection, as a generally low-information voter who is way too busy with family and personal life to bother with multiple threads. USPOL in the form it's existed over the last 24 months has allowed me to keep a finger on the pulse of more or less all the pertinent issues of the day, even if this meant filtering through a lot of noise.

I expect that when USPOL goes away I will just turn all my attention to the games and cannabis production threads, because as I said, I am lazy, have many family and personal obligations, and zero interest on keeping up on six different threads. I also lack the specific interest in any one particular domain, to follow a thread that's only about immigration policy, etc.

I know this is going to happen anyway, because people think USPOL is untenable. I think it's useful, so, something that's useful to me is going away, and as a result I'll just stay even more low information because of my unwillingness to overcome my basic laziness and commitments to other things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I am nearly certain that one thread will become the de facto 'uspol' thread. I'm confident this will happen as I'm sure there's more than one person than myself who would rather just refresh one thread than having to keep track what's going on elsewhere. I think it's basically happened before a bunch of times.

There's been a lot of posters who took it upon themselves to fill the thread with tweets and news, almost like an aggregator. I appreciate that and the thread, and some of the discussion was good. You had a good idea what was going on nationwide.

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

I am nearly certain that one thread will become the de facto 'uspol' thread. I'm confident this will happen as I'm sure there's more than one person than myself who would rather just refresh one thread than having to keep track what's going on elsewhere. I think it's basically happened before a bunch of times.

There's been a lot of posters who took it upon themselves to fill the thread with tweets and news, almost like an aggregator. I appreciate that and the thread, and some of the discussion was good. You had a good idea what was going on nationwide.

If that thread has a rule applied that you can't post fluff pieces about how cool the president/his family are (and similar irrelevant celebrity worship type stuff), but also the rule where succ zone isn't allowed to jerk themselves off over their sick burns they delivered in D&D is actually seriously enforced, that seems like a reasonable compromise.

Also I just find it odd that the first breaking of this news seems to have been by an IK in the immigration thread? Maybe I missed something. Not a big deal I guess, just unusual.

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

will we be allowed to refer to the Friendly Camps by their non-IK-approved terminology in the successor threads

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
The plan is to have a central USNews thread for posting and discussing current events, while moving long term, recurring, or in depth discussions to their own threads were they won't either be lost in the sheer number of posts USPol gets, or take over USPol when other interesting things are happening. Honestly, I feel like for somebody like you, this change will make it easier to keep up and stay informed.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
this thread is 100% more suited for D&D itself, a feedback thread specifically for a thread within that forum. it'll get better responses there from ppl who know wtf you're talking about and/or give a poo poo, instead of the usual crop of ruthless trolls who inhabit QCS; and so i am moving this thread to there. i hope you enjoy it and it gets a lot of great feedback, content, and maybe even some laughs. have a good day man.

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

fool of sound posted:

The plan is to have a central USNews thread for posting and discussing current events, while moving long term, recurring, or in depth discussions to their own threads were they won't either be lost in the sheer number of posts USPol gets, or take over USPol when other interesting things are happening. Honestly, I feel like for somebody like you, this change will make it easier to keep up and stay informed.

this clears things up for me, and thank you very much! Sorry if I made a dogpile out of a molehill.

Smythe posted:

this thread is 100% more suited for D&D itself, a feedback thread specifically for a thread within that forum. it'll get better responses there from ppl who know wtf you're talking about and/or give a poo poo, instead of the usual crop of ruthless trolls who inhabit QCS; and so i am moving this thread to there. i hope you enjoy it and it gets a lot of great feedback, content, and maybe even some laughs. have a good day man.

I've been here for like 16 years and somehow still don't understand very basic things about our hive culture and politics :allears: Drive through VT sometime good person, I always have weed and usually maple syrup for goons.

Cabbages and VHS fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Mar 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Not a problem! I'm going to go ahead and close the thread but feel free to pm me if anyone wants it reopened