Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
with the news that man ure getting a new sponsor and its chatroulette or something, theres never been a better time to hark back to those halcyon days when every team wasnt sponsored by a far easternr betting company

when everyones second favourite team SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY were relegated in 2000, we knew we had to send a message about our intentions to get back into the premier league.

and that message was splashing the words sucky sucks, in spanish, across our shirts, for three years until the inventor of sucky sucks died and we were relegated again, to league one

please post your favourite shirt sponsor that made you think wow, we really are pretty small time, below

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Several years after Beanie Babies were a thing.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
I was too young to see this live but even when I first saw it I didn't even blink. There's a very popular band by the same name in Italy as well. I don't think I fully realized how bad it was til I went to college

This, however, I laughed at instantly. The word "assicurazione" means "insurance", so it's a perfectly normal abbreviation or mishmash of words in Italian but not so much in English.

More recently this was a minor hit in the Serie A thread

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Gigi Galli posted:

I was too young to see this live but even when I first saw it I didn't even blink. There's a very popular band by the same name in Italy as well. I don't think I fully realized how bad it was til I went to college

But it also spawned maybe the greatest car sponsor/livery combination ever.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Shrapnig posted:

But it also spawned maybe the greatest car sponsor/livery combination ever.

Penthouse poo is so incredibly German that BMW had no choice really.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010

lolling

hello i am phone
Nov 24, 2005
¿donde estoy?
Porto's sponsor never fails to make smile because aparently I'm 12

It means piss

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente
crossposting from the shirt thread

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

jeebus bob posted:

crossposting from the shirt thread
This looks like something from an old PES/Winning Eleven game where they needed to come up with a fake uniform for "Man Red" and this did the job.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe