Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

herculon posted:

Not so much a games I played wrong as a kid, but whenever I got stuck on a game I’d call the place I rented it from for help. They never had any idea what I was talking about and eventually told me to stop calling.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

Bomberman 64 battle mode. Rented this game a lot. There must have been some rules other than just “bomb the poo poo out of each other as much as possible” but my sister and I never figured em out. We’d just go nuts bombing everything we could, getting turned into little ghosts and riding the AI’s back to gently caress with then (vague memory), making as much chaos as we could. And then would get really fired up because we’d never win even when one of us clearly did the most bombing.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
for some reason I never figured out how to save my game in donkey kong country 2, which resulted in me never getting very far past the second world because usually I couldn't beat the sword boss

this is especially hosed up because I knew how to save in 3 and got 103% or whatever it was

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

herculon posted:

Not so much a games I played wrong as a kid, but whenever I got stuck on a game I’d call the place I rented it from for help. They never had any idea what I was talking about and eventually told me to stop calling.

Lol

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I killed all the monsters in the overworld lairs in actraiser instead of leading the villagers to seal them.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Oh I just remembered the time I spent 3 days after school conquering the entire city in GTASA and then immediately doing the mission that kicks you out of Los Santos and destroys Grove Street’s influence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
I was friends with the best Smash Bros Melee player at my college and one time he convinced me to play Metroid Prime 2 multiplayer with him which was a mistake because he boost balled across the entire map at top speed and instantly killed me every single time I spawned. I have no idea how he got so good at that game as a child and it still haunts me