Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
will they sting me if i go too near?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
They will slurp out your eyeballs and commandeer your flesh prison for their own demented ends, so they're clearly perfectly safe to touch!

Twenty Four

hummingbirds are dicks and they hate each other and also me and the feeling is mutual

Twenty Four

to be clear i dont want to hate them but they are really mean!

your friend sk

(ヤイケス!)

hummingbirds are cool for getting the nectar out that i can't

Join the BYOB Army

thank you again Saoshyant!!

xcheopis

Pot Smoke Phoenix posted:

They will slurp out your eyeballs and commandeer your flesh prison for their own demented ends, so they're clearly perfectly safe to touch!

Ah, you got your second Moderna shot.

Fifteen years taking prescriptions
Now a shrink like, "I dunno, maybe get a kitten"

Twenty Four

pretty sure their constant 1 inch fly by high speed approaches while I sit outside will one day end in a collision or getting tangled in my hair or worse

stop buzzing the tower humming birds!

Plant MONSTER.

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop
do they build cobwebs?

xcheopis

Plant MONSTER. posted:

do they build cobwebs?

Big ones that they can use as trampolines.

Twenty Four

Three humming bird feeders, two humming birds, both constantly attack each other over any one that the other uses because they are assholes.

For what it is worth I got attacked by a humming bird today AGAIN!

xcheopis

Twenty Four posted:

Three humming bird feeders, two humming birds, both constantly attack each other over any one that the other uses because they are assholes.

For what it is worth I got attacked by a humming bird today AGAIN!

Have you considered that MAYBE if you weren't SUCH A SWEET PERSON, this wouldn't be happening? Really, it's your own fault.

FutonForensic

it's called the ruby throated hummingbird on account of its calling card left on victims: crimson red gullets slashed by tiny blades

FutonForensic

a touching story in vigilante justice: local hero paints butthole red and gives those hoodlum birds a prank to remember

nut

depends on how you feel about humming

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

xcheopis posted:

Ah, you got your second Moderna shot.

No, the first Pfizer- say, have you heard of Microsoft Windows?

Bill Gates is telling me to tell you to stand closer to the 5g tower so you can *static* me bet *static* while I offer these fantastic dea *static* on the prices for Micros *static* products!

https://i.imgur.com/QKTkerO.mp4
Sig elements by Manifisto and Heather Papps
Sig File protected by SigLock. do NOT steal this sig!

Heather Papps

hello friend

hummers are scary but not terribly dangerous. one tried to attack me last year but bailed upon realizing i was not a flower, and i had to remove two from my patio before they died.

basically they are the softest bird in history and you should fear not.

thanks Dumb Sex-Parrot and deep dish peat moss for this winter bounty!

Barco Fiesta

a fantasy of olives
they are not dangerous but they are really rwally judgy

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
They wiped out all the dinosaurs.

That's how badass they are- they figured out a way to make a meteor hit the Earth and wipe out their competition.

Dinosaurs were fierce nectar hunters and the hummingbird's number one competitor.

Prove me wrong, it's all right there *points around wildly*

magic cactus

We lied. We are not at war. There is no enemy. This is a rescue operation.
normal humming birds are quite harmless OP.

it's the meth hummingbirds you need to worry about

Thanks to Saoshyant for the amazing spring '23 sig!

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."

magic cactus posted:

When they get into the PCP they can get pretty violent.

The best strategy is to be patient and play the long game, since their rapid heart rate and metabolism dooms them to an early death.

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

magic cactus posted:

Flap so fast their tiny little wings warp space so they can dart inside your ribcage in their teensy little warp bubble and set up shop, slurping up all your innards at their leisure.

Good luck living like that...

mailorder bees

FLUFFERNUTTER
how can they be dangerous if theyre not even real :confused:

thanks Manifisto!

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!

minecraft_holmes posted:

how can they be dangerous if theyre not even real :confused:

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
I eat them all the time op, they are perfectly fine

Finger Prince

RickRogers posted:

I eat them all the time op, they are perfectly fine

Paint your face red and your lips yellow like a hummingbird feedwe and lie silent and still with an open mouth full of sugar water.
Then when they approach for a sip.... CHOMP!

Plant MONSTER.

Finger Prince posted:

Paint your face red and your lips yellow like a hummingbird feedwe and lie silent and still with an open mouth full of sugar water.
Then when they approach for a sip.... CHOMP!

omg that's badass from a lore standpoint gonna make a plant monster based on that idea. thank you finger prince. : )

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Hummingbirds are jerks but I can't stay mad at them

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

Are there other humming animals? Now I'm imagining a hummingdog flitting back and forth on a blur of legs

xcheopis

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Are there other humming animals? Now I'm imagining a hummingdog flitting back and forth on a blur of legs

Cats hum all the time

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Hummingsloth slowly vibrating up and down trees

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

The deep, menacing buzz of an approaching hummingbear

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
Hummingdad flitting around the grill, lured by scent of charcoal.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

Hummingbirds are destroyung tyis country

Lil Swamp Booger Baby

They can fire a semi-automatic weapon faster than any other living creature on this earth. Trillions of dead earthworms and small children have fallen by their hand.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

biosterous

i think you've got them mixed up with harmingbirds

thank you saoshyant for this sig!!!
gallery of sigs

he/him

RickRogers

Woh, is that a thing I like??
OP I'm changing my opinion. They have somehow become organised and have me trapped in a cupboard. This is the price I have paid for delicious crispy-fried hummingbird.

The humming is unending, I am so so sorry

Plant MONSTER.

So I went outside and long story short I am now part of a hummingbird gang and I have to like, drain one of youse guyses of your fluids as my initiation. I vote nut

Pot Smoke Phoenix

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Herlp there's a humpingbird on my leg!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ventral EggSac

biosterous posted:

i think you've got them mixed up with harmingbirds