Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What are you hitting monsters with?
Bow
Charge Blade
Dual Blades
Great Sword
Gunlance
Hammer
Heavy Bowgun
Hunting Horn
Insect Glaive
Lance
Light Bowgun
Longsword
Switch Axe
Sword and Shield
View Results

TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

verbal enema posted:

Barioth down! I made a new super fire hammer and went all in on attack and the palico shieldspire not the dogshit drum that really changed it up

Congrats! The best MH defense is MH offense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

verbal enema posted:

Barioth down! I made a new super fire hammer and went all in on attack and the palico shieldspire not the dogshit drum that really changed it up

Speaking of make sure to do the quest to upgrade the shieldspire gadget if you haven't already. Not only is it incredibly useful it's also very funny.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

verbal enema posted:

:hellyeah:

Edit - And the funny thing is, the next time you face it you'll probably take it down like it's nothing, and in half the time.

Paying2Lurk fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Apr 22, 2024

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Electric Phantasm posted:

Speaking of make sure to do the quest to upgrade the shieldspire gadget if you haven't already. Not only is it incredibly useful it's also very funny.

I'm slowly working my way through the equipment upgrade quests too. Did one for the ghillie and vitality cloaks but haven't seen the shieldspire one pop up yet

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
If I give my palico the snowboard will he use it to traverse the snow

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

verbal enema posted:

If I give my palico the snowboard will he use it to traverse the snow

no :(

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

game SUCKS

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Playing thru MHGU and got to Cephadrome without realizing 1) you really need flash bombs and 2) you need to paintball him at all times because the loving guy escapes and never shows up for ever. Beat him with like two min left, what a fuckhead. Was relieved to see that everyone online thinks he’s one of the worst in the series. Honestly the hit boxes for him and constantly disappearing made it incredibly annoying, dude isn’t even difficult but the hunt drags out due to waiting and chasing him down.

Alxprit
Feb 7, 2015

<click> <click> What is it with this dancing?! Bouncing around like fools... I would have thought my own kind at least would understand the seriousness of our Adventurer's Guild!

I had almost removed Cephadrome for my memory...

PoptartsNinja
May 9, 2008

He is still almost definitely not a spy

Soiled Meat
I trust that the Monster Hunter team could make Cephadrome good.

At the same time, I wish they'd make Cephadrome good by making it extinct, appearing only as easter egg bone gather spots in the desert.

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Cats cure all ills. Post more of them.

I LOVE his design and concept and his BWUH???? head tilt animation but good god he's not a good fight.

Can't wait for him to be in wilds

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
Nibelsnarf is an improved cephadrome in every way

Bigger, stronger, faster, cuter

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

you need to paintball him at all times because the loving guy escapes and never shows up for ever

Paintball *everything* and refresh the paintball until you know that monster's patterns on each map - which you will soon enough. Even then, I continue to paintball as it's annoying to search some of these maps if I misremember. Having someone zone out on you just as you find them again is peak MH frustration.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Bananasaurus Rex posted:

Nibelsnarf is an improved cephadrome in every way

Bigger, stronger, faster, cuter

A better Gobul, too

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

One thing that bugs me about multiplayer in Sunbreak is not having the "respond to any ol' join request" option for event quests. iirc World had this and I hope Wilds brings it back

The Cheshire Cat
Jun 10, 2008

Fun Shoe

Lib and let die posted:

One thing that bugs me about multiplayer in Sunbreak is not having the "respond to any ol' join request" option for event quests. iirc World had this and I hope Wilds brings it back

Yeah this is a major weakness of Rise compared to World - you can still attempt to hop into rando's quests but you either have to search for a specific quest to see if someone is running it (and you will often not find anything), or just have it look for any quest and have you join the first one it finds, which could be anything. World's approach makes a lot more sense, where you just search for active SOS flares and then it gives you a list of all the quests people are running that fit your search criteria and you can pick any of them to join immediately.

On an unrelated note, after putting the game down for a little while, I got the urge to jump back into World with a new character and give GS a try, a weapon I've used exactly one time in an arena fight which I did not enjoy. Having actually learned how to use it, I now understand why so many people main this weapon. I'm still in low rank but man, I am really not used to monsters already limping away after like, 5 hits. Even landing SAED's never made them reel away from the impact the way that a TCS does.

Is there a trick to lining up correctly to wake a sleeping monster with the final hit of the TCS combo? I can get it sometimes but the positioning seems really touchy.

Paying2Lurk
Sep 15, 2023

I'd take a bullet
for a bud any day.

The Cheshire Cat posted:

Is there a trick to lining up correctly to wake a sleeping monster with the final hit of the TCS combo? I can get it sometimes but the positioning seems really touchy.

Get up next to the head, block, then roll away. Turn and face the mon again (don't move toward it at all) and start your combo. It takes a little practice but it's quick once you get it down.

This video shows how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZERQogBKoQg

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Chronojam posted:

A better Gobul, too

Wrong wrong wrong

Bananasaurus Rex
Mar 19, 2009
https://twitter.com/monsterhunter/status/1783934375035347202?t=umSllptfTB5xFLHxhVzCoA&s=19

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Khezu already looks like the dick dragon, "8 inches of Khezu" just drives it home

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

MHGU: Did the Bulldrome mission and I think I said “that’s it!?” out loud when it was over in five minutes lol

Goddamn how many of these gathering missions do I have to do before Rank 3 or even just more monster hunts, there’s like 100 monsters in this game and I think I’ve only fought four in seven hours. Maybe I’m just not used to the older games coming from World and Rise, guessing I need to do one mission in each village to get the Urgent Quest.

Reiche
Jan 28, 2009

I like my coffee with cream and lsd.
Only 8 inches? That is very concerning

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

DLC Inc posted:

MHGU: Did the Bulldrome mission and I think I said “that’s it!?” out loud when it was over in five minutes lol

Goddamn how many of these gathering missions do I have to do before Rank 3 or even just more monster hunts, there’s like 100 monsters in this game and I think I’ve only fought four in seven hours. Maybe I’m just not used to the older games coming from World and Rise, guessing I need to do one mission in each village to get the Urgent Quest.

Search for a GU key quests spreadsheet. A good one will save you lots of time, including with cat mode key quests.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DLC Inc posted:

The hunts required to progress are basically random and not marked in game whatsoever lol. Definitely look up a key hunt list.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Turns out all I needed was to do the five minute crab killing thing. Then I got to fight Arzurus who I love and the fun Teoscabra boulder boy. Decided to try sword and shield with Valor style, very fun to parry poo poo and then unleash a flurry of slashes into Round Slash.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Raging "rear end in a top hat" Rajang. What a bastard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

felgs
Dec 31, 2008

Bring back sword oils Capcom

I need to oil my sword
I need to slather them all on in one stroke with chaos oil

please capcom