Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021

Quiet Python posted:

Cobra Kai is the continuation of the story from the Karate Kid movies. Thirty-four years after their fateful battle at the All-Valley Karate tournament, Johnny Lawrence and Daniel Larusso reignite their love of karate and dislike for each other. Their renewed rivalry motivates them to create rival karate dojos and draws a new generation of fighters into the conflict.

It's got three seasons on Netflix with a fourth in the works. The game has you choose either Johnny's Cobra Kai dojo or Daniel's Miyagi-Do dojo and play through the story, but you don't get the whole story (or face the real Final Boss) without completing both story paths. It also adds a bunch of stuff that's not in the series, like the fighters having elemental super powers.

I had fun with it for a bit, but it soon became obvious I wasn't going to make much more progress without getting way better at doing combos and getting a walkthrough to show me how to beat one of the bosses.

Ohh, that sounds really cool. I gotta add that to my list of shows to watch.

The game sounds cool too. By combos, do you mean like fighting game/street fighter level combos? Like, quarter circle light punch haduken poo poo? Because I知 all for that that would be amazing. I知 gonna look into the game regardless and hell, maybe I値l LP it.

Speaking of, I forgot to mention on this thread that I did start a new thread and new LP of The Deadly Tower of Monsters if anyone is interested.

HappyCreatedInc fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Jun 11, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
It's more like the combos in Devil May Cry, where you are assigned a rating based on how many hits you can land on enemies without getting hit yourself. In Cobra Kai, higher combos will restore life to your health bar or potentially even bring a defeated fighter back to life! Decent combos are vital if you want to survive the later levels, as enemies hit hard and it can be a while between opportunities to heal in other ways.

Good luck with the new LP!

HappyCreatedInc
Mar 24, 2021

Quiet Python posted:

It's more like the combos in Devil May Cry, where you are assigned a rating based on how many hits you can land on enemies without getting hit yourself. In Cobra Kai, higher combos will restore life to your health bar or potentially even bring a defeated fighter back to life! Decent combos are vital if you want to survive the later levels, as enemies hit hard and it can be a while between opportunities to heal in other ways.

Good luck with the new LP!

Ok that sounds really loving cool! I知 gonna look it up and depending on the price I知 gonna get it sometime.

And thanks!