Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MapleCarnage
Dec 30, 2010
So I introduced my girlfriend to wrestling recently with Fastlane. At one point she says she'd like it more if there was some blood and I've never been more in love with someone, but I don't know where to even start. What are some of your favorite hard-core, super bloody matches?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
samoa joe vs the necro butcher

duckdealer
Feb 28, 2011

Maybe Nick Gage vs RSP at GCW: Run Ricky Run?

Lots of shenanigans in that match though so maybe not if she doesn't like run ins. I thought it was great personally.

Not sure if you watch GCW but they do a fair amount of deathmatch stuff.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

samoa joe vs necro butcher
eddie vs jbl
jun kasai compilation

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBPQqAXmzhQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLgz8YsO9LI

fez_machine fucked around with this message at 00:49 on Mar 25, 2021

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

Great Muta vs Hiroshi Hase NJPW Battle Final 1992

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

MapleCarnage posted:

So I introduced my girlfriend to wrestling recently with Fastlane. '

sorry im just stuck on this

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

this is not a list of matches with the most blood but really good matches with a ton of blood

steve austin vs bret hart wrestlemania 97

adam cole vs kyle oreilly roh best in the world 2011

bryan danielson vs takeshi morishima roh final battle 2008

bryan danielson vs nigel mcguinness roh unified 2006

anything featuring chigusa nagayo vs dump matsumoto

for a not great match but concerning amount of blood, eddie guerrero vs jbl from judgment day 2004

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

was nigel vs aries from rising above bloody or did he just destroy his brain and thats it?
what about that roddy match that they changed the name of the show for was that any good?

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
Thunder Rosa-Britt Baker from last Wednesday's Dynamite was pretty bloody and absolutely fantastic.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yea ok posted:

was nigel vs aries from rising above bloody or did he just destroy his brain and thats it?
what about that roddy match that they changed the name of the show for was that any good?

oh yeah roh A Cut Above lol and there was a little blood in nigel/aries but not a ton of it

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

Masashi Takeda vs. Isami Kodaka

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Kurt Angle vs Shane at KOR 2001 wasn't super bloody, but was absolutely brutal. Lotta brain damage

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

MapleCarnage posted:

So I introduced my girlfriend to wrestling recently with Fastlane. At one point she says she'd like it more if there was some blood and I've never been more in love with someone, but I don't know where to even start. What are some of your favorite hard-core, super bloody matches?

Jay Briscoe vs Samoa Joe from ROH's At Our Best features Jay with the craziest blade job in wrestling history. Blood starts coagulating and hanging from Jay's forehead.

Thunder Rosa vs Britt Baker from last week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMHm9tnQOQQ

The Thrillseekers vs The Heavenly Bodies from SMW. Chris Jericho broke his arm doing Shooting Star Presses in practice and it leads to one of the legendary blade jobs in wrestling history.

The Nick Gage vs Matt Tremont matches, especially the Tournament of Survival final.

Ibexaz
Jul 23, 2013

The faces he makes while posting are inexcusable! When he writes a post his face is like a troll double checking bones to see if there's any meat left! When I post I look like a peacock softly kissing a rose! Didn't his parents provide him with a posting mirror to practice forums faces growing up?
Cody v Goldust

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

if you want some color from a dude you normally wouldn't expect it from:

Cena vs. JBL, Judgment Day '05
Cena vs. Umaga, Royal Rumble '07

if you want some color in a match that's one of the best WWE matches ever but we don't talk about much anymore:

Triple H vs. Shawn Michaels vs. Chris Benoit, WrestleMania 20

D.N. Nation fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Mar 25, 2021

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Lucha Underground - Hell of War https://youtu.be/T9IUGW58GLM

At one point AR Fox just leaves like a big flap of skin behind on a stretcher

Big Dave
Nov 6, 2009

Friends don't shake hands, friends gotta hug!

there were some good deathmatch recommendations in this thread from last month
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3959614

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

would recommend the lights out match as well. decently bloody, some ouch spots, but nothing too ridiculous.

just be aware that "bloody" is a wide swath and can range anywhere from "minor boo-boo" to "i think I see bone" and involve human beings literally mutilating each other with scissors and hatchet boards. not judging if you like that stuff but it can be a shock if you're not expecting it

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
somebody say blood?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UtYSGizQufU

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Anything from Ric Flair's TNA run probably

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

hokuto vs kandori

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Flair vs. Hogan, Uncensored 99

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Duke Pukem posted:

Legally, it's this.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Duke Pukem posted:

Yep

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

that's the match that the muta scale comes from right?

i still submit it should have been renamed the guerrero scale because the match vs jbl was like a 2.0 muta

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFI3gG_POCk

Audio clips from Foley's first book are synced as commentary in this video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zVDkBfVyF74

I think this was the match of the year in the observer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YeE4xJWwh9M

I want to say this was once voted the best match in WCCW history

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAfvVhrwZr0

I forgot about this one.

mariooncrack fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Mar 25, 2021

Red is Dead
Apr 28, 2008

The great and devious UltraMantis Black hides from no man, woman, beast, or unearthly spirit.
Drake younger vs Sami Callahan , PWG all star weekend 9, 2013.

N’thing joe vs butcher from IWA-MS.

There was a butcher vs corporal robinson light tube match that ended pretty gnarly; elevated burning hammer through tubes resting between 2 ladders.

You could also try looking for tournament of death stuff.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

War Games matches from 1987-91.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Critical posted:

just be aware that "bloody" is a wide swath and can range anywhere from "minor boo-boo" to "i think I see bone" and involve human beings literally mutilating each other with scissors and hatchet boards. not judging if you like that stuff but it can be a shock if you're not expecting it
Yeah, I was going to say "It'd be interesting if there was some blood" is a far cry from BJW's scissor board & hypodermic needle matches. A good happy medium is probably something like Penta vs Vampiro which has some pretty gross fluorescent light tube spots.

Or if she can take more, show her the ECW Mass Transit Incident. :unsmigghh:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Yes, I'd recommend not running out and showing someone proper death matches until they are a bit more comfortable with the deranged essence of pro wrestling. Because seeing guys wrapped in barbed wire and thrown onto boards covered in scissors and needles stuck through their cheek is probably an acquired taste.

Unless your partner is a proper sicko in which go ahead and show her classic Jun Kasai or Masashi Takeda or Yuko Miyamoto matches from Big Japan and Freedoms.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Mass Transit incident

David Arquette vs. Nick Gage is pretty gnarly

Sabu vs. Terry Funk barbed wire match in ecw

If you want an actual good match, seconding Bret vs. Austin at WM13. The Brodie vs. Mox ppv match from 2020 was great, but not exceptionally bloody.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
There's a lot of good matches in this thread but if you're just easing her into wrestling, just do the Lights Out Baker/Rosa match from last week and Angle/Shane from KOTR 2001.

Branch out from there. "Muta Scale" matches like Muta/Hase and Kandori/Hokuto are going to be a lot different than FMW exploding cage matches from the same era. Cena/JBL is going to be different than Samoa Joe/Necro Butcher, maybe she's into Jun Kasai style matches where people fall on scissors, or CZW garbage wrestling where people get hit with weed wackers.

Start with the most familiar/recent matches, then work your way back.