Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
This phone number business is probably because Americans don't believe in all the numbers, just the ones that they choose to believe in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Funky See Funky Do posted:

People often cite this but never cite his phone number. Well, what is it? Put up or shut up.

Bill Clinton is sitting on over a million numbers. How many exactly nobody knows and I wouldn't try and find out if I was you.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I have information that will lead to a phone call with Hilary Clinton.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

What part of America has nine digit phone numbers?

Listen we're four pages in, we're too deep to correct it now. Just roll with it.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Easy solution by top mathematicians: use imaginary phone numbers to call your imaginary friends and loved ones

.random
May 7, 2007

Oof. There’s a lot of unhelpful posts in this thread. But fear not, I’m here to help.

OP, have you heard about the most successful Kickstarter project ever, having raised over $350 million to date?

That’s right: Star Citizen, the best drat space sim ever. What does Star Citizen have to do with this crisis? I’m glad you asked. Star Citizen introduces FOIP technology, accessible to anyone for just $35*.

FOIP doesn’t require a phone, a phone number, or even a country code. Just load into the game, ensure you’re on the same server as the person you want to speak with (which is easily achievable with up to the 50 40 people on a server), don’t get disconnected, take a 20 minute train ride to your hanger, board your ship without clipping through the ramp and dying resulting in you respawning and needing to take the train ride again, hope your friend or loved one is in their ship, call them with FOIP and be prepared to be blown away by the fidelitous facial movements and perfect clarion audio. You’re welcome, commando!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bT2oY0nRsJw

knuthgrush
Jun 25, 2008

Be brave; clench fists.

500 good dogs posted:

281-330-8004!

I wonder if Mike Jones ever got that number back? :iiam:

GetDunked
Dec 16, 2011

respectfully

Vampire Panties posted:

Ideally, we would do away with E.164/NANP dialing and assign everyone their own personal IPv6 address. Maybe figure out some sort of abbreviation so people don't have to memorize a sixteen character string.

Is anyone even using ipv6? I feel like I almost never see it. If computer nerds won't adopt it, that bodes ill for any kind of phone number extension

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Lol Americans won’t even put on a mask imagine telling em they gotta add a digit to their phone number. Even when we add new area codes people flip their loving poo poo

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

GetDunked posted:

Is anyone even using ipv6? I feel like I almost never see it.

yeah, most of asia. probably your cell phone.

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
i have an nft of my phone number so i'm safe

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I have a way that we can add an additional 9 billion possible phone numbers OP. It's pretty radical. But all we'd have to do is make phone number 10 digits long.

Lossy Compression
Sep 29, 2019

Hooked On A Feeling

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I have a way that we can add an additional 9 billion possible phone numbers OP. It's pretty radical. But all we'd have to do is make phone number 10 digits long.

You guys are overthinking this. Just cut every phone in half. Boom! Two billion numbers. And when those run out, cut 'em all in half again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Lol Americans won’t even put on a mask imagine telling em they gotta add a digit to their phone number. Even when we add new area codes people flip their loving poo poo

i will personally become a terrorist